Survivor Samoa - and beyond!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russell is the gift that keeps on giving :applaud:

He got seriously hosed by the jury...but it's probably more entertaining that he lost. I love how he threw Jaison's socks into the fire again.

Hopefully he made it deep into the all-star game.

I laughed when I saw him burn Jaison's socks again. Like him or not, Russell was easily the most compelling character on the show. He felt he played the game the "right" way and was sticking with that story. I'm looking forward to seeing him go up against the other Survivor All-Stars. :hyper:

When did he burn Jaison's socks for the second time? I must have missed that.

I had forgotten about that Terry dude. Good call.

Terry got voted out though...he was hardly robbed. He lost the final immunity challenge and was voted out because he'd have easily won due to having all his former tribe mates on the jury...it was pretty much the same thing as Brett, actually. A strategically clueless guy trying to win his way to the end.

I guess this season's winner joins Bob in the category of "no way where they deserving"...in the other 17 seasons, I feel the jury was objective enough and picked the person that played the best overall game...but in the case of Gabon & Samoa, the majority of the jury was made up of a seemingly-destined-to-win tribe specifically screwed over by game twists (tribal shifts, hidden idols, etc..).

Thought you might all like this, it just won the Survivor Sucks award for Best Photo Chop of '09:

Survivor: Samoa in 60 Seconds

Agreed that this season wasn't much. In fact, without Russell, it would've been the worst. All of those bland personalities and no big game moves. Russell elevated it above at least five of them though...maybe it was even on par with Tocantins which was really only saved by Coach.

Earlier, someone was comparing Terry to Russell which is why I brought that up.

Excellent Survivor Seasons Ranking From Sucks

That above link is a pretty interesting survey and a lot of fun to gauge the overall reactions of the fan community. Personally, I think Vanuatu was a piece of garbage and is way overrated while Cook Islands gets an unfair rap as it had some great characters & an excellent set of twists/themes.

My ranking....

Classic:

1. Borneo - S1
2. Australian Outback - S2
3. Pearl Islands - S7
4. Amazon - S6
5. Marquesas - S4
6. China - S12

Great:

7. Gabon - S17
8. Micronesia - S16
9. Panama - Exile Island - S12
10. Guatemala - S11

Good:

11. Cook Islands - S13
12. Palau - S10

Fair:

13. Tocantins - S18
14. Samoa - S19

Terrible:

15. Vanuatu - S9
16. Fiji - S14
17. Thailand - S5
18. Africa - S3
19. All Stars - S8

Overall, my ratings are pretty in line with the fans. I disagree greatly on All Stars/Vanuatu which were generally well liked and Cook Islands which was generally hated. Only other thing I can point out is that Micronesia still seems way overrated in my mind (especially by Jeff Probst who calls it the greatest season). It's epic failing for me is the entirety of the "fans" tribe which was the dullest group of people in the show's nineteen seasons. Samoa was generally awful aside from Russell, probably their worst cast ever aside from him.

And what the hell, winners by gameplay...

Top Tier: Richard/Tina/Brian/Sandra/Tom/Earl/Parvati

Middle Tier: Ethan/Jenna/Chris/Todd/JT (ended up so well positioned because of coach, but I can't lower him too much because he played solid otherwise)

Lower Tier: Vecepia (plenty of mistakes, it just all fell into place towards the end)/Aras (dude tried to get to the end against Cirie. Nuff said)/Yul (invincible idol) /Natalie (bitter jury mars things, but she was integral in getting out Erik)

Ugh: Amber (the biggest C-lister unexpectedly slid under the alphas)/Bob (doesn't get much worse than a guy that refused to play the game winning due to a bitter jury and some girl with daddy issues practically dragging him to the money)/Danni (credits God for her win and won due to the over thinking of a relative Survivor genius named Rafe)

Back
Top Bottom