SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy sh*t, all this time I didn't realize there was a Survivor thread. Doh!

At least I found it before Phillip and his peach panties got sent packing :ohmy:

Rob's sidekick that went to the duel with him (can't remember his name right now), what a doofus for giving Rob the idol. :doh:

Glad though, as I want Rob to finally win this thing.

He didn't give him the idol, only the latest clue, which he didn't even need.

Rob is playing brilliantly - it's quite fun to watch. Of course, it helps that his tribe is clueless.

Otherwise, kind of a boring and predictable episode.

Just as I (and everyone else, surely) predicted, Rob has this game once the merge comes. Regardless of who wins immunity next week, Rob's alliance will have six people in a 12 person merge thanks to either winning next week's challenge or having Stephanie flip. So, Zapatera is pretty much dead in the water which has been hinted at quite a bit lately. I imagine that somebody like David won't want a tie and would rather secure themselves a final 7 slot than risk everything for a final 6 slot. Plus, he knows that he's on the outs with his tribe.

I really do feel that Phillip will get the better of Rob at some point late in the merge. Andrea will be a huge asset to him and she's certainly willing to do it after what happened to Matt. Plus, who knows what craziness will ensue as I get the feeling Matt will be joining the merge tribe once they're down to 11 (bringing them back up to 12), so that's just around the corner.

I stand corrected, it was the clue not the idol. However, Rob will find the idol with that clue so it's the same situation.

I agree that it is great to watch if you're a Rob fan because you get to see him really playing the game.

On Heroes vs Villains, his game got thwarted too early but an idiotic Jerry Manthey.

They had better have Shane in the next season of returning players...Jonathan and Russell stole his spots in Micronesia and Heroes vs. Villains at the last minute, respectively. Jeff Probst said in the TV Guide preview for HvV that they wanted Shane on real bad, but he ultimately didn't make the cast due to similar personalities and looking at the number of players from a given season (Panama had two other reps, Cirie/Danielle).

Hey, watch it NY...that shithead (Shane) was from California...his kid was named Boston. He isn't from here, nor would we allow him to move here. :D

Ok, thanks for setting me straight. :wink: My sincerest apologies. Glad to hear you wouldn't allow him in Beantown.

Alright, so I'll go with Ometepe losing the immunity challenge this week, leading to them ousting Ashley from the tribe. Next week would then be a merge at 12 with Stephanie/David defecting to Boston Rob's side, blindsiding Ralph who goes home with the idol in his pocket.

Week after that, Matt rejoins the merged tribe. Sarita/Steve/Mike/Julie are dealt with next. Then, Rob blindsides Matt once again. His alliance then chucks out David/Stephanie.

We're now down to a group of five that includes Andrea, Natalie, Grant, Phillip and Rob. Phillip utilizes his alliance with Andrea to help her get revenge and they overthrow Rob. Grant wins the final immunity challenge and the $1 million, taking Phillip and one of the girls to the end (likely Andrea since she already has Phillip's vote in her corner).

I think the main story-arc lately (and for the rest of the season) is that 1) Zapatera is too cocky & 2) Rob controls the entire game up until the very end when he's overthrown by Phillip.

Did anyone else almost die laughing when Ashley said "I've worked hard all my life; I was a basketball player and was in pageants".

Ha ha.

Phillip is on crack but lol.

Fucking Stephanie. I like her. I dont think she can beat Matt though. He's just kickin everyone's ass.

Phillip is on crack but lol.

Fucking Stephanie. I like her. I dont think she can beat Matt though. He's just kickin everyone's ass.

Agree with both of these sentiments.

Matt is easily the dullest castaway of the entire season, and now he's going to take out another one of the most interesting. Ugh.

Ultimately, I guess the Krista/Stephanie flip won't be happening. Instead, the merge is probably at 10 which means Boston Rob's tribe gets the upper hand by winning the next two challenges. I could be wrong, but when you look at Zapatera, do any of those people remotely scream out "winner"?

Now thinking Matt will come back at Final 9, ballooning the merge tribe back to 10. I also think that another round of Redemption Island will begin in the merge state of the game, resulting in a player coming back when there's four left (making it a Final Five for the finale episode).

Somebody owes Grant a shirt.

Sad to see Stephanie go, she was easy on the eyes and a feisty player (Probst even said she had "Spunk", but that's another thread entirely), don't think she'll hang long on Redemption Isle, since its the Lord's will that Matt keeps winning as we learned. Matt also now has the power of a pink Bible on his side.

Phillip has to ba an actor planted by the producers, on April 1st they'll reveal its all a joke, nobody can really be that warped in the brain. At least we were spared any pink panties shots this week.

I could be wrong, but when you look at Zapatera, do any of those people remotely scream out "winner"?

Not unless they put Charlie Sheen on the tribe.

None of them seem to have any real strategy going for them (maybe a little from David), and there's very little personality amongst the 6 of them.

Somebody owes Grant a shirt.

Sad to see Stephanie go, she was easy on the eyes and a feisty player (Probst even said she had "Spunk", but that's another thread entirely), don't think she'll hang long on Redemption Isle, since its the Lord's will that Matt keeps winning as we learned. Matt also now has the power of a pink Bible on his side.

Phillip has to ba an actor planted by the producers, on April 1st they'll reveal its all a joke, nobody can really be that warped in the brain. At least we were spared any pink panties shots this week.

:lol:

The Matt thing in particular really gets my hide. The religious nuts are irksome enough, but when they think that the supposed creator of the universe gives a damn about the outcome of some reality show, well, that's just Philsane.

beautyqueens.jpg

Nicely done :D I love those.

My alltime favorite is of course
mkeatyoricend8.gif

The Matt thing in particular really gets my hide. The religious nuts are irksome enough, but when they think that the supposed creator of the universe gives a damn about the outcome of some reality show, well, that's just Philsane.

Matt is probably the first Christian on a reality show that hasn't been a total embarrassment to me as a Christian.

I don't tend to think that God picks sides in any type of game, but beyond that belief, I think he's handled himself with class, dignity, and humility.

I'm really not getting the criticism here. How is that any different than praying before a sporting event or a test? Especially when they're tired, hungry, stressed out, etc. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom