SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm going to a bay area Survivor viewing party for the premiere. Yau-Man is organizing it again. Guess who's going! Haha!! :D

Via fb

Christine
Coach! I just heard that you are coming to the S22 premiere party in San Leandro! Yay! I cant wait to meet you. I'm friends with Marty too so it will be nice to see him again as well.

Coach Wade
Awesome. Cant wait to meet you too!!!!!

This is so cool Sicy! You will of course keep us all posted?!!!

Oh great. So Russell broke his contract AND got to be on another season of Survivor, eh? Of course, they didn't know he was the snitch at the time he was on the show, but still that makes it even worse; that spot could have gone to a new contestant who had auditioned.

To be honest, I kind of agree with Jerri.

It will be tiresome to see Russell again. Rob is cool, but truth be told I'd have been happy with all new contestants.

Oh great. So Russell broke his contract AND got to be on another season of Survivor, eh? Of course, they didn't know he was the snitch at the time he was on the show, but still that makes it even worse; that spot could have gone to a new contestant who had auditioned.

Yeah I hate Russell even more now.
I'm talking to the guy that spoiled right now .. he's got a couple groups on fb. Lots of survivors are members too. Interesting stuff.

So I suppose Russell is going to be sued by CBS at some point in time. If/When he loses, he could be ruined financially. What a fool. :doh:

People keep posting the links on his fb wall and he keeps deleting them lol.

I watched the bios on CBS.com. On the surface, a disappointing cookie-cutter cast--a lot of model and mactor types, TWO pageant queens, TWO former NFL players--ho hum, yawn. . .

But I think beneath the surface, this appears to be a pretty good group. Some really sharp-sounder players, students of the game--a few of the pretty girls seem to have much tougher character than the visual stereotype would suggest. It should be interesting. . . better than last season.

The only thing I really don't like is having Russell and Rob back.

Talk about beating a dead horse.

I can't stand Russell and I think that he's actually a stupid player. I don't understand why we're having him rammed down our throats repeatedly.

I'll probably skip this season.

The Hell with Russell!

I'm looking forward to Redemption Island. I'm sure there will be a few other compelling characters besides Russell and Rob who will help make the show entertaining. I sure as Hell ain't gonna skip the season because Russell is a douchebag.

Less than a week to go! I heard an ad from CBS saying that two of the show's greatest players are returning, so that can only mean Richard Hatch vs. Parvati Shallow! :hyper:

Less than a week to go! I heard an ad from CBS saying that two of the show's greatest players are returning, so that can only mean Richard Hatch vs. Parvati Shallow! :hyper:

it would have to be on cable not network

it would end up as a naked wrestling match for sure

Ugh.

Third Russell season within 2 years. Fourth Rob appearance (lets not mention the 2 Amazing Race appearances). A 'Redemption Island' concept that frnakly has kind of been done in a watered down way before (Lil and Burton anyone?).

It is just lame.

I hate to say it but I'm utterly unenthusied by this season. They better have some fantastic twists and challenges in the first couple of episodes to keep me interested. I know Survivor has been spinning its wheels for quite a few years - but they need more than dredging up villains to give it an interesting angle. They should be taking the show to new areas - India or the UAE would be great (the UAE was a planned location for a season before 9/11 - after which every Muslim became a terrorist apparently and the idea was scrapped) or even the Maritimes in Canada for a wintery season. Actually do a winter Survivor in Finland that way you can still get bikini action by having sauna rewards every week.

At the very least try to get away from central fucking casting and find some interesting personalities again.

I wonder when they will team Russ and Rob and the Amazing Race? Surely it's inevitable?

OK, rant over.

Cant wait! I really hope Coach shows up. Thats one guy I wanna meet.

Michael Buffer 4 Life! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Obviously, Russell is the bad guy and Rob is the good guy. :wink:

Let's hope this season doesn't end like that Sting/Hollywood Hogan match back at Starrcade '97. :doh:

Finally, the Probst has come back! :applaud:

Wow, tonight's episode was awesome! Right now, the dude I hate the most is Philip. He is fuckin' insane! :doh::doh: His underwear scares the piss out of me. :reject:

omg Phillip! DOH :doh: Crazy dude for real. Hello, you're a special agent and you're just going to spill all the secrets? Really? :der:

Sad to see Francesca Franqueesha whatever go. I liked her.

The party was fun! Marty and Coach flaked argh. Marty was stuck working late and Coach sent out an email saying he was in the 'congo jungle' lmao.

I am not feeling well. So I thought the episode was crap.

But T C almost made me glad I watched tonight. Did you guys know that Phillip used to be a FEDERAL AGENT!!

No really, he used to be a FEDERAL AGENT.

TC was hilarious. Rob nailed it when he said he was playing with "amateurs".

Phillip...where to begin...very poor choice in underwear, he'd have been better off wearing his Spiderman Underoos...not only could he not say "Francesca"...but assuming the last vote read was his(they didn't show the people holding their votes at the end like they usually do), he couldn't spell it either, camera didn't stay on Probst too long, ut it looked like he had a Z and a Q or something in there...I'm gonna make a bold prediction...Phillip does not win Survivor: Redemption Island.

Kristina's only good move was not playing the idol, so she has a tiny bit of leverage, but not much, they'll be able to do a split vote and have her gone in the next 2 TC's...how idiotic to reveal the thing to everyone, of course it was Secret Agent Phil's fault, but she would have been wise to have not shown him...just keep it to herself and Franksqaquresca and try to implement their plan (which was doomed to fail cause Rob was already two steps ahead of them figuring they might have an idol).

Team Russell will be interesting when they have to go to TC...it seems his only ally right now is Stephanie...so will they take him out...my thinking would be take her out first, knocking out his sidekick (a couple of them have him pegged as always going for a young girl to align with), keeping him around for a few challenges and making him realize they know what he's up to.

Pretty good first episode.

but she would have been wise to have not shown him...just keep it to herself and Franksqaquresca and try to implement their plan (which was doomed to fail cause Rob was already two steps ahead of them figuring they might have an idol).

Frankly I wonder why anyone ever tells anyone. It almost always comes back to bite `em in the butt.

Back
Top Bottom