Survivor: Worlds Apart - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Yeah, as deep mentioned, Shirin voting for Jenn was a smart move. Many players have survived in the past by voting for their closest ally when it's a split vote.

Mike voted for Jenn as well, so I can only guess that Dan basically told him he wasn't going along with his plan and he and Shirin just figured they'd go along for this vote since Jenn had wanted out previously anyway. Had they stuck with voting Carolyn it would have resulted in a 3-3-3 tie and a revote and they could have taken either Jenn or Shirin out. Jenn may have sacrificed herself (amongst the 3 of them) and they just didn't show us to not spoil the vote.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:00 PM   #92
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:23 AM
I agree with Big MacPh, .... there really is not a likable character left in this bunch!
Joe was the underdog and most likeable, and when he left we were left with this bunch of nuts.
Shirin is so unlikeable they would be foolish to vote her out as I doubt anyone on the jury would give her the win. You can say a lot about Mike...but he is strategizing and playing hard...but annoying as hell. and Dan...don't get me started...ugh! Will had every right to be angry...but went WAY to personal on his attack on Shirin, and I am sure he will pay for that at some point. I really have no feeling toward Carolyn..why do you all think she is so unlikeable? She could certainly slide into final 3. Rodney is such a douche...it will be somewhat interesting to see how these personalities get weeded out in the next few weeks

Old 04-23-2015, 09:06 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

At this point, Tyler is probably the most likable. Not pissing people off is a great strategy. Just ask Fabio. Won the game by not pissing anyone off. Mike is a douche. I'll give Rodney credit, you know he's a dick, but he doesn't care. Mike is a dick and then pretends to be a good Christian and care. Barf city. He did well in that IC, I'll give him that. I'll also gives props to Shirin for blocking Will's request to back out of the challenge so he couldn't receive something from his loved one. Good for her. And yes, Jenn's message at the credits was hilarious.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Jenn confirmed in an interview that they couldn't get Dan and she didn't want to risk Shirin going home, so she had Mike/Shirin vote for her. Jenn also released the chickens before she left, partly to ensure that all the votes would go her way.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:06 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:23 AM
once again the 'edit' they choose to give us is far from reality

one reason why big brothers 24/7 cameras make it a more believable show.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:06 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Jenn also released the chickens before she left, partly to ensure that all the votes would go her way.
See now that is something we need to se. I'm sure Rodney flipped out.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:59 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Jenn confirmed in an interview that they couldn't get Dan and she didn't want to risk Shirin going home, so she had Mike/Shirin vote for her. Jenn also released the chickens before she left, partly to ensure that all the votes would go her way.
Damn, they should have shown that. I didn't think Shirin voted for Jenn in a vindictive way. I just thought it was funny. Shirin's knowledge of the game has been spot-on plenty of times. Especially at Jeff's auction and also at the TC with how Rodney's alliance was going to try to split the vote. She was wrong to accuse Will of hiding the food when Will was choosing to be transparent and share the food that he could have kept to himself. Obviously, as was discussed earlier, Will overreacted and his behavior could have cost him a million dollars. (Not like he has a chance.) Shirin and Jenn won't be voting for him. I wish they showed Jenn releasing the chickens and the other contestants' reactions to the chickens being gone. Despite a number of the players being unlikeable, I really like this season.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:10 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
once again the 'edit' they choose to give us is far from reality

one reason why big brothers 24/7 cameras make it a more believable show.
"Reality" is a loosely termed description. There's always going to be an "edit". They can't show Survivor 24/7. It's filmed months in advance. It has to be crafted and shaped to fit into a 44 minute broadcast. The closest you'll get is Ponderosa.

I watched the very first season of Big Brother and I thought it was absolute shit. Obviously, people watch the show because it's still around. But that's not saying much because shit like Housewives of whatever is still around and also the Kardashian shit. By comparison, Survivor looks like Masterpiece Theatre.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

1) The first season of Big Brother has nothing to do with what came later. It was a different format and from a different production company. The later seasons are basically Survivor-in-a-house and it has filled the need for Survivor fans in the summer for quite some time. You might like it as it's the only other mental game on television that's similar.

2) I think Big Brother is actually much more manipulative in its edit. Yes, having 24/7 access means we know everything that actually went on, but its producers/editors tend to try to give people in the house a bigger role than they deserve (someone who sits on the couch all day cand go into the Diary Room and pretend to be a character/player) and they also cut out offensive moments/fights or minimize certain things. Plus, clearly a lot more riggage in some seasons, but I won't point out examples.

Survivor plans out the entire season in advance from when people will get voted out to what the challenges will be (although they've supposedly shifted to a Final 2 in a few seasons due to injuries). Survivor also has real confessionals whereas Big Brother's producers throw in jokes for them to repeat, etc.

So, if you want the broader picture from these sort of shows? Big Brother live feed. If you want an accurate edit that might hide things in order to surprise you? Go with Survivor. They merely hid the Jenn stuff in order to keep it suspenseful as tribal would have been boring otherwise.

For the record, Jenn said in her interview that nobody was pissed about the chickens and they were just like "Oh, Jenn"...so it might not come up in the next episode. I think people are more concerned about winning the game at this point than an extra bit of sustenance, but we'll see.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Except when they got all emotional about receiving their Loved One letters. Mike was still "playing the game" and put a damper on it. Shit, I thought Mike should have screwed them over at the auction, but he wussed out. Being a good Christian will do that to you. The dye was already cast, though. Can't put the horse back in that barn.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:51 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Love him or hate him, Mike is playing a helluva game. Tyler is no longer under the radar. An exciting episode! Dan continues to be a putz. Loved the reward. I'm a sucker for a good cheeseburger.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:14 PM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, I'm officially rooting for Mike now, though I doubt he has much chance of winning.
Props for how he handled tribal, plus now they others know he has an idol so that'll F things up wiithin the "strong 6".

Dan sucks so hard. Definitely the least likeable player ever in my book, worse than Rupert.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:55 AM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Yes, especially during the IC when he was doing commentary towards the end and rooting hard for Rodney. I'm sure (like me) you knew that Mike would prevail regardless. Plus, his beard makes him look like an evil Genie.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:44 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

You could see Mike's bag hadn't budged and Rodney had unspooled 2/3 of his line, it was just a matter of time before Rodney lost. Would have been great to see Shirin win the female IC, but had no expectation of that.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:45 PM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Dan and Sierra missed their chance. Now they know they are on the bottom and there's nothing they can do about it. Even if they belatedly jumped to Mike now they'd no longer have the numerical advantage. Still Dan should have a fairly good shot at making his deeply annoying pitch to the jury. Someone like Carolyn needs to recognize that Tyler needs to not be sitting next to her at the end. She needs to have Dan and maybe Will sitting by her side. The winner of this season is whoever recognizes that they need Will and Dan to stay in the game. . .everyone else has to go.

Tags
no rupert