Survivor: South Pacific

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know at some point its probably going to be Ozzy and Coach at RI. :hmm:

I have a hard time seeing Coach get voted out though. If his tribe ends up with the numbers, I think he'll run this thing and win the game. Too many people in his pocket.

I'm almost veering toward feeling Coach could win this. He's playing a MUCH different game this time around. I thought Ozzy might pull it off but I'm not so sure right now. It would be interesting to see Ozzy & Coach duke it out in RI though :hmm:

At this point (way early and a lot can change), I don't see Ozzy winning a jury vote should he get there, I do think Coach could if he were up against the right opponent(s).

At this point (way early and a lot can change), I don't see Ozzy winning a jury vote should he get there, I do think Coach could if he were up against the right opponent(s).

Edna & Brandon. Can say the former did nothing and the latter will have annoyed everyone by Day Two of the merge. I imagine he would eliminate the rest of his tribe in order of their overall threatening nature. Albert goes first since he's an immunity threat, Sophie second since she can make an argument for herself at final tribal, and Rick goes out in fourth place since he's got a bit of likability going or whatever.

He could score a shutout over those 2.

Yeah, I wasn't posting conjecture either. That's my actual prediction.

While some viewers might be disappointed that a former player has won again, it is Coach for crying out loud. That's hardly predictable.

Pretty obvious episode all the way through based on last week's preview...my only hope is that Ozzy loses the duel because that would be hilarious. :lol:

this episode swung me over from pro coach to pro ozzy

not that I think ozzy is that heroic or anything

I just want to see coach try and pray away the ozzy

It's already a stupid decision.

Has that tribe not been paying attention at the RI challenges? Isn't it obvious that Christine isn't going back to her tribe? She can't stand any of them, and the feeling is now mutual. Ozzy's tribe already has her on their side. They already had the numbers. There is no reason to go through this; they've quite possibly just lost this game.

I think Phanan is right on target. I mean, why on earth would they think Christine would ever make amends with her old tribe? I guess the biggest reason for Ozzy to do it was to ensure that they don't vote out somebody like Cochran and have them flip once the merge comes in. This ensures that whomever comes back, Ozzy or Christine, will align with Savaii. But yeah, colossal misjudgment of Christine on all of their parts.

Whether you're a Christian or a firm unbeliever, Coach's prayers in last night's episode were nausea inducing.

Whether you're a Christian or a firm unbeliever, Coach's prayers in last night's episode were nausea inducing.

It bears repeating:
(I miss the old battling Amazon Pygmies Coach).
The religion stuff is just too much...then Brandon saying "it pays to have the man upstairs on your team"...cause I'm sure God is taking sides in Survivor. :rolleyes:

I was a skeptic,

but now I am leading believer,
after they all prayed about the idol, 10 minutes later it turns up.

If that isn't a miracle, then what is?

how can any of you not want Ozzy to win, come back and then have Cochran not give him back the idol

that would be about the best.

It's already a stupid decision.

No doubt. Even if it works out, I'll still think it was colossally stupid and that Ozzy was lucky, not smart.

This has to be one of the dimmest teams in Survivor history. I :lol: when they were trying to convince Cochran that he needed to go and redeem himself at Redemption. Who the hell were they trying to kid?!? They just finished hating on him because he jacked up a simple task during the challenge and now they're turning around and telling him to think positive. . .it was almost offensive, really.

I do hope Ozzy loses, not least because I've come to admire how badass Christine has turned out to be. I'd like to see her keep playing.

Yeah. I'm a Christian, and the whole time I was like "Please stop. . ." When Coach was yelling "on your knees, on your knees". . .ugh. . .

how can any of you not want Ozzy to win, come back and then have Cochran not give him back the idol

that would be about the best.

I could picture Ozzy picking Cock Ring up, turning him upside down and shaking him till the idol fell out of his pocket like in the cartoons.

I could see him hiding it

that would be a lot more fun, than to see coach his saps power pray their way through the other team

Ozzy should have just brought the idol to Redemption.

Either way I hope he stays a bit longer as his idiocy is making the show entertaining. It seems too that the edit has been all about Cochrane on that tribe. This would suggest he goes far in the game and I'll bet Ozzy doesn't.

Ozzy should have just brought the idol to Redemption.

Pretty sure you can't do that which is why he gave it away. It's never been confirmed one way or the other what the rules are, but theoretically, the idol could simply pass from one Redemption Island winner to another at the merge and whomever came back at the Final Five could then use it and be guaranteed a Final Four spot. And this would totally happen if somebody went out with an idol in their pocket after the merge, so that's why I think they won't allow it.

Cochron = dumb-ass ..... he and his big mouth is last man on other tribe's totem pole....he is crazy if he thinks he is not ...:|

Pretty sure you can't do that which is why he gave it away. It's never been confirmed one way or the other what the rules are, but theoretically, the idol could simply pass from one Redemption Island winner to another at the merge and whomever came back at the Final Five could then use it and be guaranteed a Final Four spot. And this would totally happen if somebody went out with an idol in their pocket after the merge, so that's why I think they won't allow it.

Agreed. I believe if you don't use the idol or give it to someone and get voted off, you lose it, regardless of Redemption Island.

If Cochran had wanted to stay loyal, they'd have been pretty set to be honest. Four of the tribe members were immune against rocks (Ozzy/Dawn because of the immunity necklace, Keith because of the votes against and Whitney because of the idol). Therefore, it would have been a 5 against 2 shot that Cochran or Jim go home. Those are great odds to stay.

Cochran was ultimately a little near-sighted. I truly think Ozzy and the rest of the tribe would have stuck with him through the Final Six and people like Jim would have worked to get out the threats like Ozzy and Keith far before the end-game. Cochran probably would have had a better shot at getting to the end. Ultimately though, Survivor is a social game and Coach's tribe knew how to treat people better (or at least treat six of the nine good whereas the other tribe was pretty catty all-around).

Coach has to be this season's winner. They kept showing his face at the tribal council in last night's episode as if everything happening would be either his downfall or victory. We might have a surprise or two from here on out, but I think he's ultimately going to grab the money. My guess is that Albert/Sophie will weigh their options next week which will only put them more on Coach's bad side since they tried to vote out Edna recently. They'll end up going home a little earlier than expected with Dawn/Cochran taking their spots. Coach will end up in the end with Edna who people will see as fake and Brandon who will trip over his own words and be seen as immature. Coach will win unanimously.

I was impressed that Coach basically sussed out every detail of Ozzy and Cock Ring's plan and laid it right out for Cock Ring. Obviously Ozzy will never get a job in Hollywood when his Survivor career ends...dude overacts more than William Shatner.
Cock Ring thinks he was making a move to gain control, but in fact he did just the opposite...Coach's band of merry pygmies played him like a violin...he gave up the entire strategy, and got zero information in return, so Ozzy wastes his idol and Coach keeps his. Ozzy and whoever else figured Whitney was going to be the target was pretty stupid, it was obviously gonna be either Keith or Jim, and had they played the odds, they would have given the idol to Keith, forcing Coach to give his to Rick (cause Cock Ring told Sophie thats who they were voting for). At the very least they'd have flushed the other idol out and still had some shot.

Cock Ring can't be that good a student of the game as he claims, cause he'd know that he just cost himself any shot at winning...in the very unlikely event he gets to the final 3, he is gonna get zero jury votes.

The way I see it, Cochran wasn't going to win anyway. He can't win challenges, and once the other tribe was gone, he would've been picked off right away by his own tribe, because in that scenario they wouldn't want him in the Top 3 for fear of receiving "underdog" votes.

So now, he might actually proceed further and get to the Top 3 because everyone knows he won't get the votes to win after pissing off his former tribe. So in that sense, he's going to last longer in the game.

But this really all goes back to the boneheaded decision that Ozzy made last time out. Sure, he won at RI and got back in the game. But by keeping Cochran around, they have pretty much fucked themselves. If they had ditched Cochran last week, Christine would have won at RI and re-entered the game. She would have hooked up with Ozzy's tribe, and based on the odds, they most likely would have come out of last night's TC on top.

They have no one to blame but themselves.

Back
Top Bottom