Survivor: South Pacific

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'd also see why I was put off by Sophie winning...her behavior in the final immunity challenges...in the house of cards challenge yelling repeatedly at Albert to abandon his station and pick up her tiles which had fallen out of her reach until Jeff told them no helping was allowed...my wife eloquently said that Albert should tell her to "go f*** herself", and I agree. And then in the final challenge twice when she and Albert were on the same section of the course, she had a bag of puzzle pieces in her mouth and she was shouting a muffled "ALBERT!!" for him to get out of her way like it was her right to go and not his. Ozzy pointed out at first tribal that she was a brat, and he was spot on...he should have mentioned the specific incident of the challenge, that may have swayed a jury vote or 2 away from her.

:up:

Jim didn't vote for Coach, it turns out. Bad misinformation I read over at Sucks. It was indeed Rick/Edna/Cochran that voted for him.

I agree that Jim was pretty interesting and had some funny moments/confessionals. Had there been a bit more breathing room and the show not slanted to the four massive personalities of this season, he'd have got a lot more notice as a character. Compare him to someone like Marty from Nicaragua, and he's a similar character and possibly more interesting. But Marty benefited from being on a very dull season and Jim was on one that was anything but, so that's the way the cookie crumbles. Even though Jim was a favorite of Jeff's, I don't think he'll be back, but Marty certainly will.

I also think Jim had this game in the bag if Cochran doesn't flip. He'd orchestrate the Ozzy boot at the merge and possibly get Keith out as well if he figured he needed to. Nobody would go after Jim because he has tendencies that rub people the wrong way, so there'd surely be a few that would try to get to the end with because they'd think he's beatable. And ultimately, I think he'd have been handed the million dollar check by sitting next to a combo of people like Cochran/Keith/Whitney.

Jim was a tool. He was lucky he made it to the jury so America could see him rolling his eyes each week. And Keith and Whitney got a little lucky themselves too. Lol!

You'd also see why I was put off by Sophie winning...her behavior in the final immunity challenges...in the house of cards challenge yelling repeatedly at Albert to abandon his station and pick up her tiles which had fallen out of her reach until Jeff told them no helping was allowed...my wife eloquently said that Albert should tell her to "go f*** herself", and I agree. And then in the final challenge twice when she and Albert were on the same section of the course, she had a bag of puzzle pieces in her mouth and she was shouting a muffled "ALBERT!!" for him to get out of her way like it was her right to go and not his. Ozzy pointed out at first tribal that she was a brat, and he was spot on...he should have mentioned the specific incident of the challenge, that may have swayed a jury vote or 2 away from her.

First off, Probst said later in an interview that there was no rule against team help in the stacking challenge until he arbitrarily announced it after Sophie started yelling for help. It made sense in the context of the game as any one of the alliance four winning immunity would allow them to KO Ozzy, so someone might as well take the bullet there and help one of the other three get it. Certainly a strategy that's been done before. Anyway, the team was practically coaching Edna (?) from the sidelines before during the elimination contest and Probst never got on his high horse about it. The only real criticism I can say is that after 35+ days being malnourished in the game and in the heat of the challenge she snapped at Albert rather then politely requested assistance.

Second, in the obstacle course I remember Albert deliberately choosing to roil the ropes, trying to throw Sophie off, and kept doing so until his dumb ass fell off and he had to go back and start over.

In a later post-victory interview Sophie said her advantage over Albert was that he kept viewing people as chess pieces, as whether or not he could win with "a Rick", rather than thinking of Rick as a person and understanding his motivations.

Back
Top Bottom