SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a terrible season.

Weakest players in a long time. Rob has become unbearable. The three girls who act like his lemming harem - can't even tell them apart, not sure whether they have one brain between them. Philip is kind of entertaining on occasion, I'll give you that. Last episode was so dull no wonder they squeezed a 2-for-1, as it was there was no footage really worth seeing.

This will likely be a three person challenge which is completely unfair to David and a nice bit of luck for the other two.

Actually we don't know, they could keep sending folks to RI and have like a 6 person challenge to get back in the game...slightly interesting twist on things at this point.

Actually we don't know, they could keep sending folks to RI and have like a 6 person challenge to get back in the game...slightly interesting twist on things at this point.

Nah, there's more than one challenge. Jeff tweeted how they won't always be two person duels from her on out.

Plus, that would be the ultimate in unfairness for somebody to navigate their way deep into the merge game and then lose one challenge to Matt who was voted out five places prior. :down:

Why unfair to David?

He made it one step further in the game than Mike, yet he's basically in the same position as Mike/Matt. Meanwhile, Mike/Matt only have to win one challenge instead of two in order to leapfrog the other guys. So, David plays the game better and gets rewarded by being in the exact same position as Matt?

Jeff Probst's Blogs:

Episode 2 - Side bar – Natalie is a very interesting contestant to watch this season. She is so young at only 18 years old (which means she was seven years old when we started! Seven!) but she seems to have a really great head on her shoulders. That’s the reason we put her on the show. She really impressed us during the casting process.

- Natalie has still not proven herself to be an interesting contestant, so clearly she does something major, probably either winning or giving Rob a run for the money.

Episode 4 - I’m really not as biased as I sound, it’s just that I love good drama. If it had been Ralph or Natalie or Russell or even Sarita I would have felt the same way – “Hurry! Hurry!”

- He needlessly mentions Natalie as if she's a major character or warranted attention, despite not being mentioned in the rest of that blog post. And to say she's more of a character than Sarita is pretty laughable, especially at that point in the game.

Episode 6 - NATALIE – I’ve said it before I am so impressed. She is 18 years old. Think about the 18 year olds you know. How many of them could handle themselves this well in this cut-throat environment. Natalie is a long shot to win but IF she can get to the end the jury may feel like I do that based on age alone she has earned the money.

- This one really stood out for me. Like, wtf? This is all speculation on my part, of course. But it almost seems like damage control. We've had plenty of mediocre winners or ones that were questionable when they defeated their final competition. But Boston Rob losing a jury vote to Natalie would just be impossible to try to defend. It almost seems like slight damage control would have to occur early on.

Furthermore, I do think the tables will try to be turned on Rob once Zapatera is out of the picture, but Rob will use the hidden immunity idol as a shield. It likely needs to be used in the Final Six, anyway, so he would just use it right away when it's down to the Ometepe tribe, solely.

He made it one step further in the game than Mike, yet he's basically in the same position as Mike/Matt. Meanwhile, Mike/Matt only have to win one challenge instead of two in order to leapfrog the other guys. So, David plays the game better and gets rewarded by being in the exact same position as Matt?

I didnt know how it worked, so David has to battle against Mike and Matt separately? It's not Mike and Matt first, then the winner battles David?

And Natalie.. seriously? She didnt do shit all season.

I didnt know how it worked, so David has to battle against Mike and Matt separately? It's not Mike and Matt first, then the winner battles David?

No, it will just be a three person competition. That's what is unfair. David should only have to face off against the winner of a Mike/Matt duel. Instead of 50/50 chances, he's getting a one-in-three shot at staying. For Mike/Matt, it's a boon because they only have to be good at one challenge and would've had to face off against the other two guys anyway.

If Rob is in the final 3 anything less than him winning would be a travesty. So far he is played a flawless game. It's a remarkable thing to watch.

A key point in the game should come after this next tribal council, when only two Zapetera are left. At this point if anyone on Ometepe has any sense, those two remaining Zapetera should become very powerful. You don't want to wait till the Final Six to start sorting out who is at the bottom of the pecking order.

If I were say, Grant, Andrea, and Ashely, I'd peel off then and join up with the two Zaps (I'd imagine it would be Steve and Julie) and try to vote out Rob. If I were Rob, I would keep Philip and Natalie with me and attempt to align with the same two Zaptera members and turn on my own team. Rob strikes me as unlikely to do that as he seems pretty confident of the loyalty of his team, and indeed with his buddy system, it does seem unlikely that a threesome could break off. If the bottom 3 of the Ometepe tribe could figure out they are indeed the bottom three and make that move, it would be pretty brilliant. I just wonder if they have the sense and the guts to make that kind of move.

Jeff Probst's Blogs:

Episode 2 - Side bar – Natalie is a very interesting contestant to watch this season. She is so young at only 18 years old (which means she was seven years old when we started! Seven!) but she seems to have a really great head on her shoulders. That’s the reason we put her on the show. She really impressed us during the casting process.

- Natalie has still not proven herself to be an interesting contestant, so clearly she does something major, probably either winning or giving Rob a run for the money.

Episode 4 - I’m really not as biased as I sound, it’s just that I love good drama. If it had been Ralph or Natalie or Russell or even Sarita I would have felt the same way – “Hurry! Hurry!”

- He needlessly mentions Natalie as if she's a major character or warranted attention, despite not being mentioned in the rest of that blog post. And to say she's more of a character than Sarita is pretty laughable, especially at that point in the game.

Episode 6 - NATALIE – I’ve said it before I am so impressed. She is 18 years old. Think about the 18 year olds you know. How many of them could handle themselves this well in this cut-throat environment. Natalie is a long shot to win but IF she can get to the end the jury may feel like I do that based on age alone she has earned the money.

- This one really stood out for me. Like, wtf? This is all speculation on my part, of course. But it almost seems like damage control. We've had plenty of mediocre winners or ones that were questionable when they defeated their final competition. But Boston Rob losing a jury vote to Natalie would just be impossible to try to defend. It almost seems like slight damage control would have to occur early on.

Furthermore, I do think the tables will try to be turned on Rob once Zapatera is out of the picture, but Rob will use the hidden immunity idol as a shield. It likely needs to be used in the Final Six, anyway, so he would just use it right away when it's down to the Ometepe tribe, solely.

Or...Probst thinks she's hot and wants to add her(or possibly already has) to the Probst trophy case.

I liked this week

I thought Probst did a good job at tribal, it would have been easy to edit to make Phillip look like a kook.

Instead they put enough information out to let people understand Phillip's point of view.

Phillip cracks me up and makes me crazy. This was a great episode with lots of laughter. I'm sickened that Phillip would throw out the race card and more of the lot didn't unanimously vote his pink droopy saggy underpants off! I was cracking up about the whole rice thing tho the maggots was disgusting, and praised Julie for burying Phillip's swimsuit! That act wasn't worthy of her being voted out tho. Seems Matt's kind of losing it on Redemption Island. Maybe being there really does mess with your mind?! In that case, I want to see Phillip there!

I wondered tonite if the show's producers could in any way be behind Phillip and all his weirdness and shenanigans.....could they have planted him amongst the group to purposely stir things up? Every season has pretty much had it's goofball but this guy really takes the cake! I mean FRUITCAKE!!!!!

I praised Julie for burying Phillip's swimsuit! That act wasn't worthy of her being voted out tho.

I take the opposite view...no matter how wacky Phillip or anyone else is, stealing their clothes is just wrong (going all the way back to Rupert's "I am a tough guy pirate, I'm going to steal shoes"), and certainly would warrant a voting out, though I'm not sure thats why she went. They normally have decided well before TC who they are gonna vote for, and at TC Phillip was convinced it was Steve who stole his shorts until Julie fessed up, so I think she was going regardless.

omg Phillip! lmfao! :coocoo:

Did you notice when he was talking about racism and his super spy days, he said "when I was a Federal Agent in the agency I worked for I was the only African American out of 67 agents"....he has never said what agency he worked for, so its either:

A. Total bullshit
2. He worked in the post office
Thirdly. All in his mind like Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind"

Naonka better be worried. Phil is making a serious run for her title of Craziest Survivor Ever. I knew he would stay though. He's too valuable for Rob and the rest. Once again, Rob got fed a puzzle.

I didn't find last night's epispde particularly enjoyable. I never enjoy seeing someone really fall apart. Philip was totally wrong about Steve's motivations and it was a sad thing to see him hang it all on race.

I see a vicious circle going on with this tribe. Phil desperately wants to be liked and respected but the more he tries to "stand up for himself" the more outlandish and bizarre his behavior and the more people are turned off by him. In what little we saw of the tribal council it appears that Jeff treated Philip with respect (whether he deserved it or not) and that seemed to really defuse him. Rob has done the same thing (albeit only to his face) and Philip has respeonded with remarkable loyalty.

I found what Julie did despicable--worse than Rupert or Russell or that woman from last season, because of the way that it humiliated Philip. One might argue that Philip walked around in that nasty pink underwear all the time anyway, but the point is that Philip always had a choice. To be forced to go to tribal in his underwear is a different thing altogether. It'd be like if someone had stolen all of Richardh Hatch's clothes and forced him to go to tribal naked. I just thought it was really wrong and served no purpose in the game.

As for Zapetera, they are just pathetic and deserve what they get. No one is even attempting to make a move in this game. The very fact that they would even go so far as alienate the "low man" on the totem pole rather than try to get him to flip shows that they are not playing this game very well.

Did you notice when he was talking about racism and his super spy days, he said "when I was a Federal Agent in the agency I worked for I was the only African American out of 67 agents"....he has never said what agency he worked for, so its either:

A. Total bullshit
2. He worked in the post office
Thirdly. All in his mind like Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind"

A).

But he's so very entertaining.
I cant believe he busted out about race like he did. He's losing his mind, getting way too defensive and probably just delirious. It wasnt cool to bury his shorts but its been done many times before. Rupert and the shoes, Sandra and the fish, Russell and the socks. I thought for sure Phillipp was going home though.

Aside from the fact that he drives people crazy, there really isn't any reason for Phillip to go home. If I'm Rob, I want him in the final 3 because Phillip alienates more people than he does and thus will get more votes that way.

And that was another preview that gave away too much information...

Instead they put enough information out to let people understand Phillip's point of view.

What I understand is why Phillip would take the term 'boy" to be racist.

I do not understand why he would take the term "crazy" to be racist.

He's just a lunatic who finds racism in everything.

Phillip does have some issues.
Many of us do.

When the incident occurred. Phillip said being labeled 'crazy' was boarder-line racist.

I don't know what it is to be a black man or a woman. I don't tell women they are wrong if they believe something said has a 'sexist' tone to it. I try and understand why they feel that way.
In the discussion at tribal council, Probst concluded that Phillip felt being called 'crazy', instead of saying 'what you said is crazy' caused Phillip to believe the remark had a racist tone. Probst also concluded that Steve simply meant that what Phillip was saying was crazy and had no 'racist' intend behind the remark. He asked both of them if they could except that, and they both readily agreed.

pryor,%20richard%20-%20that%20niggers%20crazy%20gdmac.jpg

Voting Julie out was the best move. She should have made a move on the "3 degrees" for an all girl alliance, that has worked in the past. All she would have to do is ask them if any of them thought they could beat Rob?

phillip1-300x170.jpg

Voting Julie out was the best move. She should have made a move on the "3 degrees" for an all girl alliance, that has worked in the past. All she would have to do is ask them if any of them thought they could beat Rob?

It's always best for the head of a tribe to remove the weak links from the opposition. The target would then remain on the strong people from the opposition and you would make it further. Furthering this, Zapatera voting out Sarita would have been a great move even if they had known the merge was coming, simply because if you're taking a look at all of the past seasons of this show, Sarita would have outlasted everyone else on her tribe for simply being a physically weak player.

In the future, all tribes should think of voting out a weak link before the merge. If the merge doesn't show up, you'll have one of your strongest remain to help you in the immunity challenge. If the merge does show up, you'll likely outlast the strong person that you kept in the game since they'll have a much bigger target.

As for what Julie (or Zapatera) could have done, well, for one thing, not fight with Phillip. That simply helped make Julie & Steve look like "them" to Ometepe rather than "us" if they had allowed the rice to be mixed together. Furthermore, Zapatera could give everyone but Boston Rob an ultimatum. "Vote out Rob at tonight's tribal council or we'll give him the million if he makes it to the end." Either way, you'd save yourself or ensure that Rob's target is much bigger at the end. Conversely, the three Zapaterans could have gone up to Rob last night and said, "Look Rob, we know you might be thinking of taking Phillip to the end, but we don't agree with that. Vote him out tonight and we'd all greatly consider voting for you at the end. Don't do it and you're screwed." Rob would have virtually no option whatsoever but to remove Phillip, and in doing so, would probably guarantee a win at the end for himself.

This Redemption Island nonsense is irritating. So, Matt doesn't win the challenge and gets to stay around? So, he could technically be voted out twice, do so-so in the remaining Redemption Island challenges (but win the final one) and then go on to have a great shot at the million since he voted nobody out on the jury. Pfft.

Also, information on the finale and how many players there will be:

Jeff said in an interview that there would be eight people still in the game when the finale starts. Based on the call sheets that circulated, the final Redemption Island duel will involve four people and the winner would hop into the game with the Final 4, turning it back into a Final 5. Supposedly, a twist in the next episode or two will involve two back-to-back tribal councils which will then give us four people at Redemption Island through the finale.

^ that is well thought out :up:

I will also add that Phillip is not the most delusional person this season.

Racism is real, he may have gotten the call wrong.

Matt playing 'the God card'? that is delusional.

Matt playing 'the God card'? that is delusional.
What "God card" is Matt playing? He's not saying "I will win because God is on my side". He's not saying "Don't vote me out, I love God". He's saying "God, I want to glorify you in what I do".

Phil deserved to have his shorts taken. He is a complete shithead. His race card bullshit was completely ludicrous. I don't know what I'm looking forward to more: Seeing who wins Survivor or seeing if Phil's story is horseshit or not.

Back
Top Bottom