SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't matter if the reshuffles harm or help people. My point is that the producers throw in things designed to impact the game toward specified outcomes.

Yes, they do. In advance, before the players get there and before they have even decided who is on what tribe. Again, everything is planned out in advance with the exception of the occasional injury leading them to get rid of a double boot or turning a Final Three into a Final Two. Otherwise, all of the tribe shuffles have been determined to happen at a certain point well in advance. Plus, how can you say they're meant to help a certain person when every shuffle has been either random or the result of a tribe making a decision (almost always not knowing it was a shuffle)?

Let's not forget that when they're out there they don't know what all of the big storylines will be in the editing room or how the audience will react to a certain player.

Fuck yeah for Rob finding the idol. Rob :drool:

I cant believe Russell is gone. And he cried. lmao.

I hope Kristina kicks Matt's ass at Redemption Island. I dont know why but I like her.

Rob's team might have won that challenge if they still had Matt with them.

Philip is pretty (OK, very) useless, couldn't handle the saw very well, methinks if it were Matt and Grant on the saws they'd have gone much faster and had a shot.

Mike on the other team was a sawing machine.

Russell crying...too funny.

I like the human sweater, but could do without his "crowing".

Rob has got it made with that team. They are doing whatever he says to do. Grant follows him around like a puppy dog.

But if they don't start winning some more challenges, I don't know how far he'll get after the merge, although the idol is certainly helpful.

As bad as Phillip is, they made the right move getting rid of Kristina. Just too smart of a player to keep around.

Plus, how can you say they're meant to help a certain person when every shuffle has been either random or the result of a tribe making a decision (almost always not knowing it was a shuffle)?

In the case of tribe reshuffles, the producers can't know it will help someone. But they do know that it will change the situation and give that person a chance when otherwise they would have none.

Fuck yeah for Rob finding the idol. Rob :drool:

I'm getting so sick of him. I think I like him even less than the first 2 times he was on (he was tolerable on H vs V).

His tribe are a bunch of idiots. I can't believe how "sheepish" they are. But then again, most of these people are recruits and many probably don't have the history of watching all seasons, so they may not know exactly how good a player he is.

I cant believe Russell is gone. And he cried. lmao.

I had a feeling it was him, based on the description of last night's episode "reduces a castaway to tears when he is out of the game for good". I figured it would be Russell, based on his history of throwing tantrums when things don't go his way. And he certainly didn't disappoint in that aspect.

I hope Kristina kicks Matt's ass at Redemption Island. I dont know why but I like her.

Kristina's ok with me, as well. I hope Matt wins every Red Island challenge. But if Kristian winds, I certainly wouldn't pull a Russell and cry about it.

Aww, poor Russell. Somebody took his Survivor game away. Boo Hoo! Good move not to vote off Phil. He's too big of a fool to let go. Kristina was more of threat.

I think Boston Rob's tribe will win at the merge and the winner will come from their camp. They'll hit the merge without the numbers, but they'll swing over Stephanie/Krista which will give them what they need. I could see it being seven-to-five at the merge and flipping to the opposite direction thanks to those two. Then, when Matt returns (seems inevitable at this point), he'll have no choice but to rejoin Rob's alliance with Andrea or else try and flip with her to the other four just to force a measly tie.

From there, I think Natalie emerges the winner thanks to her social skills. Rob talked earlier about propping her up and carrying her to the end. As for Rob, he'll be sent home somewhere between the Final Six and Final Four since he's too much of a threat to take to the end.

Jeff interviews Russell
Jeff Probst

Also what's up with them having to throw their buffs in the fire after leaving Redemption?

Also what's up with them having to throw their buffs in the fire after leaving Redemption?

Just some symbolism akin to the snuffing of a torch. It's pretty needless to be honest and I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it later on.

Redemption Island is here to stay though. There's two reasons why it's great:

1) The extra bit of time it takes up means we're getting only one challenge per episode which means extra time at camp/character development.

2) Extra character development for the early castoffs, meaning virtually everybody gets the limelight and a chance to shine, making the editing far more balanced (unless you're a returning ham named Boston Rob).

Redemption Island is here to stay though. There's two reasons why it's great:

1) The extra bit of time it takes up means we're getting only one challenge per episode which means extra time at camp/character development.

Not really. Redemption Island is simply taking the place of what the second challenge would have been. The difference in time isn't that significant.

I like it though. And it gives people who are attending extra information, which is then interesting to see how they use it.

YES! can't even remember when there was one of those it has been so long! would love to see Phillip have to eat something with 250 legs! :hyper::hyper:

Back
Top Bottom