SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loved, loved, loved the change in Stephanie's facial expression when the 3rd vote for her came out instead of a 4th vote for the human sweater.

Loved, loved, loved the change in Stephanie's facial expression when the 3rd vote for her came out instead of a 4th vote for the human sweater.

By the end of tribal council I was kind of hoping they'd vote Stephanie off and keep Russell. But I suppose there's next week for that...

By the end of tribal council I was kind of hoping they'd vote Stephanie off and keep Russell. But I suppose there's next week for that...

At one point during TC I asked my wife, "Is she Russell's agent?"...she thought she was making a great move by aligning with him, now she's persona non grata...and wtf with her comment to Julie "there's a storm coming"...talk about idle threat, girl has no power at all...her only redeeming quality is she's decent to look at, but once that mouth opens...

How much you wanna bet Russell will worm his way back into the game from Redemption Island?

I don't see anybody voted out this early making it back in. Obviously no idea when they come back, but gotta figure its somewhere around the merge/beginning of jury...so Russell would have to win like 7-8 "duels", I think the person who returns will be one of the last 2 or 3 sent there.

I dunno, Sicy. Russell isn't some kind of challenge power-house. I think the Redemption Island player will return when there are 11 others on the merge tribe which would mean the returning player would make the jury at the very least. If that's the case....

Next Week: Russell beats Matt, joined by newcomer (16 left in game)

Week After: 15 Left In Game

Week After: 14 Left In Game

Week After: 13 Left In Game

Week After: 12 Left In Game *

That's the earliest I could see him come back....merged tribe of 12 votes someone to RI and that person switches places with Russell. They would then keep the Redemption Island thing going until, presumably, the final five. Russell would have to win four duels at the very least.

There could be a double boot episode coming up, perhaps, with a three-way face off at Redemption Island.

I cant see them bringing Russell back with all this hype only to have him to home so early though.

I cant see them bringing Russell back with all this hype only to have him to home so early though.

But that's what happens when you leave the game up to the players involved...if Russell loses the challenge, he's toast. Of course the producers would have loved him and Boston Rob to stay in as long as possible, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

I really don't see Boston Rob not making the merge at this point. They'd be at a completely insurmountable disadvantage physically to vote him out, leaving their tribe with two men - Phillip & Grant.

Well yeah, that's a good point. We do know that the producers have a history of seeming to tailor specific challenges to the strengths of specific players. Matt might well just be be playing the role of producer's fodder to Russell at this point.

The next 3 duels lined up for redemption island are:

1. Find an idol with no clue.
2. Be a troll.
3. Piss off as many people as you can

Well yeah, that's a good point. We do know that the producers have a history of seeming to tailor specific challenges to the strengths of specific players.

Um...what? This has never happened as far as I can tell and they plan out all of a season's challenge well before anyone gets there along with any twists.

russellmattredemption.jpg

I tend to agree

I think Russell is a ratings booster, and this show has ways of fixing the competitions for desired outcomes.

They know each players strong points and weaknesses, if the competition is wrestle the opponent off of a platform, who has the advantage?

Um...what? This has never happened as far as I can tell and they plan out all of a season's challenge well before anyone gets there along with any twists.

have you gone to the CBS site and read the rules and regulations

let me save you some time

it says CBS can change the rules when ever they want for any out come they want.

CBS knows the integrity of the show is worth far more than ensuring they get an extra episode out of Russell. I'm positive that the rest of the Redemption Island challenges will be stuff like last night's - things were no player really has a given advantage because of their physical size (or lack thereof). And honestly, I'm not sure what sort of challenge they could throw Russell's way that would give him an advantage over anybody else, especially Matt.

Granted, whomever wins next week's challenge will probably win a few more since a bunch of weak women will likely be coming their way next. Even still, it would take a streak of Colby/Ozzy/Terry proportions for either Matt or Russell to make it back into this game.

I've watched every season, and I have seen quite a few times when an underdog needed a miracle to survive and lo and behold, that next immunity challenge seemed tailored to the person's strength.

Off the top of my head, I can remember that scenario with Courtney (the anorexic blond) in her first season. I don't remember what challenge it was, but I remember thinking "give her something she's good at", and they did.

Courtney excelled at a whopping one challenge...an individual immunity where you sat on a log. And what would be the point of the producers putting that challenge in at such a given point (again, they had already constructed the challenge). Courtney was in the majority alliance and never needed individual immunity, anyway.

Again, all of the challenges are constructed in advance while the game's twists and when the challenges will occur are determined in advance as well. There are the occasional seasons were somebody was injured post-merge and things were shuffled a bit (or an extra challenge thrown in), but aside from that, it's all predetermined. Maybe once in a while you might think something comes along that suits a particular player, but how about the 99% of the time when it doesn't whatsoever?

Deep, all game shows have such a stipulation as what you mentioned. Survivor has never changed the rules mid-game, etc. But they do have rule changes and new twists in various seasons. If they could, yes, the show could do what it wanted and alter the format of the game if they chose to. It's never been done in the 22 seasons so far, but it always could happen.

Courtney excelled at a whopping one challenge...an individual immunity where you sat on a log. And what would be the point of the producers putting that challenge in at such a given point (again, they had already constructed the challenge). Courtney was in the majority alliance and never needed individual immunity, anyway.

Again, all of the challenges are constructed in advance while the game's twists and when the challenges will occur are determined in advance as well. There are the occasional seasons were somebody was injured post-merge and things were shuffled a bit (or an extra challenge thrown in), but aside from that, it's all predetermined. Maybe once in a while you might think something comes along that suits a particular player, but how about the 99% of the time when it doesn't whatsoever?

You're right, it was Heroes vs. Villains in which Courtney was the outcast. I specifically remember Russell or Coach telling here and Sandra that they would be the next to go. I remember Rob being surprised that Coach or Russell would say that.

You'll never convince me that the producers don't do things to affect outcome. I think that it's even the case with some tribe reshuffles. Numerous times, someone would be on the outs with their tribe, need a miracle, and voila - here comes a tribe reshuffle.

Finally saw the last episode. I wonder if Julie had made up her mind by TC and then changed it when Stephanie went off on everyone. It certainly didn't help her cause, although she would've been the next one most likely gone regardless. At least the blonde kept her mouth shut.

I can't blame them for throwing that challenge, but I'm betting it comes back to bite them in the ass.

Numerous times, someone would be on the outs with their tribe, need a miracle, and voila - here comes a tribe reshuffle.

The bulk of tribe shuffles have usually done more harm than good for anyone. Very rarely have a couple of outsiders escaped thanks to a shuffle. If Todd hadn't given James the idol (and information on the second idol), he could have been a victim of his tribe throwing a challenge. Silas got screwed over by a thrown challenge. Gina (one of Marquesas' biggest characters) was eventually. lost thanks to a tribe shuffle. Brian in Guatemala got the deck stacked against him, etc.

There's been a few beneficiaries such as Sugar, but usually the tribe reshuffling screws over more people than it really helps.

I don't think it was wise to have thrown that challenge, but I sure got a laugh out of seeing Russell voted to Redemption Island! There is a very good chance he could end up going home!

The bulk of tribe shuffles have usually done more harm than good for anyone. Very rarely have a couple of outsiders escaped thanks to a shuffle. If Todd hadn't given James the idol (and information on the second idol), he could have been a victim of his tribe throwing a challenge. Silas got screwed over by a thrown challenge. Gina (one of Marquesas' biggest characters) was eventually. lost thanks to a tribe shuffle. Brian in Guatemala got the deck stacked against him, etc.

There's been a few beneficiaries such as Sugar, but usually the tribe reshuffling screws over more people than it really helps.

Doesn't matter if the reshuffles harm or help people. My point is that the producers throw in things designed to impact the game toward specified outcomes.

Doesn't matter if the reshuffles harm or help people. My point is that the producers throw in things designed to impact the game toward specified outcomes.

I am so glad to hear someone else voicing this. What it all boils down to is ratings which is money for the TV moguls. Whatever gets the ratings.....brings in the money.

Back
Top Bottom