SURVIVOR - Redemption Island - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:50 PM
I really don't think I'll like this season very much. I'm tired of looking at and hearing Russell. Phillip drives me insane. Plus, the recruit phenomenon makes me upset. All these people trying out for the show and most of the people who wind up on the show are recruited.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Wow, that was probably one of the wackiest Season Premiere Tribal Councils that I've ever seen. The producers of the show have outdone themselves by selecting Phillip. I loved how they had a question mark next to where it said Federal Agent when they showed his profession. He appears to be more crazy than Coach. Let's see if he can top Naonka. And yes, Hewson, I also noticed the misspelling of Fran's name when it was written down. This season looks like another wild and wacky one.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Good opening episode.

I like:
Redepmtion Island: Of the various twists they've added over the years this is one of the most interesting. I'd like it even more if I didn't feel it was a vehicle to keep Rob or Russell in the game if they are voted out.

I don't like:
Rob and Russell being back. They kind of wash out all the other cast members. There were some interesting sounding contestants but we don't see any of them (unless, of course they are batshit insane like Philip) because of their "star wattage." Annoying.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #64
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:50 PM
I keep forgetting that Fran didnt actually get booted to go home. She still has a chance on Redemption Island. I thought she would go much further.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #65
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I met pretty much the same people as last time with the exception of Sylvia. Mad about Coach and Marty flaking!

Yau

Chad

Sylvia

Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Well, hanging out with a two-time player and the first to ever be voted out are nothing to sniff at, Sicy.

That was way more entertaining than any episode from last season. I like how Boston Rob & Russell are interesting wild cards and how people aren't as star struck as the Guatemala crowd were over the Ulong rejects.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Awesome pics, Sicy! Looks like you had fun.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #68
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Good opening episode.

I like:
Redepmtion Island: Of the various twists they've added over the years this is one of the most interesting. I'd like it even more if I didn't feel it was a vehicle to keep Rob or Russell in the game if they are voted out.
I feel the same way about redemption island being a vehicle to keep Rob or Russell in the game...Producers probably realize they have huge targets on their backs and want to keep the drama
Old 02-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

I imagine the producers hope for Rob and Russell to end up squaring off on Redemption Island...I could see them devoting thw whole episode to this if it were to come to pass and ignoring the other castaways (especially if Sedret Agent Man is gone at that point) for a week.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

Finally watched tonight.

Probably the best opening TC ever.

I liked Francesca, so I hope she comes back somehow.

I also thought Christina was doing well, finding the idol, working with Francesca on strategies. While I understand her willing to ditch Rob right away, Francesca seemed like she'd keep her focused on the overall picture until the right time came. They were doing well, until Christina showed Phillip the idol. One of the dumbest moves ever, and it completely derailed everything she had worked on up to that point.

Christina still has the idol and still has life, but she's going to have to pull out a miracle to change things.

They'll keep Phillip a bit longer in the hopes that he can help with the team challenges, knowing full well he has no shot at winning this thing.

Other than that, Rob has got the rest of that tribe under his control, even more so now after what happened at TC.

Russell's position seems a bit more precarious, as it should. He'll find a way to stick around a bit, but I think he's gone before the merge. That tribe, apart from Stephanie, won't let him gain too much traction, I don't think.

An excellent opener. Can't wait to see how the Redemption Island twist works out.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #71
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Very fun first episode. I'm liking the season already-next week will be interesting to see how the Redemption Island twist works. All I have to say right now is Phillip! STFU!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Gotta love Philip's caption when talking to the camera one on one: "Philip: Former federal agent?"

Good blindside...Matt never saw that coming.

And Ralph looks like he may have Russell's number...and he has a nice sweater.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

I'm not so sure that getting rid of Matt at this point was a good move. He and Andrea weren't switching or anything - that whole group is totally on board with Rob. Now he's pissed Andrea off, and that could change things up down the road. Waiting until the next TC would have been fine.

But he did flush out the idol, and Phillip actually listened to him, so in that sense, it worked.

I really want the other tribe to lose so we can see how their first TC goes.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post

Good blindside...Matt never saw that coming.
I couldn't stand Rob in his first two Survivors, and then in Heroes vs. Villains, he was an OK guy compared to Russell, with whom he was at war.

I thought that maybe marriage had mellowed him. But that blindside reminds me of what a snake he really is.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Of the two, I don't understand the reasoning of getting rid of Matt over Andrea. She seems much more likely to be pissed off and try to break up the alliance than Matt would, who I think would have pretty much just gotten scared and not tried anything too bold for a while.