Survivor: South Pacific - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:39 AM
^I really hope Jeff points that out at the reunion show or at some point. . .

Old 12-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I wonder if they are trying to throw us off with that preview for next week, or if it really happens. Would be funny if it did.
Just caught up after vacation...pretty predictable again (though Cock Ring came within a curly hair of taking Ozzy out which would have been something)...I gotta believe the preview is to throw us off otherwise it'd be stupid to show that much...what they lead us to believe in the preview would be the most shocking thing all season, maybe ever in Survivor so tipping it that much is a bad move.

And Coach is the only Upolu deserving to win, nobody else has done a damn thing...but I'd still like to see Ozzy get to the final 3 and win...just to shake it up.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

There's no way Edna wins. They always show those previews just so it will be the opposite. Basically, when it's actually closer in a redemption duel, they don't show a preview for it because they want to surprise us. When the winner is obvious, they do show a preview.

That's why going into last week's episode they showed us Ozzy's funny line about Cochran not having a chance. Because then the viewers would be surprised that Cochran nearly beat him.

Ozzy will kick Edna's ass like usual. They didn't go through all of this trouble to show him hanging out on redemption island for the last month's worth of episodes just to have him get eliminated by some nobody. He returns to the game for sure.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

My Survivor Week Predictions

- Ozzy defeats Edna on Redemption Island.

- The tribe votes out Rick. Coach feels that Brandon and Rick haven't been as "honoarble" or "warriorific" as himself, Albert and Sophie, so they end up being the targets. Coach ultimately boots Rick because he doesn't want to have an angry Brandon potentially defeating Ozzy on Redemption Island and coming back.

- Ozzy defeats Rick and returns to the game.

- At the Final Five tribal council, Coach/Ozzy are both safe without even having the immunity necklace. Nobody will vote for Coach since they know he has the idol, so he can pass it off to Ozzy at the last second if need be. Brandon goes home.

- At the final four, Ozzy/Coach can force a tie together, so neither is particularly vulnerable at that stage, but I think that Ozzy will either lose the tiebreaker or Coach will have second thoughts since he figures he can't beat him. Ozzy is the last man out.

- A very heated final tribal council ends up being mostly hot air and Coach wins a million dollars.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Man, Brandon is stupid or at the very least quite naive...and Coach is a bit of a douche.

Go Ozzy, make the finale interesting.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Coach played it right

Brandon has a more likely chance of beating Ozzy, than Sophie would.

IF Brandon comes back he won;t be mad at Coach, Coach will tell him it was meant to be, he had faith in him. At that point Brandon would vote both Rich and Sophie out before Coach.

I can't say the same if Sophie went out and came back. Coach would have no chance with her.

So Coach made the right move.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:50 AM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think Coach/Sophie overestimated Brandon as a jury threat. I think he'd be just as easy to beat as Rick. Nobody takes the guy seriously. It would have been better to boot Rick, let Ozzy slaughter him, and then have Brandon playing the Final Five immunity challenge.

Coach/Brandon both need their heads checked. That was the creepiest episode of Survivor that we'll probably ever see albeit the most entertaining one of the season. I love paranoia and ominous music.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Coach/Brandon both need their heads checked. That was the creepiest episode of Survivor that we'll probably ever see
Bigtime...this whole "praying for answers" thing is getting really wacky.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

The whole praying angle has really soured this season for me. It's a game people; pray for something more worthwhile and just play as normal.

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing Ozzy take this, even if he's been a real prick at times. Not like anyone else has been a pleasure to be around anyway.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Not like anyone else has been a pleasure to be around anyway.
Not true. I'd have probably pleasured myself if Elyse were around camp.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Brandon is a fool. I'm glad Coach voted his ass out. Once Brandon said he was giving up the idol to his prayer buddy Albert, you knew that Coach was voting him out. Ozzy is great in the challenges, but I just don't like him. Right now, I'm rooting for Sophie, Rick or Coach to get the million bucks. And, yes, I'm pretty much done with everyone talking to God first about fuckin Survivor. Especially Brandon. I don't think the Big Guy would have told gangbanger Brando to give up the Idol and roll over like a whimpering bitch.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
My Survivor Week Predictions

- Ozzy defeats Edna on Redemption Island.

- The tribe votes out Rick. Coach feels that Brandon and Rick haven't been as "honoarble" or "warriorific" as himself, Albert and Sophie, so they end up being the targets. Coach ultimately boots Rick because he doesn't want to have an angry Brandon potentially defeating Ozzy on Redemption Island and coming back.

- Ozzy defeats Rick and returns to the game.

- At the Final Five tribal council, Coach/Ozzy are both safe without even having the immunity necklace. Nobody will vote for Coach since they know he has the idol, so he can pass it off to Ozzy at the last second if need be. Brandon goes home.

- At the final four, Ozzy/Coach can force a tie together, so neither is particularly vulnerable at that stage, but I think that Ozzy will either lose the tiebreaker or Coach will have second thoughts since he figures he can't beat him. Ozzy is the last man out.

- A very heated final tribal council ends up being mostly hot air and Coach wins a million dollars.
Well, your prediction fell apart on the second point, but I have a feeling your prediction of the winner will still turn out to be true.

Quote:
I think Coach/Sophie overestimated Brandon as a jury threat. I think he'd be just as easy to beat as Rick. Nobody takes the guy seriously. It would have been better to boot Rick, let Ozzy slaughter him, and then have Brandon playing the Final Five immunity challenge.

Coach/Brandon both need their heads checked. That was the creepiest episode of Survivor that we'll probably ever see albeit the most entertaining one of the season. I love paranoia and ominous music.
I agree that Coach/Sophie don't realize how Brandon would be perceived by the jury.

With everyone except for Brandon I find all the religiosity to be patently false and deeply irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Brandon is a fool. I'm glad Coach voted his ass out. Once Brandon said he was giving up the idol to his prayer buddy Albert, you knew that Coach was voting him out. Ozzy is great in the challenges, but I just don't like him. Right now, I'm rooting for Sophie, Rick or Coach to get the million bucks. And, yes, I'm pretty much done with everyone talking to God first about fuckin Survivor. Especially Brandon. I don't think the Big Guy would have told gangbanger Brando to give up the Idol and roll over like a whimpering bitch.
While I agree that God doesn't take sides in Survivor. I'm finding that I respect Brandon's faith, as misguided as it often is. Say what you will about the guy, but I think more than perhaps anybody else in the game what you see is what you get with him. In a weird way he is very consistent and reliable in his loose-cannon-ness. Once you get how his brain works he's actually quite predictable. He is unquestionably sincere whereas with Coach, I smell B.S.

I'm a Christian myself, and I have to say among Christians I've come to very skeptical of the whole "I prayed about it" thing. People tend to use that as a cover for making a decision they know won't be well received.

Brandon is the true anti-Russell . . .the complete other extreme. But equally as bad at the game. Of course, Brandon himself admits that he's not really cut out for this game.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post

While I agree that God doesn't take sides in Survivor. I'm finding that I respect Brandon's faith, as misguided as it often is. Say what you will about the guy, but I think more than perhaps anybody else in the game what you see is what you get with him. In a weird way he is very consistent and reliable in his loose-cannon-ness. Once you get how his brain works he's actually quite predictable. He is unquestionably sincere whereas with Coach, I smell B.S.

I'm a Christian myself, and I have to say among Christians I've come to very skeptical of the whole "I prayed about it" thing. People tend to use that as a cover for making a decision they know won't be well received.

Brandon is the true anti-Russell . . .the complete other extreme. But equally as bad at the game. Of course, Brandon himself admits that he's not really cut out for this game.
I pretty much agree with your thoughts on Brandon
and I also think these people have just as much right to pray as anyone else.

I am skeptical if any god answers any prayers,
but, if any god does, far be it from me to say which prayers, and who's prayers should matter

also, I am not ready to call BS on Coach or anyone else.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

I think that there is a lot of animosity towards Coach on that jury. You can just see them dripping with distaste for the guy every time they're shown. It also became very clear to me that Albert can no longer win - not only do people who played the game with him think that he's a lazy phony, but he came across badly in front of the jury. Brandon, should he return from Redemption, also has no chance to win since his social skills are as bad as Russell's, just in a different way. Rick is a non-factor. Which leaves us with Sophie and Ozzy.

To me, this will boil down to Coach v. Ozzy v. Sophie, although unless Ozzy can win every single challenge, he's going to be out on his butt immediately. If he makes it to T3, he wins easily. If he does not, this will come down to how many people retch at the sight of Coach. I think we could have one of the most bitter juries in a while...

Since I very boldly and at the time seemingly foolishly picked Sophie after the first episode in my draft (also didn't get the best draft position, let's be honest), I have to disclaim that I have some interest in seeing her win.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #225
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Weird