Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #121
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
The way I see it, Cochran wasn't going to win anyway. He can't win challenges, and once the other tribe was gone, he would've been picked off right away by his own tribe, because in that scenario they wouldn't want him in the Top 3 for fear of receiving "underdog" votes.

So now, he might actually proceed further and get to the Top 3 because everyone knows he won't get the votes to win after pissing off his former tribe. So in that sense, he's going to last longer in the game.
I agree. I think it was a bold move and hopefully it will get him further.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #122
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Based on a deleted scene, Coach had a great read on Cochran and even offered him a Final Four deal, so I guess they were certain going into that tribal council about what was going to happen. Otherwise, it would have made sense for Coach to toss someone the idol. If he gives it to the right person, their tribe wins. If he gives it to the wrong one, only four of the six of them would draw rocks against Cochran/Jim, so it would have really helped their odds if they played the idol. Risky move, but it paid off not to use it.

Ozzy's done next week if he doesn't win immunity. Coach isn't playing around this time. He wants the threats gone.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

this talk about 5- 2 odds is just stupid
this is not a team game,

Cochran made the only reasonable vote.
the stupid vote was the other guy on his team that was not safe,
he voted for a 1 in seven chance to go home.

if I see a gun on a table with one bullet in it, why would I choose to play Russian roulette, when I could choose not to play.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Jim Rice, poker player, medical marijuana dispenser is the stupidest guy in the game.

I would have liked to see him pull out the black rock.

Once Dawn got safe, it was the moral thing for Cochran to risk his neck to better her game. What a phony.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #125
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
But this really all goes back to the boneheaded decision that Ozzy made last time out. Sure, he won at RI and got back in the game. But by keeping Cochran around, they have pretty much fucked themselves. If they had ditched Cochran last week, Christine would have won at RI and re-entered the game. She would have hooked up with Ozzy's tribe, and based on the odds, they most likely would have come out of last night's TC on top.

They have no one to blame but themselves.

Agree

But I think Cochran screwed himself with the move he made this week...he could have easily played both teams for at least 2 more days, got more info from the other tribe...fed that back to his team ....talked Dawn into flipping...she seemed close to flipping.....and had more power....now he has a lot of anger to deal with for throwing all his team under the bus....they will be gunning for him.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Dawn?
once she won immunity, she flipped on Cochran, she was safe, so she just wanted him to gamble on the rocks for her advantage.

What 2 days are you talking about? If he or Jim for that matter drew the black rock he was toast. Now there are at least 4 others lower on the list than him.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I guess Cochran didn't lose all that much the more I think about it. Coach and Co. have no reason to eliminate him before the Final 7 and he arguably has more mobility hooking up with these guys.

I do agree that Dawn probably would have flipped as well in order to avoid drawing rocks. Once she had the immunity necklace, she didn't have to worry about being ousted by random chance, hence the back-tracking.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #128
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Based on a deleted scene, Coach had a great read on Cochran and even offered him a Final Four deal, so I guess they were certain going into that tribal council about what was going to happen. Otherwise, it would have made sense for Coach to toss someone the idol. If he gives it to the right person, their tribe wins. If he gives it to the wrong one, only four of the six of them would draw rocks against Cochran/Jim, so it would have really helped their odds if they played the idol. Risky move, but it paid off not to use it.

But there was no reason to use it as soon as Ozzy said he was playing his idol for Whitney, cause they knew their votes were for Keef, therefore there was no risk of Rick going home. He could have used it to ensure Keith went out without a revote, which could have saved Cock Ring from having to flip(but Cock Ring flipping helps Coach not just in numbers, but by creating more discord within the opposing tribe), and also eliminated any chance of drawing rocks if there was no flip, but Ozzy played his hand too quickly (with a pro poker player helping with strategy you'd think they'd have concealed things better, this would never have happened with Jean-Robert ) and made it an easy non decision for Coach if it had ever entered his mind.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I guess Cochran didn't lose all that much the more I think about it. Coach and Co. have no reason to eliminate him before the Final 7 and he arguably has more mobility hooking up with these guys.

I actually think Cock Ring may have hurt himself huge.

If he stays with his tribe, and it goes to rocks and one of Coach's band of merry pygmies ends up going home (imagine if it ended up being Coach!), he's now loyally ingrained with the 6 he came to merge with...they have control, and if they stay tight and pick off the rest of the praying pygmies, eventually there's gonna be a power play and we've already seen Jim thinking about getting rid of Ozzy. There'd be a point, probably at 7 left when Jim could have enlisted the last remaining pygmie (assuming it wasn't Brandon who would F the whole thing up) to band together with him, Cock Ring and Dawn and take out Ozzy and Keith, and suddenly the final 3 shapes up as Jim, Dawn and Cock Ring...Jim would definitely have gone this route I think, cause he'd assume he'd have his best shot of winning against those 2, especially if Cock Ring had not flipped therefore not earning any votes from the merry pygmies.

Of course Redemption Island can throw any plan into a tailspin, but I could have foreseen a scenario like this which could have gotten Cock Ring to the end, and maybe he'd have goten some jury votes...now I see him out at 7th most likely (6th at best if Brandon flakes out too much) and as I stated previously, if he somehow made it to the end, he's very screwed with jury votes now.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I do agree with your scenario Hewson. It's what I hinted at earlier. I think Jim/Cochran would have likely worked together to get out Keith/Ozzy.

The only real problem with that scenario is that Keith clearly wasn't playing for himself. He would have likely wanted to remove Cochran at some point, if only so he didn't have to risk losing to him. So, Ozzy/Keith/Whitney could simply pull aside one or two of the people left from Coach's tribe to help them oust Cochran if need be.

But yeah, most likely Cochran would have gone further had he stuck with the old gang. Now, however, he's still in the game since he didn't draw rocks and he also has a chance of getting carried to the end since there's at least four people (Jim/Ozzy/Keith/Whitney) that would never vote for him to win.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

I think Cochran made a mistake, but not one that will cost him a huge amount.

Right now I think he's assured himself a 7th place finish. I'd be very surprised if he got further than that. There is no reason for Upolu not to simply pick off the members of the other tribe and finish off with Cochran.

I think he could have finished higher than 7th had he not flipped. His team had a huge advantage, they could be picking people off over the next few episodes. Then, when it gets down to the 6 Savaii, I wouldn't think that Cochran goes first, though I don't see him making it much further than 6th either.

Cochran's game is done.

I just pray that Coach doesn't win this thing. After Boston Rob, would just get old. Plus I find him irritating.

My b/f and I did a pool (draft style) immediately after the first episode of the season. My pick was Sophie.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #132
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The cockiness of Ozzy knows no bounds. He's been voted out of the game and is still confident that he's going to dominate.

Coach is clearly the winner as the editors keep pushing him as the dominant force there, specifically the first day's events beginning with Coach's tai-chi or whatever the hell he does.

From next week's preview, it's clear that Albert's not a dumb bunch of rocks, but he really doesn't have the numbers to change his fate. Coach has three people (Edna/Brandon/Rick) firmly in his hand and potentially one more (Cochran). I just don't see any of Edna/Brandon/Rick ever attempting to vote Coach out, even right before the final tribal council. He's going to take this in a cakewalk and win unanimously.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Yes, Ozzy is making Coach look like a genius. Fuck Ozzy and his dumbass stained shirt! I'm rooting for Cochran. He's a compelling character on the show. I don't think he'll win, but I find him entertaining.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

After tonight, I really don't want to see any of Coach's band of condescending pygmies win, least of all Brandon.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #135
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Coach is clearly the winner as the editors keep pushing him as the dominant force there, specifically the first day's events beginning with Coach's tai-chi or whatever the hell he does.
They're also presenting him as an asshole. I really don't see him winning.

Brandon is just loathsome. Cochran is pathetic.