The 2008 Oscar Season Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Yes I would have. I don't know if it's not liking the scene itself or being fatigued from so many fawning over it. The credits themselves? Pretty ballin'. The dancing? Only good for seeing more of Freida Pinto.

That's what I mean. I could take it or leave it personally, but it wasn't anything that would actually detract from it?

The fawning thing I could understand. It seems like some people need to get out a little more. "Lol, I can't believe they're all dancing now!1 That's so unique and clever1"1

Yeah, I could do with less of that too.

Now you see why I'm such a curmudgeon about it. I don't like being told to stay for the credits when it's just to see a bunch of people do a dance number that in no way coincides with anything in the film other than it being set in India.

Now if it was something like at the end of the credits for the first Pirates of the Caribbean where the monkey takes the coin and makes everyone undead again? Oh man!

Now you see why I'm such a curmudgeon about it. I don't like being told to stay for the credits when it's just to see a bunch of people do a dance number that in no way coincides with anything in the film other than it being set in India.

Now if it was something like at the end of the credits for the first Pirates of the Caribbean where the monkey takes the coin and makes everyone undead again? Oh man!

I just saw it last night, and remembered all the "stay for the creditzzz!!" talk. I watch the credits no matter what, so it's not like I stayed specifically due to the talk or anything. Anyway, it certainly did not detract from the movie, but it did not enhance things either, at least not for me. Cute, I guess, but not amazing or anything.

Fuck you anyway, Lance and Impy.

Just cracked 50 movies watched this year. Hopefully I'll get to around 65-70 come Oscar season.

It always cracks me up when movies are nominated before they're actually released. I mean, I understand that people in the Academy get screenings & dvds before the release date, but when you see commercials for a movie that's coming out in two weeks and it already says "Nominated for 8 Oscars," it just seems...wrong.... :shrug:

Is Milk only out in limited release right now? I was surprised to see it only showing at one Seattle theater, and it's one I have no desire to haul my ass to.

Cori got some pimpin' rims.

haulin.jpg

so i just saw "Milk." it's about as good as an inspirational biopic could be. which means it's not great, but it's solid through-and-through. good job all around. :up:

that Sean Penn, however, is a great fucking actor.

i would have no problems with him getting a second Oscar.

If you want. It still got in before the awards deadline though, if that's what we're still talking about.

If you want. It still got in before the awards deadline though, if that's what we're still talking about.

I guess. I usually go by a wider release outside of NY/LA, even if it's still limited, but that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom