Survivor Samoa - and beyond!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cant believe Russell did not bid on anything at the auction. What was he waiting for?

Shambo is losing her mind. I am going to buy her a case of chickens.

Was surprised at who got voted off, cant see how he was a huge threat and he's definitely less annoying than most of the others.

I cant believe Russell did not bid on anything at the auction. What was he waiting for?

Was surprised at who got voted off, cant see how he was a huge threat and he's definitely less annoying than most of the others.

Invariably there's always somebody who gets nothing in these auctions, these people have all watched before and should know if there's 9 people, there's 7 or 8 items at most (and usually one Shambo special, was funny that she got the crap item), so bid...the way Mick did it was the right way, saw the cheeseburger..."$500!", bam, its his.

As for John, I think the Foas saw him as a threat strategically, he's defininitely smart (hey he's a rocket scientist), in his confessionals he saw how the Galus were foolhardy since the merge.

During his exit interview, I have no idea what John said, but I think I may have agreed to wear the puffy shirt.

haha about his exit interview! :lol: I couldn't catch a word he was saying either!

Jeff seems to REALLY be enjoying this season :D

Glad to see John go. I think he was by far the biggest threat among the Galu. And I say lose Shambo next.

John should have known at the auction that the idol had already been found and saved his money. If the idol was still hidden, I think Russell would have bid 500 immediately as soon as Jeff brought out the clue, and John should have picked up on that.

This is certainly the best season in a quite a while. :up:

I don't think Russell had any intention of buying food. I think he was just observing what the others would do. I think if he did buy some food, he would have shared some with Jaison.

Shambo was getting too comfortable. The vote proved that she's not always gonna get what she wants.

As soon as John didn't share his pie with the others at Reward, I knew he'd be gone.

John should have known at the auction that the idol had already been found and saved his money. If the idol was still hidden, I think Russell would have bid 500 immediately as soon as Jeff brought out the clue, and John should have picked up on that.

I was half expecting the clue John bought to say "the idol you seek is in the pocket of the short dude with the colorful bathing suit"

I don't think Russell had any intention of buying food. I think he was just observing what the others would do. I think if he did buy some food, he would have shared some with Jaison.

Rules Probst stated at the beginning of the auction, "no sharing food, no sharing money", so he couldn't have shared with Jaison.

Rules Probst stated at the beginning of the auction, "no sharing food, no sharing money", so he couldn't have shared with Jaison.

Thanks for the clarification. I know in past food Rewards, the contestants shared food. Gotta love Jeff. He can be a bitch sometimes. :wink:

Simple, Russell screwed up in telling him about the immunity idol and knew he had to get rid of him. I guarantee you if Russell hadn't started floating John's name, Dave would have gone home.

Russell is amazing.

:yes: He's playing a remarkabley focused game. He's really stayed single-minded in focusing on what he believes will advance him in the game--it's not that I think he's always been right about what is the best move--it's just that he's never lost sight of that goal. So many players get bogged down in who "deserves to be there" and hypocritical notions of loyalty--they forget that they're supposed to be playing to win. Russell's decision to utilize Dave's vulnerablity to get rid of someone who was essentially a threat to him in particular was brilliant! Why wouldn't you go to the guy who's head is on the chopping block and offer him a way out? Of course he's going to take it!

Glad to see John go. I think he was by far the biggest threat among the Galu. And I say lose Shambo next.

I agree with you 2861. (Heh, heh, someone should cut and paste what I just said and put it over in FYM. There will be some folks scratching their heads, eh. :wink: :D )

However, I do think Shambo can be talked into staying with her alliance. Russell will sweet talk her and she'll listen. I can't see her wanting to cozy up with Monica and Dave, and I don't think they are smart enough to make nice with her. Their best bet would be to try to peel off Mick, Jaison, or Natalie who by now should be getting worried about Russell's strategic ability. The challenge for Russell is, I don't know if he has a close enough personal relationship with anyone in his alliance to be certain they won't turn on him. Shambo is the one who seems the most committed to him personally. . . the rest, eh, I don't know.

Anybody else think that Natalie kicks ass? She caught that rat a few episodes back, she rocked that one challenge where they had to swing her around on that platform, and she outlasted a lot of "big and tough" guys on last nights challenge. Plus she comes across as a real nice person. I don't normally find the "stereotypical" blonde attractive, but all these other factors are making her look pretty good to me! I'd like to see her go far and could see her winning the game.

Anybody else have trouble remembering Brett's name or that he's even on the show? I don't think I've ever seen a more boring competitor.

I am just 30 minutes into this episode

and I will say if Russell burns Shambo

then he got played by Monica

and he deserves to go next.

they edited this first 30 minutes to make it look like Russell took the bait

ok, a double elimination episode

have they ever done this before?

That was crazy. I was like, why are they already doing a tribal council only half hour into the show? Then I realized earlier it said it was day 32 and there were still 8 left so I was already confused at that point. Very interesting.

Personally I think these people are pretty stupid for not trying harder to get rid of Russell before the finals. He is the biggest threat out there in my opinion.

wtf only 2 episodes left? :angry:

The one weakness of Russell is that he's not too go at the immunity challenges.

Yeah, he is like the anit-Ozzy, can't do shit in challenges, but he has basically puppetmastered this entire season thus far. He really deserves to win, though I assume he won't as they'll take him out before the final 3 (I assume based on the number of jury members it'll be a final 3 with a 9 member jury).

ok, a double elimination episode

have they ever done this before?

I'm pretty sure they've done it once or twice before. I think they had to because of the episode where dehydrated Russell went out by medical need and they were supposed to have both tribes eliminate somebody but canceled the double tribal council and pizza party.

Personally I think these people are pretty stupid for not trying harder to get rid of Russell before the finals. He is the biggest threat out there in my opinion.

:

Which is why he deserves to win, he has been the only player aggressively orchestrating moves. The others are all like his lackeys. None seem to have the intestinal fortitude to try and make a maneuver on their own. Russell even said about Mick he was worried Mick might try and take him out cause "that's what I'd do if I were him". But yet no attempt to go after him. He seems like the only true strategist in the game. If he gets to the end, he should win in a landslide if the jury puts petty stuff aside and votes based on who played the game best.

I hope that Russell parlays his success on Survivor into some sort of run for the White House, in 2012. Could be the stuff of legend. We need another lunatic Andrew Jackson type to shake shit up. Amirite?

Back
Top Bottom