SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope so, but I really doubt it. He'll have stronger opponents, namely Mike and eventually Grant, I think.

I agree that I don't think Matt survives to return this time. If nobody flips sides next week, Mike will be his first opponent unless he wins individual immunity...any physical challenge would seem to be advantage Mike. He could also end up doing a puzzle against Rob, some other physical athletic duel against Grant or a make an ass out of yourself duel against Phillip, all scenarios where he's a decided underdog.

I wonder, too, if Matt will survive the RI this time..he seemed defeated mentally as he trudged off to RI in last night's episode, and wonders to himself why no one likes him...that does not sound strong to me...sounds defeated...but maybe with a new day dawning he will get his fighting spirit back

:lol: A lot of people are going to be laughing about the tribe name Rob made up for a long time! How on earth he kept a straight face when he recommended the name to his fellow tribe is beyond me! :up:

^As a Christian myself, I do have an issue with Matt typing his decision as the moral "right" thing or what "God wanted him to do."

As a lapsed Christian, I can put on my old thinking cap and say,
God sent Matt a guardian angle in the form of that other tribe member Mike, he told him God's plan - to go after the God-mocking Rob alliance. Matt and Andrea even read scripture with Mike, while Rob laughed.

But Matt, whose faith was tested,
was led into temptation by Rob and he paid the price.

I wonder, too, if Matt will survive the RI this time..he seemed defeated mentally as he trudged off to RI in last night's episode, and wonders to himself why no one likes him...that does not sound strong to me...sounds defeated...but maybe with a new day dawning he will get his fighting spirit back

I agree. I think this second time being voted out really took the wind out of his sails. I think he's done.

As a lapsed Christian, I can put on my old thinking cap and say,
God sent Matt a guardian angle in the form of that other tribe member Mike, he told him God's plan - to go after the God-mocking Rob alliance. Matt and Andrea even read scripture with Mike, while Rob laughed.

But Matt, whose faith was tested,
was led into temptation by Rob and he paid the price.

:) All kidding aside, I basically agree with you. What really got Matt was his naivete.

He apparently forgot that Jesus "was not entrusting himself to them, for he knew all men" (John 2:24). Jesus may have a nice guy but He was no sucker.

He also forgot that Jesus advised his disciples to be "wise as serpants and harmless as doves."

If Matt doesn't win, I'm for Phillip. His wackiness has grown on me.

I feel like not a lot of time has been spent letting us even get to know the other team! most air time has been spent profiling Rob and Phillip and their team...hopefully, now that the teams are merged, we can know something about the other players!....Ralph and whoever else is on that team:shrug:

I agree. I don't like final threes. And this is, what, four seasons in a row now?

The element of the final immunity winner casting the single vote for who he takes to the final is one of the best parts of the game, IMO. You don't get that with a final three.

I agree as well. And generally it's never a three way contest any way. There's always one person that has no shot at all, gets no votes, and the real competition is between the other two.

It's like third-party candidates in U.S. politics.

I prefer final two as well. Seems like forever since they've done it. I doubt they will go back.

My guess would be to prevent a landslide

one popular contestant vs one hated contestant?

but with 3, what would happen if say, Russell Hantz got 3 votes and the two other candidates each got 2 votes?

would he win with only 3 of 7 votes?

My guess would be to prevent a landslide

one popular contestant vs one hated contestant?

but with 3, what would happen if say, Russell Hantz got 3 votes and the two other candidates each got 2 votes?

would he win with only 3 of 7 votes?

Yes he would.
What I am waiting for is Rob to get 3 votes, Grant to get 3 votes and Natalie to get 1 vote so we have a tie ( a scenario which can't happen with a final 2 and an odd numbered jury), and see how that is dealt with.

So how many folks are going to duel it out on Redemption Island?

Phillip, as wacky as he is, seems to know exactly whats going on...scary.

Rob was starting to get a bit cocky in his confessionals, thats usually a bad thing.

So how many folks are going to duel it out on Redemption Island?

Phillip, as wacky as he is, seems to know exactly whats going on...scary.

I had been liking Phil lately, but I went back to the Anti-Phil club after last night.

Rob was starting to get a bit cocky in his confessionals, thats usually a bad thing.

Starting to get cocky?

I don't think it signals trouble for Rob, one way or the other. Phillip might try to oust him near the end, but I doubt it once he sees the resentment brewing against Rob.

Earlier in the season (like Episode Two, I believe), Rob talked about carrying Natalie on his shoulders to the end. Later, he talked about taking Natalie/Ashley, and now, Phillip/Natalie, of course. If Rob's Final Three comes to fruition, Natalie will become a millionaire. Most of Zapatera along with some wronged members of Ometepe (such as Matt), will be jealous/angry of Rob and refuse to give him the check. Basically, Natalie is the new Amber.

Natalie Votes: Ashley/Matt/Julie/Ralph/Mike/Steve/Andrea?
Rob Votes: David/Grant
Phillip Votes: none

Rob will have a fair shot at winning if the jury doesn't start until Final 10. If the two losers on Redemption Island are sent home, rather than to Ponderosa, then he stands a much better shot since two of those people are very unlikely to sign their name to his check.

Rob losing at all would make him the most wronged person in the history of the show. No question.

Rob losing at all would make him the most wronged person in the history of the show. No question.

That would be true against Nathalie.

But if Matt should somehow win RI and get back into the game and be in final 3, he deserves it every bit as mcuh as Rob, but for a different reason - physical survival and endurance against Rob's strategy.

Good grief, if Nathalie wins, oh my goodness, how absolutely horrible.

I don't think it signals trouble for Rob, one way or the other. Phillip might try to oust him near the end, but I doubt it once he sees the resentment brewing against Rob.

Earlier in the season (like Episode Two, I believe), Rob talked about carrying Natalie on his shoulders to the end. Later, he talked about taking Natalie/Ashley, and now, Phillip/Natalie, of course. If Rob's Final Three comes to fruition, Natalie will become a millionaire. Most of Zapatera along with some wronged members of Ometepe (such as Matt), will be jealous/angry of Rob and refuse to give him the check. Basically, Natalie is the new Amber.

Natalie Votes: Ashley/Matt/Julie/Ralph/Mike/Steve/Andrea?
Rob Votes: David/Grant
Phillip Votes: none

Rob will have a fair shot at winning if the jury doesn't start until Final 10. If the two losers on Redemption Island are sent home, rather than to Ponderosa, then he stands a much better shot since two of those people are very unlikely to sign their name to his check.

I think this scenario or one very close to it is highly likely.
Rob really will have to convince the jury that he deserves the million for being in control, but I see much of the likely jury to vote against him due to petty spite just like All Stars. Rob clearly should have won all stars, he dominated that season in most every aspect.

Here if he is in a final 3, he is likely deserving of the win again, and if he were a first time player, good chance he gets it. But since everyone knows he has played 4 times now, his chances of receiving the requisite jury votes are slim. Obviously he wants Phillip beside him, but is there another person he could take who he could beat? He needs someone (besides Phillip) to emerge as a major annoyance to everyone and have that person be the 3rd member of the final 3.

Back
Top Bottom