Survivor: Worlds Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed. It's been a while since I've seen someone use their Immunity Idol at the absolute right time.

Exactly. Lately its either been someone going home with it in their pocket or playing it cause they're paranoid and wasting it.

Again knowing the way they edit as soon as Rodney and Mike had their little pow wow with Mike saying "If Joe doesn't win immunity he's gone" I said "So we know that Joe wins immunity". And sure enough he did.
All in all pretty enjoyable. Joe, Jenn and Hali are all pretty likeable so its good to see them outplay the others this week. A little surprised at Will though, turned on his no collar brethren pretty easily. He should have been smart enough after seeing what happened to Joaquin to know aligning with Rodney is not smart. We'll see how next week goes when it looks like Rodney and Will are targeting Mike.

Right, that's the one thing that's slightly annoying about the show. There's always a point where someone says something and you know immediately that the opposite will happen. I think I dislike the BC's the most. My DVR stopped before they revealed all of the votes, but I think Will was the only one that voted for Halli. I'm sure he's gonna be a little ticked about being the one that didn't vote for Jen. I was torn during the IC. I wanted Joe to win, but I also like Carolyn. We almost saw a little too much of her, though. :lol:

The Jenn everything is amazing. If she doesn't win, we will surely be seeing her play again real soon.

I don't know what Will was thinking. Even weirder was Mike having him vote for Kali. If he votes for Jen, it guarantees that the Blue Collar alliance has 6 votes and can at least force a tie if they can't get any of the White Collar members on board. That was a needless risk to take, especially if you're trying to earn Will's trust.

I don't think Rodney and Mike will target each other next time...the preview just had Rodney say he's going to run the show because Mike screwed up. I mean, one side of the merge tribe clearly has the numbers and it now makes even more sense for Carolyn/Tyler to stick with Blue Collar now that there's only 4 BCs left in the game (and they're even more fractured than ever).

If the Blue Collars do turn on each other next week, then we're in for one of the wildest merges ever with a ton of back and forth flipping every week. :up:

Will not too bright, but Mike is the stupidest

Jen not that amazing at all, some good luck or producers help

as for playing the idol, of course a good move, and good tv, her, their numbers sill look bad, good thing Mike pissed off Will

as for playing the idol when you don't need to, I don't call that a bad move at all, the only bad move is going home with an idol or two in your pocket, even if I didn't play one I hope I would have one trusted friend I would slide it to on the way out. Keep in mind there are many complete blind sides, no idol holder should ever not weigh using it

I think Will is doing whatever he can to stay in the game. There were a couple of times where he was close to getting voted out, so it seems he's content with being somebody else's lapdog for now. Will this result in him winning the game? Probably not. OBVIOUSLY, Jenn playing the Idol was not amazing. Amazing is finding the cure for cancer or something like that. But, it was smart. It is a fuckin waste if you play the Idol and no one voted for you. A fuckin' waste. And no worries, getting voted out with an Idol sucks too. Plus, there have been many times when an Idol holder has debated using the Idol when it seemed like they could be in danger of getting voted, but elected not to use it and remained in the game.

Here's most of the pool for the second chances season. It will be the 32nd season produced, but the 31st to air (premiering this fall). Fans will vote online and trim down the group of 40 to 20 names.

Kelly W. (S1)
Kimmi (S2)
Teresa (S3)
Peih-Gee (S15)
Stephanie V. (S22)
Mikayla (S23)
Chelsea (S24)
Sabrina (S24)
Abi-Maria (S25)
Angie (S25)
Ciera (S27)
Tasha (S28)
J'Tia (S28)
Kass (S28)
Kelley (S29)
Female #1 (S30)
Female #2 (S30)
+ Three more currently unknown females

Jeff V. (S2)
Savage (S7)
Shane (S12)
Terry (S12)
Stephen (S18)
Jim (S23)
Troyzan (S24)
Hayden (S27)
Brad (S27)
Vytas (S27)
Spencer (S28)
Cliff (S28)
Woo (S28)
Jeremy (S29)
Keith (S29)
Male #1 (S30)
Male #2 (S30)
Male #3 (S30)
+ Two more currently unknown males

Out of that bunch, I'd personally go with:

Kelly W. (S1)
Kimmi (S2)
Peih-Gee (S15)
Stephanie V. (S22)
Abi-Maria (S25)
Ciera (S27)
J'Tia (S28)
Kass (S28)
Female #1 (S30)
Female #2 (S30)

Jeff V. (S2)
Savage (S7)
Shane (S12)
Stephen (S18)
Brad (S27)
Hayden (S27)
Vytas (S27)
Jeremy (S29)
Male #1 (S30)
Male #2 (S30)

We still need to see who the other five are going to end up being though, obviously.

Joe continues to kick ass. He's pretty much gonna have to win every challenge. I think Dan has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is a piece of shit. He's making Rodney seem nice. The wrong person went home tonight.

Dan is not only a piece of shit but a stupid one at that....the puzzle challenge was hilarious...yes Dan the puzzle should say "Owutit Ouplyta Outlast"

Yeah, that was hilarious! I felt really bad for Shirin when her and Dan were talking in the water and he's just saying all of this nonsense to her. I guess Sierra is sticking with her BC alliance regardless of her feelings about Dan. I was pissed when Mike found the Idol. He's really starting to annoy me, but next to Dan, he almost seems like a decent guy.

Dan and Rodney are hilarious to watch because they're both so clueless about how they come across. :lol:

Shirin is actually a pretty likeable person. She's got a plethora of weird tendencies, but there's someone relatable under all that awkwardness.

Tyler/Carolyn are clearly all in on Rodney's plan of a final four with them and Will. I can't blame them. Working with blue collar makes too much sense given their cracks, even more now that Kelley is gone. Rodney will likely honor that agreement and then Tyler defeats Carolyn in the finals. A little annoying because the edit and Tyler's own actions make him come across as someone who feels like they're a mastermind, yet he's been out of the loop plenty of times at tribal and has done shit in terms of strategy. He'll be one of the worst winners ever if he's merely handed a million dollars thanks to Rodney.

I think odds are better Mike plays the idol prematurely. He said last night he needed it cause once they get Joe out he knows he will be targeted next.

yes, we should keep in mind he is a smart guy, he was 15000 % certain about something last night

and often the 7 against 3 thing blows up

because some are looking passed the 3 and evaluating the 7-2
and not liking where they are in the 7

on the unlikability scale

I have Dan first, then Rodney next Mike

and I don't feel completely good about this because they obviously have some disabilities

Shirin is likable at least, quirks and all. Mike is all over the place. I hope he uses the Idol prematurely. Sierra could be the wild card here. She convinced the girls that she's with them, but secretly she's still with her BC alliance. Tyler and Carolyn are doing a good job so far of keeping things on the downlow. Obviously, the other contestants know they're tight, but they're not being overt about it. Joe and Jenn are gonna have to keep winning challenges to stay alive in the game. Will and Dan are coattail riders, but at least Will is likable and his coattail riding at least seems strategic. And Dan? Well, he's got to be the hairiest, ugliest diva the show has ever seen. He loves to hear himself talk and loves to draw attention to himself. Plus, he's pretty much Rodney's bitch. He'd be perfect to bring to a Final 3, just because he would never get a vote to win. At least Rodney is somewhat playing the game. Dan is just a superfan who thinks he knows the game.

It would be in Mike's best interest to flip right now and play the idol. Joe/Jenn/Shirin would all vote with him and then you could probably get Sierra to do it in order to get some revenge on Rodney/Dan.

Mike plays the idol on himself in this scenario as he might be the target and Sierra could potentially tell the others what's going on.

Well that kind of sucked.

First likeable thing I've seen out of Rodney to date however.

Dan continues to be one of the least likeable players ever in the history of Survivor...maybe all time worst.

Well that kind of sucked.

First likeable thing I've seen out of Rodney to date however.

Dan continues to be one of the least likeable players ever in the history of Survivor...maybe all time worst.

Yeah, Rodney's impressions were funny as Hell. I'll give him that. Joe's fake Idol was actually pretty authentic looking. Mike, obviously, was gonna vote him out regardless. Jenn should have just quit and gotten it over with. She screwed Joe as a result.

Oh yes, Dan is scum, no doubt, but delving into Survivor history, Brandon Hantz and the one and only, Naonka were more hated than Dan.(in my opinion, naturally :wink:) But, I definitely think if there was a Mt. Rushmore of hated players, Dan would be up there.

Finally, this week's reward had to be one of the lamest. Candy? Really? Funny that they didn't show the winners enjoying their reward. At least they showed Rodney's impressions instead. That was probably more interesting.

Sad to see Joe go!
and OMG that candy challenge? even my husband, who never watches this show, was commenting last night! How lame and gratuitous was that? Mike says he has been dreaming about snickers bars since he arrived on the island?? yeah right! did he get a bonus for saying that???
Rodney's imitations were hilarious

Oh and they DID show the winners enjoying their reward...and Mike chowinfg down on snickers bars:|

Seems like tonight will be the big move of the season...I think Shirin's connection to Jenn will bring her into the loop and it will be a 5-4 vote against Rodney's "secret" alliance.

Mike/Sierra/Dan/Shirin/Jenn vs. Rodney/Will/Tyler/Carolyn for anybody wanting to keep track.

If Mike does pull the move against Rodney tonight (it's now or never), quitter Jenn could very well make it to the end because everyone figures she's beatable given her attitude.

Damn, the shit done hit the fan tonight.

Yeah, Shirin and Jenn are so connected that Shirin voted out Jenn. Too funny.

I could understand Will being pissed at Shirin for thinking he still hid some food, but his reaction was way overboard.

At this point, the only person still under the radar is Tyler. Everyone else is hated by at least one or more person.

With jenn now gone, I can't find anyone to root for. Liked Will but questioned his strategy, but last night he went way too far with his attack on Shirin.
Not a likeable apple in the basket now.
Really horrible group of people.

yes.
Am i left with wanting Michael? to win.

with the cards that have been dealt, I guess I have to say Shirin is playing the best game. Voting Jenn to keep herself safe was the best strategy. And giving Will his letter would have done nothing for her but make her look weak. At least she had the gonads (even though she is no longer exposing them) to vote no.

Dan should feel like a world class jack ass when he watches this at home.

Yeah, as deep mentioned, Shirin voting for Jenn was a smart move. Many players have survived in the past by voting for their closest ally when it's a split vote.

Dan/Sierra are absolute morons, but Mike should have revealed the information he had to them a lot sooner. He looked like a lunatic throwing it all out there while everyone was trying to read the letters and he made himself look absolutely untrustworthy with the prior auction incident. If I were on this show, I would immediately rat-back any key conversations I heard to the other people I wanted to work with.

Jen was truly a pleasure to watch, even if she became a bit too grumpy at the end. I loved how her exit confessional was talking about how much she hated everybody there. :lol:

I am also rooting for Mike. He's a hardcore player with a heart of gold and strong ethics, even if he can be a bit of a loudmouth at times. I'm dreading Tyler being the winner of this game as the edit still gives us unsubtle clues about him being a "mastermind"...he hasn't really done anything exceptional other than not rubbing people the wrong way (unlike literally everybody else on this tribe). I just hate it when a game-bot coasts to victory in an obvious fashion a la Cochran.

Mike still has a couple power plays left. Hidden idol and Dan has two votes he can throw out there. Dan/Dan/Mike/Shirin vs. Carolyn/Sierra/Tyler/Rodney, perhaps. Unfortunately, we can't rule Rodney out as winner at this point either. If he makes it to the end with other unlikable people such as Carolyn or Sierra or Dan or Will, he'd have a much better case game-wise than all of them since he masterminded the secret alliance of the season. I think he'd win unanimously or nearly unanimously because of that.

Back
Top Bottom