SURVIVOR - Redemption Island - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:38 AM
What a terrible season.

Weakest players in a long time. Rob has become unbearable. The three girls who act like his lemming harem - can't even tell them apart, not sure whether they have one brain between them. Philip is kind of entertaining on occasion, I'll give you that. Last episode was so dull no wonder they squeezed a 2-for-1, as it was there was no footage really worth seeing.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #272
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
This will likely be a three person challenge which is completely unfair to David and a nice bit of luck for the other two.
Actually we don't know, they could keep sending folks to RI and have like a 6 person challenge to get back in the game...slightly interesting twist on things at this point.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Actually we don't know, they could keep sending folks to RI and have like a 6 person challenge to get back in the game...slightly interesting twist on things at this point.
Nah, there's more than one challenge. Jeff tweeted how they won't always be two person duels from her on out.

Plus, that would be the ultimate in unfairness for somebody to navigate their way deep into the merge game and then lose one challenge to Matt who was voted out five places prior.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Why unfair to David?
He made it one step further in the game than Mike, yet he's basically in the same position as Mike/Matt. Meanwhile, Mike/Matt only have to win one challenge instead of two in order to leapfrog the other guys. So, David plays the game better and gets rewarded by being in the exact same position as Matt?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Jeff Probst's Blogs:

Episode 2 - Side bar – Natalie is a very interesting contestant to watch this season. She is so young at only 18 years old (which means she was seven years old when we started! Seven!) but she seems to have a really great head on her shoulders. That’s the reason we put her on the show. She really impressed us during the casting process.

- Natalie has still not proven herself to be an interesting contestant, so clearly she does something major, probably either winning or giving Rob a run for the money.

Episode 4 - I’m really not as biased as I sound, it’s just that I love good drama. If it had been Ralph or Natalie or Russell or even Sarita I would have felt the same way – “Hurry! Hurry!”

- He needlessly mentions Natalie as if she's a major character or warranted attention, despite not being mentioned in the rest of that blog post. And to say she's more of a character than Sarita is pretty laughable, especially at that point in the game.

Episode 6 - NATALIE – I’ve said it before I am so impressed. She is 18 years old. Think about the 18 year olds you know. How many of them could handle themselves this well in this cut-throat environment. Natalie is a long shot to win but IF she can get to the end the jury may feel like I do that based on age alone she has earned the money.

- This one really stood out for me. Like, wtf? This is all speculation on my part, of course. But it almost seems like damage control. We've had plenty of mediocre winners or ones that were questionable when they defeated their final competition. But Boston Rob losing a jury vote to Natalie would just be impossible to try to defend. It almost seems like slight damage control would have to occur early on.

Furthermore, I do think the tables will try to be turned on Rob once Zapatera is out of the picture, but Rob will use the hidden immunity idol as a shield. It likely needs to be used in the Final Six, anyway, so he would just use it right away when it's down to the Ometepe tribe, solely.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #276
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
He made it one step further in the game than Mike, yet he's basically in the same position as Mike/Matt. Meanwhile, Mike/Matt only have to win one challenge instead of two in order to leapfrog the other guys. So, David plays the game better and gets rewarded by being in the exact same position as Matt?
I didnt know how it worked, so David has to battle against Mike and Matt separately? It's not Mike and Matt first, then the winner battles David?

And Natalie.. seriously? She didnt do shit all season.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
I didnt know how it worked, so David has to battle against Mike and Matt separately? It's not Mike and Matt first, then the winner battles David?
No, it will just be a three person competition. That's what is unfair. David should only have to face off against the winner of a Mike/Matt duel. Instead of 50/50 chances, he's getting a one-in-three shot at staying. For Mike/Matt, it's a boon because they only have to be good at one challenge and would've had to face off against the other two guys anyway.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

If Rob is in the final 3 anything less than him winning would be a travesty. So far he is played a flawless game. It's a remarkable thing to watch.

A key point in the game should come after this next tribal council, when only two Zapetera are left. At this point if anyone on Ometepe has any sense, those two remaining Zapetera should become very powerful. You don't want to wait till the Final Six to start sorting out who is at the bottom of the pecking order.

If I were say, Grant, Andrea, and Ashely, I'd peel off then and join up with the two Zaps (I'd imagine it would be Steve and Julie) and try to vote out Rob. If I were Rob, I would keep Philip and Natalie with me and attempt to align with the same two Zaptera members and turn on my own team. Rob strikes me as unlikely to do that as he seems pretty confident of the loyalty of his team, and indeed with his buddy system, it does seem unlikely that a threesome could break off. If the bottom 3 of the Ometepe tribe could figure out they are indeed the bottom three and make that move, it would be pretty brilliant. I just wonder if they have the sense and the guts to make that kind of move.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
OK, cockier. He's always had a cocky/confident attitude, but last night it seemed to escalate.
Agreed. I like the guy and he's usually great to watch, but he didn't have his best episode.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #280
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

GO ROB!!!!!

I hope something happens to Philip's damn feather!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #281
Blue Crack Addict

Big Grin

Quote:
Jeff Probst's Blogs:

Episode 2 - Side bar – Natalie is a very interesting contestant to watch this season. She is so young at only 18 years old (which means she was seven years old when we started! Seven!) but she seems to have a really great head on her shoulders. That’s the reason we put her on the show. She really impressed us during the casting process.

- Natalie has still not proven herself to be an interesting contestant, so clearly she does something major, probably either winning or giving Rob a run for the money.

Episode 4 - I’m really not as biased as I sound, it’s just that I love good drama. If it had been Ralph or Natalie or Russell or even Sarita I would have felt the same way – “Hurry! Hurry!”

- He needlessly mentions Natalie as if she's a major character or warranted attention, despite not being mentioned in the rest of that blog post. And to say she's more of a character than Sarita is pretty laughable, especially at that point in the game.

Episode 6 - NATALIE – I’ve said it before I am so impressed. She is 18 years old. Think about the 18 year olds you know. How many of them could handle themselves this well in this cut-throat environment. Natalie is a long shot to win but IF she can get to the end the jury may feel like I do that based on age alone she has earned the money.

- This one really stood out for me. Like, wtf? This is all speculation on my part, of course. But it almost seems like damage control. We've had plenty of mediocre winners or ones that were questionable when they defeated their final competition. But Boston Rob losing a jury vote to Natalie would just be impossible to try to defend. It almost seems like slight damage control would have to occur early on.

Furthermore, I do think the tables will try to be turned on Rob once Zapatera is out of the picture, but Rob will use the hidden immunity idol as a shield. It likely needs to be used in the Final Six, anyway, so he would just use it right away when it's down to the Ometepe tribe, solely.
Or...Probst thinks she's hot and wants to add her(or possibly already has) to the Probst trophy case.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #282
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Old 04-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #283
Blue Crack Addict

so after each glowing blog write-up

he gets a ?.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

I liked this week

I thought Probst did a good job at tribal, it would have been easy to edit to make Phillip look like a kook.

Instead they put enough information out to let people understand Phillip's point of view.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 AM   #285
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

omg Phillip! lmfao!