SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm guessing we're looking at a final 3 this time out.
But who knows till we get there.

Actually, you're right about a final 3. I saw Probst discuss this in an interview a while ago. He said they decided to go with 3 this season and probably next season also because it makes better TV.

If I remember correctly, I think he said there are several reasons for it. One reason was that the last few days if there's only two contestants, it's boring as hell. Strategy is over and they're just hanging out. The other reason is that whoever wins that immunity idol with 3 people left will get rid of the person who would make the best TV.

Here is the interview (I'm too lazy to re watch it)

Last edited:
Jeff... "Ralph, do you see your tribe as a cohesive unit?"

Ralph "Jeff, I don't know what cohesive means" :lol:

I think Rob will solidify his team, methodically pick off the other tribe one by one, then start eating his own.

He's gonna keep Grant and two of the girls with him. Then, he'll get tight with one of the girls and promise to go to the finals (probably the one who is least likeable/ does the least work). They'll team up to boot Grant, then boot the other girl.

Rob will beat the girl by virtue of being a brilliant player and a general dislike/ disrespect of the girl he takes to final 2.

I 100% guarantee it. But I could be wrong :wink:

I do like this scenario and can see it playing out! :up:

Matty has to be on the dumbass Mt. Rushmore now, with James and the dude who threw the final immunity challenge...

I dont know but Rob cracks me the fuck up. Makin up the tribe name :lol:

I was totally taken by surprise that Redemption Island was going to continue. Crazy.

David seemed quite impressed by the move that Rob orchestrated...I believe his caption said "genius is what that move was".
I was laughing all through the vote reading...as soon as I saw "Steve" written down, I knew where it was heading...great stuff.
The only thing better would have been Ralph standing up saying "I'm playing this idol for Mike", and then Ralph getting voted out...that would have been the greatest thing ever, but this worked out pretty well.
So now when does Matt come back off RI again...final 5 or so?

I wonder how dumb Julie felt watching last night after saying how "beautiful" the tribe name Murlonio was and finding out it was named after a stuffed animal.

I guess the Big Guy wanted Matt to really earn his way through Survivor. :wink: It's probably good that he's on RI. He doesn't have to deal with all of the social machinations going on at camp. Admittedly, he's said that he's not really the greatest social player. Instead, his focus remains solely on defeating whomever faces him in a dual. RI is pretty much his home away from home. He's almost playing a parallel game to the others at camp. He owns RI right now, so he's just waiting around for them to feed him another unlucky opponent. Just think, if he wins the whole thing, we're never gonna hear the end of how God helped him out. :wink:

-Phil continues his madness.

-Rob continues his brilliance.

I think it's safe to say that Matt will get back into the game. I'm thinking he goes back once they start selecting the jury. I doubt it would go much closer to the end than that.

The strategy is sound, but I would've kept Matt for another round or so and gotten rid of Mike while they had the chance. He's going to be strong in the challenges and it was a good opportunity to ditch him there. They could have always gone with Matt after that; he obviously wasn't flipping.

They did flush out the idol though. I wonder if another one will come into play now...

I think it's safe to say that Matt will get back into the game. I'm thinking he goes back once they start selecting the jury. I doubt it would go much closer to the end than that.

The strategy is sound, but I would've kept Matt for another round or so and gotten rid of Mike while they had the chance. He's going to be strong in the challenges and it was a good opportunity to ditch him there. They could have always gone with Matt after that; he obviously wasn't flipping.

They did flush out the idol though. I wonder if another one will come into play now...

If they went after Mike, they'd have lost Grant, as Man Sweater played his idol "for Mike".

Just think, if he wins the whole thing, we're never gonna hear the end of how God helped him out. :wink:
-Rob continues his brilliance.

What I like is that even though he got voted out, he didn't get mad at God, like that dude from the buffalo Bills did when he dropped a pass.

Yeah, he's gotta be nice to the Big Guy. He holds Matt's fate in His hands. :wink:

One thing I find interesting about Matt is that he doesn't say "I'm here to kick butt with God's help". He says "I'm here to glorify God".He can still do that even if he gets voted back to RI 100 times. When he said "God's will was contradictory to mine", I initially laughed to myself and said "God's will didn't cause this, you trusting Rob caused this". And I do know that is true, but maybe, just maybe, God really was leading him in staying true to his tribe. After all, what means more to God - if we praise him and glorify him when we're on top of the world and winning, or if we praise him and glorify him when we're losing and on bottom of the world?

^As a Christian myself, I do have an issue with Matt typing his decision as the moral "right" thing or what "God wanted him to do." I respect that he felt that way, and I believe he was sincere and in that sense, perhaps he did do the right thing in that he stayed true to his conscience.

But objectively, I don't think his decision was particularly noble or godly.

One thing I find interesting about Matt is that he doesn't say "I'm here to kick butt with God's help". He says "I'm here to glorify God".He can still do that even if he gets voted back to RI 100 times. When he said "God's will was contradictory to mine", I initially laughed to myself and said "God's will didn't cause this, you trusting Rob caused this". And I do know that is true, but maybe, just maybe, God really was leading him in staying true to his tribe. After all, what means more to God - if we praise him and glorify him when we're on top of the world and winning, or if we praise him and glorify him when we're losing and on bottom of the world?

But its a well known fact that God watches American Idol on Wednesdays and flips to Minute to Win It during commercials, so he probably didn't see any of what went down last night.

But its a well known fact that God watches American Idol on Wednesdays and flips to Minute to Win It during commercials, so he probably didn't see any of what went down last night.

Ah, but you forget God's omnipresence. . . :wink:

Everybody kind of had a brain fart and forgot about the one Redemption Island "spoiler" that's out there. A call sheet for the crew near the end of the game leaked out (someone found it in the trash at a restaurant)....it didn't reveal much except some challenge names and when the last RI duel is....

The duel winner will return at Final Five, so in the finale episode.

I really think Matt will win the remaining duels and be voted out once again, becoming the first person to be voted out of Survivor three times in one season. Jerri, Rupert and Cirie are the only other players to be voted out three times while Boston Rob has a chance to join that club, of course. Burton is the only other player to be voted out twice in the same game.

Boston Rob is about to become the fourth person to make it to 100 days in their Survivor career. He will do so in the first morning of the next episode, tying Rupert for third on the all-time list. He would need to make it to the Final 6 in order to tie Parvati, and further to surpass her.

I really think Matt will win the remaining duels and be voted out once again

Yeah, I don't think you're alone with that prediction. Anyone they feed Matt at RI will be defeated. As a result, he'll be too big of a threat in the game and be voted out. Unless, of course, he's able to capture the Immunity Idol to stay alive. If he does that, then he's truly worthy of being the sole Survivor.

^As a Christian myself, I do have an issue with Matt typing his decision as the moral "right" thing or what "God wanted him to do." I respect that he felt that way, and I believe he was sincere and in that sense, perhaps he did do the right thing in that he stayed true to his conscience.

But objectively, I don't think his decision was particularly noble or godly.

I don't think there would have been anything wrong with Matt siding with the other tribe, but if Matt thinks he was led for some reason to stay with Rob, then he was doing what he should have done. I can't even say that God wasn't leading him in that direction.

I really think Matt will win the remaining duels

I hope so, but I really doubt it. He'll have stronger opponents, namely Mike and eventually Grant, I think.

This is my dream scenario:

Matt keeps winning RI and on the last duel, Rob is sent to RI. Winner goes back to game. Matt wins.

Ah yes, forgot about that.

They should have taken Steve out then.

I was saying that while watching. If he had gone along with what he told Matt and took Steve out, and flushed the idol, he'd have a 6 or 7 to 4 edge depending on Matt, he could then take Matt out if he wants and retain complete control until his minions smarten up and try to subvert him...the way it stands now he has a 6-5 numbers edge, so it only takes one minion to flip and throw his alliance into a tailspin. They are trying to make us think Grant does that with next week's preview, but I doubt Grant will be the one to flip, I think its clever editing again...if Phillip wasn't such a fruit loop I think he'd be the logical flipper...who knows maybe none do and they pick off the others , in fact I could see David trying to join in with Rob.

Back
Top Bottom