Survivor Samoa - and beyond!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As much as I loathe Russell I have to give him credit for being smart enough to even look for an idol. Without an exile island, it made sense that an idol would be hidden at camp and he was the only one who even thought of it.

But yeah, him finding it so easily was a little :der:

As much as I loathe Russell I have to give him credit for being smart enough to even look for an idol. Without an exile island, it made sense that an idol would be hidden at camp and he was the only one who even thought of it.

Oh damn I just realized there is no exhile island!

yasmin.jpg

SHUT UP!

I loved the girl coming over form the other team and just having a go at everyone - excellent stuff - so combative!!!

Yeah he is a complete douche, but deserves props for finding the idol. Of course Ben may have passed him on the douche scale this week. And wtf with Yasmin and her verbal asault at the entire opposing tribe....she'll do well after a merge if she lasts that long.

Of course Ben may have passed him on the douche scale this week.

Between Russell's creepiness, Ben's shoot-a-cop-gesture and poor sportsmanship, and Yasmine's bizarre temper tantrum and random insults, I can't help wonder if this particular group of Survivors is just a big bunch of losers or if people these days are just generally assholes.

Between Russell's creepiness, Ben's shoot-a-cop-gesture and poor sportsmanship, and Yasmine's bizarre temper tantrum and random insults, I can't help wonder if this particular group of Survivors is just a big bunch of losers or if people these days are just generally assholes.

I blame CBS casting. I got a sense, at least with this one tribe that they're leaning towards a kind of Big Brother mentality with the casting. Having Russell AND Ben in one season--it's too much.

I would hate to see Survivor go this direction. I used to watch Big Brother until it got so trashy, I couldn't take it any more.

The irony is that only a few assholes have ever won Survivor (and they, only because they had the good sense to behave one way in the camera interviews and another way with the tribe). Survivor first and foremost is a social game--arguably EVERY winner has been extremely socially adept, so someone like Yasmine or Ben have no chance at all. Russell--maybe. I haven't been able to tell from the edits if he saves his rude, arrogant comments for the camera or if he displays that to his teammates as well. My hunch is the former because so far no one but the people who have "crossed" him (and subsequently been eliminated) has complained about him. Complaints by other teammates are sure sign that you're not winning the social game.

If that's the case, yes, he could go all the way, joining that small and ugly group of jerks who have won Survivor (Richard Hatch and Brian Heddick (sp?) come immediately to mind).

Damn, I was thinking the same thing.

Yasmine was ridiculous for sure. Black Russell was smart for sending her over.

One thing I don't get: Don't these people have to take physicals to be on the show in the first place to see if they're fit enough to perform? If so, Mike should have never been allowed on the show.

yeah, Sicy! I noticed that too! I don't feel like I even know who any of the other tribe is....except the chick that came over to Foa Foa ....they must be boring as shit!:lol:

And what's up with the Foa Foa getting all the airtime.

Aww, c'mon, we're all veteran Survivor viewers here. There have been plenty of episodes that focused on only one tribe per episode in seasons past. Things were more interesting for Foa Foa this week, but I have feeling that Shambo and her tribe will be dominating the episode for next week. Like I said, I'm rooting against her. Shambo the Sham must go!

Well the first two episodes of a season have not been so one sided as far as I can recall - well not since 'Africa' at least. I think Ben is an absolute moron - but Russell is just a tool. He'll probably win it.

Did I black out for half the episode, or was there only the one challenge? :scratch:

Yes, there was only one challenge for both Reward and Immunity.

One other thing that I thought was awesome was when Shambo the Sham took the newly won fishing and swimming gear and went off and caught NO fish. Plus, she lost a part of the swimming gear. :hyper: She certainly didn't endear herself to her other tribemates after that move.

'Survivor' not harmed by Pacific quake, tsunami
Similar stories:•7.9 quake hits South Pacific, tsunami alert issued
7.9 quake hits South Pacific, tsunami alert issuedThe U.S. Geological Survey says a powerful 7.9-magnitude earthquake has struck in the South Pacific between Samoa and American Samoa. A tsunami alert has been issued for the region.
The temblor hit at 6:48 a.m. Tuesday (1748 GMT) midway between the two island groups. In the Samoan capital of Apia, families fled their homes amid severe shaking that lasted for up to three minutes. Local media reported people were fleeing to higher ground.
The USGS said the quake struck 20 miles (35 kilometers) below the ocean floor and was 120 miles (190 kilometers) from American Samoa and 125 miles (200 kilometers) from Samoa.

•Japan issues tsunami warning along coast
Japan issues tsunami warning along coastJapan's Meteorological Agency has issued a tsunami warning all along its eastern coast after a strong earthquake hit Samoa in the Pacific Ocean.
The agency warned Wednesday morning of a possible tsunami up to about 1.6 feet (50 centimeters) tall.
The agency warned the tsunami could hit all along Japan's eastern coast, on an area ranging from Japan's northern island of Hokkaido to the southern tip of Kyushu island, with the Okinawa islands to the far south also included.

•Samoa police say 63 dead in tsunami, toll may rise
Samoa police say 63 dead in tsunami, toll may riseA police official says 63 people are confirmed dead in Samoa following a tsunami that smashed the southern shore of the South Pacific nation.
Samoan police commissioner Lilo Maiava told The Associated Press that police have confirmed 63 deaths, and officials are still searching the devastated areas, so the number of deaths might rise soon.
A powerful Pacific Ocean earthquake with a magnitude between 8.0 and 8.3 spawned towering tsunami waves that swept ashore early Tuesday on Samoa and American Samoa, flooding and flattening villages, killing dozens of people and leaving scores of others missing.

•Samoa, American Samoa at a glance
Samoa, American Samoa at a glanceKey facts on the Independent State of Samoa and the U.S. territory of American Samoa:
American Samoa:
- Located about 2,300 miles southwest of Hawaii and 1,600 miles northeast of New Zealand.

LOS ANGELES -- "Survivor" is safe in Samoa.

A spokeswoman for the CBS reality show says no crew members were harmed by the powerful earthquake that struck the South Pacific between Samoa and American Samoa around dawn Tuesday, sending large tsunami waves ashore.

The earthquake, with a magnitude between 8.0 and 8.3, had no effect on the production of the 20th season, which the spokeswoman said was not being filmed at the time.

The 19th season was also filmed in Samoa.

Wow, Jaison really exposed Ben for the super douche that he is. This episode wasn't much for me. The best part was Tribal Council which was longer than usual due to the drama. Good stuff there, though. :applaud:

:down: Shambo :down:

Glad to see Ashley stay. She's the best looking girl left, I think, so I dont' want to see her go for a while. :wink: And Russell is actually starting to grow on me, too.

I didn't get a good look at the other reward that they could have traded the pillows and blankets for. What was that stuff?

Back
Top Bottom