Survivor Tocantins: The Brazilian Highlands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't look so much as an angry look as it did bemused. After all this time, I would think they talked over how they wanted to approach it. By doing it this way, JT keeps his word to Coach. Since Stephen never really gave him his word, he was free to do as he pleased.

I'm not sure. I think he looked pissed. Almost like thinking, wow, I wasn't included in this decision. It could give him doubt about the other three blindsiding him next chance they get.

Jeff's blog:

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 13) | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

No sense in burying the lead. It finally happened. You all got your wish....

...Coach is gone.

You’ve been complaining about him for weeks on end. The universal energy you all put out there to get rid of him worked.

Now be honest... are you truly happy? Is life better now?

Or do you think you might miss him just a wee little bit? Be honest.

Listen up 'cause I’m gonna give you a dose of truth that will either having you nodding in agreement or vowing to never watch the show again: Coach was without question the most dynamic character this season. Nobody was even a close second.

Thinking Coach is a great character doesn’t mean I think he’s a great guy. It also doesn’t mean I think he’s a punk. My personal feelings about Coach are irrelevant; I’m only talking from a show point of view. He was, in the words of Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn, “money.” Absolute money.

Love him or hate him, Coach provided more memorable moments than anybody on the show in years. He is an absolute must if we ever do another all-stars and if you saw him on the street you wouldn’t be able to help yourself. You’d approach him so fast you’d lose your shoes.

Let’s review his farewell episode, shall we?

Just when you thought Coach couldn’t provide any more fantastic moments...Coach gets sent to Exile Island.

The exchange between Coach and Erinn was one of the best of the season. Upon watching the episode and seeing what Coach said in interview and to J.T. (which I am not privy to during the show) I actually do not think Coach was trying to upstage Erinn. I think Coach was worried about making fire and living on his own. I think he was worried that he might look bad and so decided to avoid doing anything at all and instead turn it into a positive “choice.”

Coach’s speech on Exile Island will go down as one of the most fantastic in the history of our show. Coach Wade talking about himself in the third person was so good I am speechless. I cannot express how much I enjoyed it. Absolutely brilliant.

ADVICE: Young actors in Hollywood, take the Coach Wade monologue and use it as your audition piece for any and every thing. Wanna get an agent? Lay that on them. Wanna book that commercial? Give them a yuppie version of Coach Wade. Wanna meet Spielberg? Get to work on Coach Wade and it just may happen. You can’t go wrong with Coach Wade.

You guys think I’m putting you on. I really do think you could do a show with Coach Wade. Word for word, moment for moment, Coach Wade is one of the most entertaining guys on television today.

I’m surprised CBS hasn’t already signed him to his own show. “Weekends With Coach Wade.” Or of course the more dramatic, “By day he’s a former soccer coach and part time conductor. On the weekends he is ‘The Dragon Slayer.” No need for writers or actors. It’s all about Coach and his life and it’s all there.

Yes, I am serious. I miss Coach.

The immunity challenge couldn’t have been much better. Talk about a classic Survivor challenge. Unreal. Love it. It was so good I am laughing as I am writing this – sheer joy. It started with Coach’s long walk in from Exile and the insincere hug from Stephen. Ah, this game can be so brutal.

The challenge itself was really good. I love challenges that are simple in concept but demanding in execution. That challenge was definitely demanding. Very hard on your feet. I tried it myself. It hurts. A lot. It was a very hot day as well.

But Coach’s dramatic fall from grace was one of the most memorable performances ever. If there are any award shows honoring reality stars, Coach has to be nominated and he is a shoo-in to win. Name anybody on any reality show this year that has been more compelling than Coach? Nobody, I tell you, nobody! Long Live Coach Wade!

And like any Emmy-worthy episode of Survivor, it ended with what else...a poem from Coach Wade. In case you missed it:

With friend and foe we march to the battle plain
Some to seek success others to seek fame
We play with honor for the love of this game
And with armor or without we will toil in vain
So that someday someone somewhere will remember our name.

Coach, I assure you, nobody will ever forget your name. You left your mark on Survivor. I hope it is not the last we see of you.

Okay, so where are we now? Our final four:

J.T. – If he gets to the final two he probably wins...unless he goes up against...

TAJ – This would be quite a show down. Two of the most well liked people in the game.

STEPHEN – Best bet is to go up against Erinn, who he could probably beat.

ERINN – A long shot due to her betrayal – hard for her to get votes from the former Timbira members on the jury. Might be smart to take her all the way to the end.

You know how this works...Sunday May 17, 8-10 p.m. our final 2 hour episode. 10-11pm the live reunion show. If you’re in the central time zone it’s one hour earlier across the board.

I hope you enjoy it. As always it’s been a pleasure chatting each week. Thanks for all your feedback, positive... and negative! I wouldn’t want it any other way!

I'm not sure. I think he looked pissed. Almost like thinking, wow, I wasn't included in this decision. It could give him doubt about the other three blindsiding him next chance they get.

I agree. We'll see Sunday, but I clearly saw anger in his expression.
Haven't seen it since the episode where he lost his tooth.

3 tribals on Sunday :up:

We've got 5 jurors now, where do we see the votes going? Debbie, Coach, Sierra, Tyson, Brendan. Assuming it's Stephen & JT in the F2 I'm thinking JT gets at least 3 of those, and maybe Errrinnn's for the win. The only obvious Stephen vote I see is Taj if she's a juror. Now if they blindside JT and then boot useless Errrinnn then it's another story...but that will be tough because I like JT in the immunity challenges; the girls haven't even been competitive in these. I suppose we could get another IC shocker like Suzi last year...who saw that coming?

Erinn isn't useless. She will be the pawn in someone else's game. If she and someone else makes it to a final two, they would vote that other person the million bucks. Even if it were a Final Three, she still wouldn't get any votes.

I agree she is a dunce otherwise, though. :wink:

I say Taj and Stephen are safe for final 3.

Either Erinn or J T will go next.

Erinn wins the next immunity - J T is out

J T wins - Erinn is out.

Taj wins - J T or Erinn is out.

Stephen wins - Erinn or J T is out

OMG..how I love Jeff:heart:
I would not be surprised if Stephan blindsides JT ...cause he knows he will never win against JT...He would want it to be Erinn and himself...which would pretty much seal the deal for him

I am glad Coach is gone. And see, yeah, he was a great character and entertaining to those who both loved him and hated him. Sadly he will continue on to make money off the show, perhaps more than he would have made if he'd won the Season. But the Producers choose contestants only to make money. It's all politics, Showbiz iz.

The Ponderosa Coach clips work for non-US residents unlike last week's Debbie clips. So friggin strange. Somebody must be on glue running that part of the site.

Classic stuff from Coach at the end of the 3rd clip -

I'm no longer the bow of the ship making headway and causing waves.....now, I'm like the radar of the ship....I'm the truth seeker. :lol::lol::lol:

When he was limping back from Exile with his cane....so funny!

I was laughing at so many things from him during that episode. Coach is like an actor in a film but instead of acting he thinks he's the character. He takes method acting to new heights...and it's not acting. Bizarre.

...I'm working on a photochop, it should be up very soon:lol:

Yes that was a hilarious episode.. I was lol'ing the whole time.

Ohh I cant wait to see your chop. :D

169euds.jpg

I think Coach may have been one vote away from winning the whole thing.

He would have gone down with Richard Hatch as being the rated the both the best and worse to play the game.

I think Erinn may be gone next and then Stephen betrays JT to take Taj to the Final 2.

Jeff said on that blog that there's a betrayal. So either it's what we think is a big betrayal in Stephen and JT, or it's less of one with the guys betraying Taj and taking Erinn to the F3.

I guess these events have already taken place.

Only the final jury vote has not.

Well, my guess is that Erinn or J T goes next.

:yippie: !!!!!!!!!

JT totally deserved to win. lmao @ Stephen getting no votes.

Back
Top Bottom