SURVIVOR - Redemption Island - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 AM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:01 AM
The clip showed him saying "32 days of hard work down the drain", which is meant to make us think he's getting voted off, but its most likely clever editing and the second half of a statement. I suspect with his idol and the way the Ometepes seem to revere him, he's a shoo in for the final 4 at least, which should get him to what, day 36 anyway.

So now we have 4 folks on RI, pretty soon there'll be more castaways there than in the actual tribe.

When they showed the log roll challenge, I said to the wife "why do I get the impression Ralph will do well at this". Came close, good work by Grant to beat him.

And speaking of Grant, he's under the radar which is impressive considering his obvious physical abilities. He also seems to be the only other Ometepe besides Rob who is thinking strategically. I assume Rob will have to try and take him out soon, he is a threat to win his way to the final 3 on immunity challenges, and could beat Rob with a spiteful jury and Phillip as the 3rd option.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #317
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:01 AM
Those 3 girls are the dumbest players out there. They have absolutely zero game strategy and certainly do not deserve to win anything. They could have made a big move last night, but cannot figure out that it would have been. Can't wait to see this tribe self-destruct!

Old 04-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #318
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:01 PM
Those girls annoy me. They are just placeholders I suppose......why I don't know.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

Andrea will/shoiuld be the next to go.

Then it will get a bit more interesting.
Phillip would be an easy target. Of course Rob and Grant could also target each other.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #320
Blue Crack Addict

No player remaining should be thinking of voting Phillip out, he's extremely beatable in the final, making him a near lock to get there at this point. Rob and Grant, while chocolate cake loving buddies, have both got to realize that the other is his biggest obstacle to the million, so I expect we'll see them go after one another quite soon.

The whole Redemption Island redux factor really throws a wrinkle in as well. We don't know when someone will be rejoining, but if it were to be at the final 4, which is not far off right now, that person, likely a Zapatera alum could immunity challenge themself into the final 3 and walk away with the million. Not sure I'm fond of how they're handling RI now. The original concept was good, and if it had ended when they sent Matt back to the merged tribe, that would have been kosher, but now they're gonna let someone back in awfully close to the end, which seems like way too much of an advantage.

And they haven't had to work as hard this time around, just don't be last out of 10 contestants playing shuffle board and you can be in the final 3 with Phillip and Rupert (they're just waiting for the right time to drop him in so he can finally win the million).
Old 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

The only reason Phillip would go after Andrea, would be to prevent the blood letting until a final five. If the remaining two degrees want Phillip out, it would be risky for Rob or Grant to try and switch it up. They could figure if they agree they will have the momentum to go after the other male with the 2 degrees next vote.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #322
Blue Crack Addict

hopefully Andrea will win immunity next and we will have a little drama.

of course it would only be Grant making a move on Rob, only to have him play idol and take Grant out.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

This was the time to make the big moves and nobody did, not even Rob. I was very disappointed. Apparently everybody in Ometepe thinks they are Amber.

I agree with Hewson that I don't like how RI factors in now.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #324
Blue Crack Addict

What was the upside for Rob to putting Andrea out?

He has the other 2 girls ready to do it when he says so.

So why take her out and leave Steve in? He would be more likely to try and get in their heads and ask them if they thought they could beat Rob in the finals and try and make them flip. Rob has played about a flawless game as anyone ever has. It has not been the most dramatic or fun to watch, but I can't fault any of his moves.

Has anyone ever found an idol and not blabbed to at least one person?
Also, finding the clues and tossing them may not seem that big of a move. But if others had the clues and could not find the idol, they might get a *clue* about where it really is.

I also respect that Rob has not stooped to the low of a fake idol.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

Redemption Island, say what you want to about it.

But at least they are earning their way individually. One can't ride on anyone's coat tails or throw a challenge and remain in the game. No floaters on the Island.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #326
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
This was the time to make the big moves and nobody did, not even Rob. I was very disappointed. Apparently everybody in Ometepe thinks they are Amber.

I agree with Hewson that I don't like how RI factors in now.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

"You guys got room for one more..."

That was a great ending.

It was also very well done to anticipate another person being voted off and thinking of it ahead of time. I think they should have gotten rid of Andrea; they don't know who or when the winner of RI will be back, and if it ends up being Matt, that's a little risk putting them back together. Whereas Steve is on his own and not a threat.

In the end, I don't believe it will matter anyway. It's Rob, Phillip, and one of the girls for the Top 3.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

crys

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Redemption Island, say what you want to about it.

But at least they are earning their way individually. One can't ride on anyone's coat tails or throw a challenge and remain in the game. No floaters on the Island.
Yes, but they also are exempt from the social game, which I believe is an important part of being a Survivor champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
What was the upside for Rob to putting Andrea out?

He has the other 2 girls ready to do it when he says so.

So why take her out and leave Steve in? He would be more likely to try and get in their heads and ask them if they thought they could beat Rob in the finals and try and make them flip. Rob has played about a flawless game as anyone ever has. It has not been the most dramatic or fun to watch, but I can't fault any of his moves.

Has anyone ever found an idol and not blabbed to at least one person?
Also, finding the clues and tossing them may not seem that big of a move. But if others had the clues and could not find the idol, they might get a *clue* about where it really is.

I also respect that Rob has not stooped to the low of a fake idol.
I think Rob should have set his final three and used the last two remaining Zapetera to eliminate the ones he doesn't want to take to the finals. I think Rob should have blindsided Grant and Andrea. But it's a minor quibble. By not doing this he's simply made it a little more dicey for himself in these next two weeks since he'll have to get rid of the three he doesn't want before they get rid of him. But he's definitely in a position of strength and I essentially agreee with you that he's played an outstanding game.

It was far more important for Rob's teammates to make the move and get rid of him this week, and they really bungled that. I find it astounding that none of the Ometepe seemed to realize that entering the final six with only their own tribe is bound to be bad for at least some of them.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Disregard the smilie in my last post. I didn't mean to put it there.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #330
Blue Crack Addict

I would vote out Natalie or Ashley next. Andrea is on the outs with them anyway, if Matt comes back, she's on the outs with him. She has no real alliance and can be voted out anytime. Time to split the girls up if you're Rob.

It's pretty clear to me what his strategy is: take Phillip (useless and hateful) and one of the girls - Natalie or Ashley (even more useless) to the F3. That pretty much assures him a victory, as it should be anyway.

The unfortunate thing here is that he is surrounded by exceptionally stupid people.