The Absolutely Fabulous Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Zoo Station has yet to see a thread dedicated to Eddy and Patsy and the rest of the Ab Fab family. Booze, smokes, drugs, Lacroix, getting fat, getting old, and platinum blonde hair... What's not to love?

absolutely_fabulous.jpg

Post your favourite quotes, darling!

Eddy - This is a sort of corpse in an open, oaken, oblong coffin. It's a dead body, Pats.
Patsy - Yeah, but is it art?
Eddy - No Sweetie, it's my father.

Eddy - Family? Family?! God I hope you haven't invited that bloody, bollocky, selfish, twofaced, chicken, bastard, pigdog man have you?
Saffy - You could just say dad.

Eddy - Have you eaten something?
Patsy - Not since 1973

Patsy - At least you've got a family. Even that bitch daughter of yours must be some sort of comfort to you.

Eddy - Inside of me there is a thin person Dying to get out
Mother - Just the one dear?

Patsy - I never knew my father - my mother only knew him fairly briefly.

Patsy - You little peice of dribble piss!

Patsy - Neat? She was so anally retentive she couldn't sit down for fear of sucking up the furniture!

Last edited:
My fav would have to be the episode when Patsy is running around with the botox injection:laugh:

:lol:

Oh, God yes! That was great. I also loved the one where Eddy and Pats passed out while drunkenly rooting through a rubbish barge. I just about p*ssed myself when they woke up! Oh, and the one where Eddy was trying to park (or make some sort of U-turn, I can't remember, it's been a while since I saw it) her car, only to end up provoking a hoot and some choice words from another impatient motorist. I love the way Patsy gets out the car and starts whacking her purse on the poor woman's windshield. :lmao:

:heart: ABFAB :heart:

Quotes! Where do we even start?!

Almost anything Bubble says and,

"I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's Me! Me! Me!" (Eddy to Saffy on Eddy's Birthday)

I love the Doorknob (doorhandle?) and Isolation Tank episodes too!

In high school I SPLURGED on all the VHS editions. Now I wish I had them all on DVD. :hmm:

LuvandPeace1980 said:
Ab Fab rocks!!!

My Favourite sequence is when they get locked in the lounge room..

WITH A KNITTING NEEDLE!!!!!

A KNITTING NEEDLE!!!

I adore Patsy. :lmao: "ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!"

Oh, and isn't that the one where they mention something about Bono? They were talking about a photo shoot they went to in Ireland and Patsy got a Corr, though she was aiming for Bono? It was something like that. It may have been in another episode, but I definitely remember him being mentioned.

I also loved the one where Eddy and Patsy couldn't decide which wine they wanted...and ended up getting completely pissed after sampling them all. :lol:

Back to quotes, here's some Eddy favourites:

"It's Lacroix, darling. LACROIX."

"BLOODY BUGGERY!"

"I wonder if Lacroix does kitchens?"

I was just gonna start a thread like this so just as well I didn't!

The courtroom scene at the end of Poor is possibly the best thing Jennifer Saunders has ever done and that's high praise indeed.

<As the Judge is about to pass sentence>

EDINA: Can I just say something.

SAFFY: Mum, your mouth is working for the prosecution.

EDINA: No notes, sweetie, just watch you might get some tips for the debating society (through-out her speech Edina then looks at her hand where it is obvious she's written notes). Edina then rants on about nothing relevant)

JUDGE: Does this have a point?

EDINA: (pauses, looks at hand) ...yes! Why oh why do we pay taxes?! I mean to fund barriers outside shops so you can't even get in them! I KNOW they're there to stop people running into the road and killing themselves, BUT WE'RE NOT ALL STUPID! We don't all need nurse-maiding! Just tax the stupid people!

PATSY: LET THEM DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: there's loadsa other stuff in that scene as well, but it's better watched then typed if you know what I mean.

When Patsy is trying to persuade Saff to do the modelling thing:

PATSY: I know you pretend to hate me and I pretend to hate you.
SAFFY: I do hate you.
PATSY: Why?!
SAFFY: Because you've resented me since the day I was born.
PATSY: BEFORE!

Also don't forget this classic from Saffy on Patsy:
"At her age the skin slides off the bone like a well-cooked chicken"

And (I'm will shut up soon, honestly!):

SAFFY: <about Sarah> She has third degree burns!
EDINA: It's not my fault she got too close to a candle.
SAFFY: You were HOLDING the candle.
PATSY: Act of God.

:wink:

Last edited:
'A small opening' from series 4 (the episode where saffy writes THAT play) is fantastic too.

<Edina thinks Serge has been kidnapped so calls the police>

PATSY: *at the fireplace frantically burning various drugs in the fire*

<SAFFY enters>

PATSY: <Jumps> I'M A REGISTERED ADDICT!!!

SAFFY: Who's downstairs?

PATSY: <panicky> The pigs, the filth, our friends with the talking badges!!!

<later>

Upset that the police aren't taking her claims seriously and are leaving, Edina utters the classic line:

EDINA: What's the matter with you?! Got a night-shoot on The Bill or something?

Other highlights of this episode:

Patsy passing out.
When Edina and Patsy first see the actress playing Edina.
It's an actor playing Patsy.
Sarah is great is this episode especially with her whole whisky drinking.
The western style face-off between Edina&Patsy at the landing and Justin and Saffy in the hall below.
EDINA: Don't show that kitten to Patsy will you, you know how she gets jealous...

I loved the one when Patsy and Eddy went to the country to shoot birds.....:lol:

Some more:

PATSY:They seriously injured me, I was scarred for life!
SAFFY: Extraordinary how they managed to hit you in the exact same place behind each ear.

EDINA: <To SAFFY> Sweetie, darling. Sweetie, darling. You don't mind me calling you that do you, sweetie, hmmmm, do you darling? I dunno how it started but once these things have, it's hard to get out of these habits.

SAFFY: It started because you couldn't remember my name for the first three years.

SAFFY: What was my birth like?
<PATSY sniggers>
EDINA: <mouthed: shut up> <smiles> It was beautiful darling. It was like that film, erm, Bambi. We were like those... what were they, dogs, were they?

SAFFY: Deer.

EDINA:Yes, we were like those deer. <goes into a flashback that involves Patsy sporting a Purdy haircut, roses and, of-course, Patsy being given drugs>
<goes out of flashback. SAFFY looks happy until...>
PATSY: When you were three we tied you to the central reservation of a motorway.

EDINA: <hissed > Shut up. <smiles nervously> Well, anyway darling, you were like a homing pigeon you were back within the week. And it was then that I knew I wanted you darling. <in babyish voice> I did, I wanted you darling.
<EDINA and SAFFY hug>

PATSY: However, the day after...

EDINA <leaps up> SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
AbFab is DIVINE!!! I'm medium height, chubby with dark, curly hair; my best friend is tall, skinny & very light brown/dark blonde hair -- we keep swearing we're going to do Halloween as Pats & Eddy some year. We just don't think any of the folks we know would get it. :down: And having to constantly explain who you are at Halloween just isn't worth effort. Although, I'd :heart: to see the pics that would be produced from our effort!! :D

:hmm: Agree with you about the having to explain it to everyone thing. Everyone would see you there with your bottle(s) of bolly (a necessary costume prop) and think "Greeeeeeaaaaat, a bunch of drunks on my doorstep..."

But despite the potential embarrassment/arrests you gotta do this! It would be the best halloween costume ever! Who/what could be scarier than Pats!

BluRmGrl said:
AbFab is DIVINE!!! I'm medium height, chubby with dark, curly hair; my best friend is tall, skinny & very light brown/dark blonde hair -- we keep swearing we're going to do Halloween as Pats & Eddy some year. We just don't think any of the folks we know would get it. :down: And having to constantly explain who you are at Halloween just isn't worth effort. Although, I'd :heart: to see the pics that would be produced from our effort!! :D

I would get it...and I would love it:wink:

Edina - 'Just remember one thing. Cancel my aromatherapy, my psychotherapy and reflexology, my osteopath, my homeopath and my naturopath, my crystal reading, my shiatsu, my organic hairdresser... and see if I can be rebirthed next Tuesday afternoon.'
Bubble - 'Consider it done.'

Yet more favourite moments:

Eddy punching out Saffy's lecturer after it turns out he is married.

That whole episode when Patsy's sister Jackie first came back. I thought that was really well played by Joanna Lumley and well written by Jennifer Saunders. Because, for all the humour, there was a real dark side to Pats and Jackie's relationship that wasn't hidden despite Ab Fab being a comedy.

"I may have been to paradise but I ain't never been to me". "Who me be?"

Eddy going to uni to get Saffy to open a can of rice pudding.

Eddy at the commune.

Eddy losing at the awards do.

PATSY: You know what these things are like. She probably bribed the judges.

EDDY: I picked those judges!

<later>

PATSY: The bitch must have cheated!
EDDY: The bitch cheated!
SAFFY: What did she do? Some work?

LuvandPeace1980 said:

My Favourite sequence is when they get locked in the lounge room..

I watched that one the other day. It was so funny.

<Eddy trying to pick out a new design for the kitchen out of a magazine>

EDDY: This is the latest in kitchen fashion darling. Irish crofter's cottage.

SAFFY: (looking at magazine) Mum, it's a kitchen. It needs a cooker, not a peat fired oven!

EDDY: (Pulls a face) Well I can't be bothered to think about it anymore.

SAFFY: Well when? We can't go on living in this one room like this.

EDDY: Oh so this room isn't big enough for you sweetie? Well I'll just try and do something about that...

<runs to one end of room and starts pushing against wall>

EDDY: Hurrrrrr...No, sweetie, no.

<runs to other end of room and starts pushing against the wall>

EDDY: Hurrrrrrr...Nope. Sorry sweetie it won't budge. This is as big as it gets(!)

GRAN: I like living like this. It's a bit like the War.

EDDY: A bit like the War?

SAFFY: Leave it MUm.

EDDY: A bit like the war?! What like the war but without the drab fashions, the rationing, the powdered egg, the blitz, in fact without the war. Yeah, it's a bit like the War, without the war(!)

:lmao:

So I think I must have just about quoted the whole of the Ab Fab series in this thread by now!

OMG I love this show! And I love to see the outfits they are wearing along with the hysterical predicaments they get themselves into and out of! Hilarious show! Glad there's a thread dedicated to it!

:bumpsthread:

I finished a report this week, and as a present to myself I got the Absolutely Fabulous box (which for some reason seems to omit the White Room episode). I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the day. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom