Survivor: South Pacific - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:06 AM
I was a skeptic,

but now I am leading believer,
after they all prayed about the idol, 10 minutes later it turns up.

If that isn't a miracle, then what is?

Old 10-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #107
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post

Whether you're a Christian or a firm unbeliever, Coach's prayers in last night's episode were nausea inducing.

Amen!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

how can any of you not want Ozzy to win, come back and then have Cochran not give him back the idol

that would be about the best.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #109
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

My DVR kind of exploded and nothing I'd set for Wednesday night, the best night of the week. Dammit.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
It's already a stupid decision.
No doubt. Even if it works out, I'll still think it was colossally stupid and that Ozzy was lucky, not smart.

This has to be one of the dimmest teams in Survivor history. I when they were trying to convince Cochran that he needed to go and redeem himself at Redemption. Who the hell were they trying to kid?!? They just finished hating on him because he jacked up a simple task during the challenge and now they're turning around and telling him to think positive. . .it was almost offensive, really.

I do hope Ozzy loses, not least because I've come to admire how badass Christine has turned out to be. I'd like to see her keep playing.

Quote:

Whether you're a Christian or a firm unbeliever, Coach's prayers in last night's episode were nausea inducing.
Yeah. I'm a Christian, and the whole time I was like "Please stop. . ." When Coach was yelling "on your knees, on your knees". . .ugh. . .
Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
how can any of you not want Ozzy to win, come back and then have Cochran not give him back the idol

that would be about the best.
I could picture Ozzy picking Cock Ring up, turning him upside down and shaking him till the idol fell out of his pocket like in the cartoons.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

I could see him hiding it

that would be a lot more fun, than to see coach his saps power pray their way through the other team
Old 10-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #113
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Pray or prey their way? Either way works.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #114
Refugee

Local Time: 07:06 AM
Ozzy should have just brought the idol to Redemption.

Either way I hope he stays a bit longer as his idiocy is making the show entertaining. It seems too that the edit has been all about Cochrane on that tribe. This would suggest he goes far in the game and I'll bet Ozzy doesn't.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
Ozzy should have just brought the idol to Redemption.
Pretty sure you can't do that which is why he gave it away. It's never been confirmed one way or the other what the rules are, but theoretically, the idol could simply pass from one Redemption Island winner to another at the merge and whomever came back at the Final Five could then use it and be guaranteed a Final Four spot. And this would totally happen if somebody went out with an idol in their pocket after the merge, so that's why I think they won't allow it.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #116
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:06 AM

Cochron = dumb-ass ..... he and his big mouth is last man on other tribe's totem pole....he is crazy if he thinks he is not ...
Old 11-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Pretty sure you can't do that which is why he gave it away. It's never been confirmed one way or the other what the rules are, but theoretically, the idol could simply pass from one Redemption Island winner to another at the merge and whomever came back at the Final Five could then use it and be guaranteed a Final Four spot. And this would totally happen if somebody went out with an idol in their pocket after the merge, so that's why I think they won't allow it.
Agreed. I believe if you don't use the idol or give it to someone and get voted off, you lose it, regardless of Redemption Island.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:19 AM   #118
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

If Cochran had wanted to stay loyal, they'd have been pretty set to be honest. Four of the tribe members were immune against rocks (Ozzy/Dawn because of the immunity necklace, Keith because of the votes against and Whitney because of the idol). Therefore, it would have been a 5 against 2 shot that Cochran or Jim go home. Those are great odds to stay.

Cochran was ultimately a little near-sighted. I truly think Ozzy and the rest of the tribe would have stuck with him through the Final Six and people like Jim would have worked to get out the threats like Ozzy and Keith far before the end-game. Cochran probably would have had a better shot at getting to the end. Ultimately though, Survivor is a social game and Coach's tribe knew how to treat people better (or at least treat six of the nine good whereas the other tribe was pretty catty all-around).

Coach has to be this season's winner. They kept showing his face at the tribal council in last night's episode as if everything happening would be either his downfall or victory. We might have a surprise or two from here on out, but I think he's ultimately going to grab the money. My guess is that Albert/Sophie will weigh their options next week which will only put them more on Coach's bad side since they tried to vote out Edna recently. They'll end up going home a little earlier than expected with Dawn/Cochran taking their spots. Coach will end up in the end with Edna who people will see as fake and Brandon who will trip over his own words and be seen as immature. Coach will win unanimously.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

I was impressed that Coach basically sussed out every detail of Ozzy and Cock Ring's plan and laid it right out for Cock Ring. Obviously Ozzy will never get a job in Hollywood when his Survivor career ends...dude overacts more than William Shatner.
Cock Ring thinks he was making a move to gain control, but in fact he did just the opposite...Coach's band of merry pygmies played him like a violin...he gave up the entire strategy, and got zero information in return, so Ozzy wastes his idol and Coach keeps his. Ozzy and whoever else figured Whitney was going to be the target was pretty stupid, it was obviously gonna be either Keith or Jim, and had they played the odds, they would have given the idol to Keith, forcing Coach to give his to Rick (cause Cock Ring told Sophie thats who they were voting for). At the very least they'd have flushed the other idol out and still had some shot.

Cock Ring can't be that good a student of the game as he claims, cause he'd know that he just cost himself any shot at winning...in the very unlikely event he gets to the final 3, he is gonna get zero jury votes.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

The way I see it, Cochran wasn't going to win anyway. He can't win challenges, and once the other tribe was gone, he would've been picked off right away by his own tribe, because in that scenario they wouldn't want him in the Top 3 for fear of receiving "underdog" votes.

So now, he might actually proceed further and get to the Top 3 because everyone knows he won't get the votes to win after pissing off his former tribe. So in that sense, he's going to last longer in the game.

But this really all goes back to the boneheaded decision that Ozzy made last time out. Sure, he won at RI and got back in the game. But by keeping Cochran around, they have pretty much fucked themselves. If they had ditched Cochran last week, Christine would have won at RI and re-entered the game. She would have hooked up with Ozzy's tribe, and based on the odds, they most likely would have come out of last night's TC on top.

They have no one to blame but themselves.