Survivor: Worlds Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, as deep mentioned, Shirin voting for Jenn was a smart move. Many players have survived in the past by voting for their closest ally when it's a split vote.

Mike voted for Jenn as well, so I can only guess that Dan basically told him he wasn't going along with his plan and he and Shirin just figured they'd go along for this vote since Jenn had wanted out previously anyway. Had they stuck with voting Carolyn it would have resulted in a 3-3-3 tie and a revote and they could have taken either Jenn or Shirin out. Jenn may have sacrificed herself (amongst the 3 of them) and they just didn't show us to not spoil the vote.

I agree with Big MacPh, .... there really is not a likable character left in this bunch!
Joe was the underdog and most likeable, and when he left we were left with this bunch of nuts.
Shirin is so unlikeable they would be foolish to vote her out as I doubt anyone on the jury would give her the win. You can say a lot about Mike...but he is strategizing and playing hard...but annoying as hell. and Dan...don't get me started...ugh! Will had every right to be angry...but went WAY to personal on his attack on Shirin, and I am sure he will pay for that at some point. I really have no feeling toward Carolyn..why do you all think she is so unlikeable? She could certainly slide into final 3. Rodney is such a douche...it will be somewhat interesting to see how these personalities get weeded out in the next few weeks

At this point, Tyler is probably the most likable. Not pissing people off is a great strategy. Just ask Fabio. Won the game by not pissing anyone off. Mike is a douche. I'll give Rodney credit, you know he's a dick, but he doesn't care. Mike is a dick and then pretends to be a good Christian and care. Barf city. He did well in that IC, I'll give him that. I'll also gives props to Shirin for blocking Will's request to back out of the challenge so he couldn't receive something from his loved one. Good for her. And yes, Jenn's message at the credits was hilarious.

Jenn confirmed in an interview that they couldn't get Dan and she didn't want to risk Shirin going home, so she had Mike/Shirin vote for her. Jenn also released the chickens before she left, partly to ensure that all the votes would go her way.

once again the 'edit' they choose to give us is far from reality

one reason why big brothers 24/7 cameras make it a more believable show.

Jenn confirmed in an interview that they couldn't get Dan and she didn't want to risk Shirin going home, so she had Mike/Shirin vote for her. Jenn also released the chickens before she left, partly to ensure that all the votes would go her way.

Damn, they should have shown that. I didn't think Shirin voted for Jenn in a vindictive way. I just thought it was funny. Shirin's knowledge of the game has been spot-on plenty of times. Especially at Jeff's auction and also at the TC with how Rodney's alliance was going to try to split the vote. She was wrong to accuse Will of hiding the food when Will was choosing to be transparent and share the food that he could have kept to himself. Obviously, as was discussed earlier, Will overreacted and his behavior could have cost him a million dollars. (Not like he has a chance.) Shirin and Jenn won't be voting for him. :wink: I wish they showed Jenn releasing the chickens and the other contestants' reactions to the chickens being gone. Despite a number of the players being unlikeable, I really like this season.

once again the 'edit' they choose to give us is far from reality

one reason why big brothers 24/7 cameras make it a more believable show.

"Reality" is a loosely termed description. There's always going to be an "edit". They can't show Survivor 24/7. It's filmed months in advance. It has to be crafted and shaped to fit into a 44 minute broadcast. The closest you'll get is Ponderosa.

I watched the very first season of Big Brother and I thought it was absolute shit. Obviously, people watch the show because it's still around. But that's not saying much because shit like Housewives of whatever is still around and also the Kardashian shit. By comparison, Survivor looks like Masterpiece Theatre.

1) The first season of Big Brother has nothing to do with what came later. It was a different format and from a different production company. The later seasons are basically Survivor-in-a-house and it has filled the need for Survivor fans in the summer for quite some time. You might like it as it's the only other mental game on television that's similar.

2) I think Big Brother is actually much more manipulative in its edit. Yes, having 24/7 access means we know everything that actually went on, but its producers/editors tend to try to give people in the house a bigger role than they deserve (someone who sits on the couch all day cand go into the Diary Room and pretend to be a character/player) and they also cut out offensive moments/fights or minimize certain things. Plus, clearly a lot more riggage in some seasons, but I won't point out examples.

Survivor plans out the entire season in advance from when people will get voted out to what the challenges will be (although they've supposedly shifted to a Final 2 in a few seasons due to injuries). Survivor also has real confessionals whereas Big Brother's producers throw in jokes for them to repeat, etc.

So, if you want the broader picture from these sort of shows? Big Brother live feed. If you want an accurate edit that might hide things in order to surprise you? Go with Survivor. They merely hid the Jenn stuff in order to keep it suspenseful as tribal would have been boring otherwise.

For the record, Jenn said in her interview that nobody was pissed about the chickens and they were just like "Oh, Jenn"...so it might not come up in the next episode. I think people are more concerned about winning the game at this point than an extra bit of sustenance, but we'll see.

Except when they got all emotional about receiving their Loved One letters. Mike was still "playing the game" and put a damper on it. :wink: Shit, I thought Mike should have screwed them over at the auction, but he wussed out. Being a good Christian will do that to you. The dye was already cast, though. Can't put the horse back in that barn.

Love him or hate him, Mike is playing a helluva game. Tyler is no longer under the radar. An exciting episode! Dan continues to be a putz. Loved the reward. I'm a sucker for a good cheeseburger. :drool:

Yeah, I'm officially rooting for Mike now, though I doubt he has much chance of winning.
Props for how he handled tribal, plus now they others know he has an idol so that'll F things up wiithin the "strong 6".

Dan sucks so hard. Definitely the least likeable player ever in my book, worse than Rupert.

Yes, especially during the IC when he was doing commentary towards the end and rooting hard for Rodney. I'm sure (like me) you knew that Mike would prevail regardless. Plus, his beard makes him look like an evil Genie.

You could see Mike's bag hadn't budged and Rodney had unspooled 2/3 of his line, it was just a matter of time before Rodney lost. Would have been great to see Shirin win the female IC, but had no expectation of that.

Dan and Sierra missed their chance. Now they know they are on the bottom and there's nothing they can do about it. Even if they belatedly jumped to Mike now they'd no longer have the numerical advantage. Still Dan should have a fairly good shot at making his deeply annoying pitch to the jury. Someone like Carolyn needs to recognize that Tyler needs to not be sitting next to her at the end. She needs to have Dan and maybe Will sitting by her side. The winner of this season is whoever recognizes that they need Will and Dan to stay in the game. . .everyone else has to go.

Dan and Sierra missed their chance. Now they know they are on the bottom and there's nothing they can do about it. Even if they belatedly jumped to Mike now they'd no longer have the numerical advantage.

Though with Dan's extra vote and Mike's immunity idol they would have a shot at turning things around. Dan isn't smart enough though.

Oh and does anyone else find Tyler going through Dan's bag to find the advantage to be deplorable? Going through another player's personal possessions should cause one to get removed from the game.

really? I seem to recall others doing that

usually the person hides the thing they don't want found, also did someone steal an idol from someone once, and what if they did, what determines who "has" the found idol?

Yeah, as long as they aren't stealing idols or whatever out of the bags, it's fine for them to search through someone else's belongings. Makes for more drama while the smarter players lately have buried their advantages somewhere else so people couldn't find them in their bags.

Dan's going to look like an even bigger idiot next week if Mike doesn't win immunity. His own "Strong 6" is going to have to split votes knowing that Mike will play his idol on himself.

yes, no safe six next week, and based on the previews, I'd say Tyler wins the idol. Rodney was in a rant about something. If Tyler does win the idol I can't imagine him not outting Dan's extra vote.

So seven players, with 2? people safe. The 5 at risk will be scrambling.

If 5 split the votes on Mike and Dan 3-2. Dan could get Mike with him and those 3 votes could save Dan and let those 2 send Tyler or Rodney out.

BigMac, you're good with Survivor history. I definitely recall people through other's people's stuff, I just can't remember who. I didn't find it deplorable. Fuck Dan.

Can't believe I am actually gonna say this..but, yes, I am rooting for Mike now too... You can't say he isn't palying the game hard! and compared to who is left!, although, again, Carolyn would not bother me to be in final 3.
Tyler going through Dan's bag did not bother me either..but that is partly because I can't stand Dan, and also agree if you are dumb enough to not hide something you don't want others to see, you get what you get! I do remember other seasons where peoples bags have been looked through. And didn't someone actually take something out of someones bag once?? that definitely should not be allowed IMO.

That's funny. I'm not rooting for Mike either, but he's definitely proven to be a solid player. Carolyn is a no nonsense kind of lady. Tyler is also playing the game well, of course. I seem to recall Russell Hantz being someone who stole other people's stuff and/or went through their stuff. I think he burned a dude's socks to make him uncomfortable.

Fan voting for the next All Star edition is supposed to start this Wednesday (with television advertisements pointing it out). Cast will be revealed at the live finale and fly out to the filming location soon after.

Original plan seems to be the fans narrowing down a list of 40 to 20, but the list could actually be as small as 30. All players in the pool are one-timers that didn't win.

Announcement for Survivor - Second Chances will occur at the end of tonight's episode. There's 32 people in the running and I'm assuming fans will narrow it down to an even 20.

Women:

Kelly (S1 - Runner-Up)
Kimmi (S2)
Teresa (S3)
Peih-Gee (S15)
Monica (S19)
Stephanie (S22)
Natalie (S22 - Third Place Finalist)
Mikayla (S23)
Sabrina (S24 - Runner-up)
Abi-Maria (S25)
Ciera (S27)
Tasha (S28)
Kass (S28)
Kelley (S29)
Female #1 - Likely Shirin? (S30)
Female #2 - Likely Hali? (S30)

Men:

Jeff (S2)
Andrew Savage (S7)
Shane (S12)
Terry (S12)
Stephen (S18 - Runner-Up)
Jim (S23)
Troyzan (S24)
Brad (S27)
Vytas (S27)
Spencer (S28)
Woo (S28 - Runner-Up)
Jeremy (S29)
Keith (S29)
Male #1 - Likely Joe? (S30)
Male #2 - Likely Mike or Rodney? (S30)
Male #3 - Likely Max? (S30)

Narrowing down the 16 females to 10 is relatively easy for me. Monica/Natalie/Mikayla/Kelley are all extremely unworthy candidates, so we're now at 12 names. I didn't find Sabrina entertaining in the slightest, so now we're down to 11 names. If Jen from this current season isn't on the list, then I definitely won't want whoever is on in her place to make the show (Shirin was the only other interesting woman to make the merge on S30), so we're now at 10.

I'm annoyed J'Tia ultimately got cut from the final pool. She was television gold.

I'm not that entertained by Jim, Troyzan, Spencer, Woo and Keith, so I'd cut all of them and at least one of the male names from this current season. So like the female cast, the group of who I actually want on is pretty to easy to get to for me. It would have been a lot more fun to let fans trim the names from 40 to 20. Having only 32 names means casting is practically picking the cast themselves.

It'll be interesting to see how the voting works. Maybe you're allotted a few hundred votes per IP address or account and can vote for whomever you like? Or maybe you have to file a separate ballot voting for a few people each time? Regardless, there's definitely candidates like Jim from Survivor: South Pacific that I can't possibly fathom ever making it in the final cut no matter how the voting process is set up.

Survivor - Second Chance Vote - CBS.com

Ballot is choosing 10 names for each gender and you can vote once a day. So fans really are picking the entire cast.

My Ten Picks

Women: Kelly (S1), Kimmi (S2), Teresa (S3), Peih-Gee (S15), Stephanie (S22), Abi-Maria (S25), Ciera (S27), Tasha (S28), Kass (S28), Shirin (S29)

Men: Jeff (S2), Andrew (S7), Shane (S12), Terry (S12), Stephen (S18), Jim (S23), Brad (S27), Vytas (S27), Jeremy (S29), Mike (S30)

I'd vote, but I don't feel like creating an account and all that bullshit. Way back when, in another lifetime, I actually knew "Kimmi" although she was going by Kimberly then.

Rodney was in full blast bitch mode. Seems like he forgot he was playing Survivor. Voting out Tyler was the right move. Hopefully he returns for Second Chances. Carolyn kicked ass this week. RC and IC winner. Not too shabby. I think her and Mike are the only legitimate contenders for sole Survivor with Sierra being a sleeper.

Mike has made the last 2 episodes much more enjoyable to watch than I thought they could be once Hali, Joe and Jenn were all voted off. Props to him.

Rodney really came off like a whiney bitch.

As soon as Tyler asked Carolyn about the idol and she said "Gonna use it when it makes the most sense for us" or however she phrased it, I knew he'd never see that idol.

Sadly I think someone may take Dan to the end. Dan will believe he got there cause he's a great player when in fact he'll have gotten there cause he's a despicable person and terrible player who will receive zero votes.

Dan is just plain hard to watch! He thinks he has the power with his "secret advantage", but how does he plan to use it?
Mike and Carolyn deserve to be in final 3...I would take Will...he has done nothing to deserve a vote.

Based on the two women both voting Tyler last night, I think they have formed an alliance that we haven't really been let on about yet to go to the final. If they succeed, they will take either Dan or Will as the 3rd (assuming its a final 3) which in essence makes it a final 2. I see Carolyn winning handily if that scenario plays out.

if Dan can make it to final four, his advantage gives him 2 votes in a possible 3-2 vote. All he needs to do is get one weak player to go along to vote out a likely winner.

Back
Top Bottom