The Academy Awards 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could tell just in the montage how much Bullock doesn't belong in this category at all.

What the hell was that, Sean Penn?

And by the way, while I have your ear, why do you always look like such an angry, humorless asshole?

Oh, because you're an angry, humorless asshole who allegedly beats his wives? Oh, okay.

I can't wait to hear the backstory about the "my lover, Meryl Streep" jokes.

I loved how she got that in at the end, even though she was in the sappy part of her speech.

I can't believe you have not watched City of God
(should be a good fit for a fan of The Wire)

that may have been my favorite film, that year

It's staggering, really, just how many great films I still need to watch.

But I'm trying.

I never saw Blind Side and likely never will. I doubt Bullock's acting will ever be in a class with Streep's or Mirren's.

That being said, I enjoyed her speech and she always struck me as a good person. Maybe she's not, not sure, but she seems so.

NICE.

Cue all the complaints that she only won because she's a woman. Not that I don't think there could be valid points in there, since I didn't think the movie was that great, but I know there'll be people bitching about her win.

NICE.

Cue all the complaints that she only won because she's a woman. Not that I don't think there could be valid points in there, since I didn't think the movie was that great, but I know there'll be people bitching about her win.

I don't believe this will happen at all.

She has been winning all season.

It is a deserving win.

Wow, no beating around the bush there for the winner.

Good for The Hurt Locker. Glad I didn't have to throw anything at my TV!

Back
Top Bottom