Survivor Samoa - and beyond!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lets not tell others to gfy please. It's just a freakin TV show.

I stayed offline until now. I am happy for Natalie but actually surprised that she won. I didnt like Russell for a long time and he's a cocky mother fucker but he did play the best game. I dont think anyone can argue that.

And yes he was in tears. He is obviously completely bitter that he didnt win. He should have curbed some of the cockiness, I think he would have gotten a few more votes had he been a bit more humble.

Well, since by now the West Coast has found out the winner, I'm totally pissed that Russell didn't win, but I'm not surprised. He just pissed off too many people with his tactics. At least he got the 100 Grand as a consolation prize. If it weren't for Russell, this season would have sucked. Instead, it was just ok because he wound up not winning the million bucks. Gotta give props to Natalie, though. She used Russell wisely.

And yes he was in tears. He is obviously completely bitter that he didnt win. He should have curbed some of the cockiness, I think he would have gotten a few more votes had he been a bit more humble.

Yes, it was odd how one of his answers to a jury member was how he burned three of them and got them voted out.

A more humble answer might have been, I thought I knew what I was doing, but I kept thinking I might be blind sided anytime.

Hooray!

Never liked Russell. Don't care that he was strategic. So was Yul, one of the best previous winners, but Yul was a great guy.

You've got to win over the jury, and I knew Russell was too arrogant to do that.

It's just sad because he played the best game but his big fat ego ruined it.

that final challenge was really not fair for Natalie
she had a lot less upper body strength to hold those poles steady.

you would think they would make it more even for the players.

True. I'm surprised they didnt do something like stand on a pole or something.

btw Shambo at tribal council.. :coocoo:

I thought Russell's performance in front of the jury was surprisingly poor. He took several members of the jury and made them feel like fools (i.e. John) for making deals with him, and then getting their heads chopped off.

He was a great strategic player in one sense, but not as far as the endgame goes (winning votes).

He would have had a better shot if he was going up against a couple of unlikable people -- or people who were perceived to have caused as much harm to the jury members.

also when Jaison got voted out because Brett had the immunity

why didn't Brett go to Jaison and Mick and tell them he would vote for Russell if they would. They may have taken him up on it because they would have believed they could have had a better chance with Russell gone over who ever the hell they thought was going home.

So the cast list for next season.. apparently..

Amanda Kimmel
Benjamin "Coach" Wade
Cirie Fields
Candice Woodcock
Colby Donaldson
Courtney Yates
Danielle DiLorenzo
Jessica "Sugar" Kiper
Jerri Manthey
Parvati Shallow
Randy Bailey
Rob Mariano
James Clement
James "JT" Thomas
Rupert Boneham
Russell Hantz
Tom Westman
Tyson Apostol
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Stephenie LaGrossa

Heroes vs. Villians :lol:

Heroes
heroesaq.jpg

heroesb.jpg

Villans
villainsa.jpg

villainsb.jpg

Personally I think its ridiculous to let past winners come back 1, 2 3 times! Oh well.

FEBRUARY 11th. Only 2 months away. :heart:

Frankly I think Natalie should give Erik a couple of hundred grand as he swung that jury BIG time in my opinion. Absolute genius.

Survivor is just like nine-ball, you can sink 8 balls in a row, miss on the 9 and lose the game.

Russell surprised me with his weak performance at the final council. For someone who spent the whole time thinking about winning, I thought he would have come up with the perfect argument to counter every argument, even with an emotional jury. And man, compliment the jury, don't crap on 'em. Jury rule number one, they love being stroked. A little humility would have went a long way. It seems he thought the game was over after the final immunity challenge.

I agree that Erik's speech swayed the jury, their faces all changed. A more effective speech and answers by Russell could have nipped that in the butt. I don't believe Russell when he claimed he was not a prick in real life. His private interviews were demeaning to all the other people in the show from start to end. His attitude at the reunion show was childish(other people who played better than the winner have been there before and taken it on the chin like a champ).

I like Mick and Jaison, but I think Natalie will get the win, surprisingly enough.

Good call, SeattleVertigo.

Don't care that he was strategic. So was Yul, one of the best previous winners, but Yul was a great guy.

You've got to win over the jury, and I knew Russell was too arrogant to do that.

Good observation. As I said before, an annoying person has never won Survivor and that remains true. He made the mistake of annoying the jury. He needed to just stick to the facts of what he did without being cocky and rubbing everyone's face in it.

Great analysis, overall, everyone.

If Russell makes the all-star cast, would he be able to pull off a win? I think he'd have to change his whole game and even then, if any of the contestants saw this season, they'll all see him coming.

Good observation. As I said before, an annoying person has never won Survivor and that remains true. He made the mistake of annoying the jury. He needed to just stick to the facts of what he did without being cocky and rubbing everyone's face in it.

An annoying person has never won? You ever heard of Richard Hatch? That guy was all about annoying.

I was just amazed on Russ' face before they announced the winner, he seem so nervous.
And yes, Nat needs to buy Erik a house.

I was just amazed on Russ' face before they announced the winner, he seem so nervous.

Yeah, I've never seen a finalist be so nervous and serious during the vote counting.

I couldn't figure out if his eyes were so glassy because they were welling up with tears or because he had just smoked a huge joint. :wink:

So the cast list for next season.. apparently..

Amanda Kimmel
Benjamin "Coach" Wade
Cirie Fields
Candice Woodcock
Colby Donaldson
Courtney Yates
Danielle DiLorenzo
Jessica "Sugar" Kiper
Jerri Manthey
Parvati Shallow
Randy Bailey
Rob Mariano
James Clement
James "JT" Thomas
Rupert Boneham
Russell Hantz
Tom Westman
Tyson Apostol
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Stephenie LaGrossa

Heroes vs. Villians :lol:

Heroes
heroesaq.jpg

heroesb.jpg

Villans
villainsa.jpg

villainsb.jpg

Personally I think its ridiculous to let past winners come back 1, 2 3 times! Oh well.

oooooh, I'm a little excited to see these guys again.

Wow, as bad as Russell's performance was before the jury, he was even worse on the one-hour wrap-up show last night, and on the Early Show appearance this morning.

He just didn't have the emotional intelligence to win the game.

Hantz: "Survivor" White Undeserving - The Early Show - CBS News

Russell Hantz, the runner-up and fan favorite of "Survivor: Samoa" said on "The Early Show" the season's winner, Natalie White, doesn't deserve the $1 million prize.

Hantz said, "I don't think she deserves it. That's my opinion. I don't think the world thinks she deserves it, because she didn't even get in the top three for fan favorite. So... "

"Early Show" substitute co-anchor Chris Wragge asked White, "What is it like sitting next to such a gracious loser?"

White responded, "Russell is a character. Again, everybody is going to see a different game than what we actually play and ultimately, the person that wins and deserves to win is the person that gets the majority of the jury vote."

Sitting next to White, holding an oversized check for the $1 million, Hantz interjected, "You know, when you play a football game, and you're the quarterback to the football game, I'm throwing all the touchdown passes, right? She wasn't even on the field. She was my cheerleader."

Regarding the next season...

Since they've already filmed 20, does that mean Russell was playing again all while not knowing the results of season 19? Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom