Survivor Samoa - and beyond!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:love: Gross food.

I thought it was kind of mean that they sent Shambo to the other team after she participated in the challenge and did well. :shrug:

Before the challenge started I said they'd send her if they won.
A. Nobody on Galu seems to like her.
2. She has already cost them Fish, Chicken and Eggs with her buffoonery, why give her a steak and snausage and why give her the opportunity to F the food up..."Sorry guys, I dropped the steaks in the ocean, but I put the snausages down my pants to keep them dry so those should still be yummy"

Before the challenge started I said they'd send her if they won.
A. Nobody on Galu seems to like her.
2. She has already cost them Fish, Chicken and Eggs with her buffoonery, why give her a steak and snausage and why give her the opportunity to F the food up..."Sorry guys, I dropped the steaks in the ocean, but I put the snausages down my pants to keep them dry so those should still be yummy"

:lol:

Hated to see Ashley go. She was my favorite and best-looking person left. What a joke, though I guess she did deserve it.

Separated at birth?

Kevin_Spacey%20-%201%20-%20Superman_Returns.jpg

survivor-samoa-natalie-dave-ball14.jpg

:love: Gross food.

I thought it was kind of mean that they sent Shambo to the other team after she participated in the challenge and did well. :shrug:

Right, but then Black Russell told the others that when she fucked up with the chicken that she wrote her own ticket. Which, of course, I loved. :wink:

Naturally, Ashley got the worst thing to eat, although I'm not sure she would've been able to get down any of the other stuff.

Kudos to Liz for that challenge; too bad her team couldn't hit any shots.

A predictable episode at the end, with no talking or scheming to be had.

Jeff sure didn't blend that batch of gunk poor Ashley couldn't get down near as well as the other concoctions he blended. I wonder if it had been blended longer and wasn't so "chunky" if Ashley could have choked it all down?

Anybody else find it easier to predict what's going to happen on the show?

We knew Ashely was going to have trouble on the challenge and lose it for her team because they showed all this footage of her saying she like exotic food and wouldn't have any trouble.

We knew that Foa Foa would lose the immunity challenge because they showed the exchanges between Russell and Liz that indicated that immunity would be an issue for their team in this episode.

Next week looks interesting - medical called in again, stethoscope out, Jeff yelling like a knob...

I'd like to give a big F.U. to CBS for running a commercial last night during The Amazing Race showing who has the medical emergency.

What moron executive thinks viewers want to know that stuff in advance?

Anybody else find it easier to predict what's going to happen on the show?

We knew Ashely was going to have trouble on the challenge and lose it for her team because they showed all this footage of her saying she like exotic food and wouldn't have any trouble.

We knew that Foa Foa would lose the immunity challenge because they showed the exchanges between Russell and Liz that indicated that immunity would be an issue for their team in this episode.

are those really your only questions

if you give any real thought to this 'reality?' show

the whole thing falls apart

I think bald russell was casted and scripted from day one

they had such a ratings boost with 'coach' last season they knew a negative figure like that would be another big hit

keep in mind that when you are watching this there are two? three? maybe more production people around the person you see on screen

this is not like 'Big Brother' with the cast isolated with hidden or mounted cameras

on night one when Russel dumped all the water and burned the shoes, with two or three crew following him around and no one woke up?

Russell just got a wild hunch to look up inside the hollow tree? without one clue?

Early reports that I've been reading online (all spoiler-free, in specific terms) suggest that this episode is stunning, and one of the all-time Survivor greats. Consider my expectations raised.

they had such a ratings boost with 'coach' last season they knew a negative figure like that would be another big hit

keep in mind that when you are watching this there are two? three? maybe more production people around the person you see on screen

this is not like 'Big Brother' with the cast isolated with hidden or mounted cameras

on night one when Russel dumped all the water and burned the shoes, with two or three crew following him around and no one woke up?

Russell just got a wild hunch to look up inside the hollow tree? without one clue?

It's definitely scripted or at least edited to blow what really happened (or didn't happen) way out of proportion. I believe they cast specifically for certain personalities and to cause conflict. That creates viewership and sparks interest and controversy which comes down to ratings and money for the TV Moguls. Kinda sad when you look at it from that angle. Entertainment? Not really.....and NOT "Reality" TV as far as I'm concerned. Not Survivor anyway.

But...I am a sucker and continue watching it. :doh:

I felt sooooo bad for Russell. His heart and soul were so into the game and he seemed like such a committed player. For his body to give out like that just was heartbreaking. I hope he will be OK.

Early reports that I've been reading online (all spoiler-free, in specific terms) suggest that this episode is stunning, and one of the all-time Survivor greats. Consider my expectations raised.

I'm not too sure about this episode being one of the all time great ones. Bottom Line: Black Russell's body was really starting to breakdown and he foolishly ignored the warning signs. I understand he was his tribe's leader and he wanted to make a few more "deposits before he made a withdrawal", but every person has got to know their limitations and he obviously failed to recognize them.

I did feel bad seeing him having to leave the show, but he did go out fighting. One thing that struck me as strange was when Jeff went to go and attend to him, Jeff should have at least removed Black Russell's blindfold while the poor guy was struggling to not pass out.

Like I said, this show wasn't exactly one of the all time greats and pretty much the only gimmick of this week's episode was Black Russell's medical emergency. Oh yeah, that and the rain too.

I was glad Jeff made the decision to cancel the challenge, and that nobody won the pizza but mostly that no one got voted off. In light of what happened with black Russell and how miserable they all were in the constantly pouring rain I felt it was the right thing to do.

I was glad Jeff made the decision to cancel the challenge, and that nobody won the pizza but mostly that no one got voted off. In light of what happened with black Russell and how miserable they all were in the constantly pouring rain I felt it was the right thing to do.

Well, Jeff calling off the challenge was a good move, but a better move would have been to allow the tribes to split the pizza. Considering the challenge ended in a draw due to unforeseen circumstances, that would have been a nice gesture by Jeff.

The decisions that were made last night- cancelling the challenge, no pizza, no tribal councils- do you think those are made specifically by Jeff? Or by the producers of the show?

The decisions that were made last night- cancelling the challenge, no pizza, no tribal councils- do you think those are made specifically by Jeff? Or by the producers of the show?

I'd say the producers were making those calls. Watching Russell collapse like that was uncomfortable to watch. And I felt Jeff making such a big production of taking him out of the game was more for the cameras than for him. To be honest, I was wondering if it was really the best thing to tell someone so fragile that they're out of the game at that moment, or to wait until he's been stablilized. I guess it was fine, but it still seemed kind of. . .shameless to be playing to the cameras while this guy is in such serious shape.

They weren't really questions. More observations that their editing is getting a little lazy and transparent. Again on this week's episode, you knew Russell was going to be in serious hurt the way they gave him the hero's treatment at the beginning of the episode. My friend and I were jokng that when they start doing the silhouette and slow-motion shots, you know this guy is going to be hurt bad!

I agree they do cast for certain characters. . .and they did a great job with Russell. He is imminently watchable. As far as scripting. . .I'm neither here nor there on that. I'd prefer to believe they don't script in advance, only with the editing, but I'm sure it's possible that they script more than that. I don't think they scripted the five days of rain though. That looked really miserable.

I disagree. At that point no one had any idea what Russell's medical situation was. For a second there it looked like poor Jeff even thought the guy was dead. It really was not an appropriate time. Besides, they aren't there to be pampered with pizza parties. I think the way it was handled was fine. No one was sent home at tribal and that was reward enough for both tribes.

Wow that was an intense episode. I felt bad for Russell. He obviously put everything he had into the game. It was too bad he had to go out like that.

Personally I thought it was kind of fucked up to make them come all the way to tribal council only to tell them that there is no tribal council lol.

Back
Top Bottom