SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Russell said he was done.

I'm sure you saw this, but Jeff asked him that at the reunion and Russell said that the show is ingrained in him. Jeff then asked if Russell wanted him to throw away his phone number so they won't call him about future seasons and Russell told him to keep it.

Not like Russell could accomplish anything. He's pretty much universally loathed by former players. He'd be the first one out of any All Star edition, barring some very physically weak player being cut first.

Interesting little article from today's Boston Herald, the most interesting part I highlighted in red,

Got a secret? Tell ‘Boston’ Rob Mariano - BostonHerald.com

Got a secret? Tell ‘Boston’ Rob Mariano
‘Survivor’ winner mum for months

By Tenley Woodman
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - Updated 10 hours ago

“Boston” Rob Mariano knows how to keep a secret.

It took the Canton native four attempts and 117 days over the course of 10 years to win “Survivor” and its $1 million prize Sunday, but he faced an even tougher obstacle at home: keeping his status as a finalist in the game from his wife, “Survivor: All-Stars” victor Amber Brkich, in the nine months since taping wrapped.

“That’s why I’m so good at the game. I can keep my mouth shut,” said Mariano, 35, who is planning to step up his game and switch to the other side of the reality TV camera.

Meanwhile, the father of two tells the Herald he “won’t see a cent” of the winnings. It’s going where most husbands’ paychecks go.

“My wife will take it. She’ll do what she wants with it,” he said. “The real benefit is I have the title of Sole Survivor.”

“Survivor” host Jeff Probst called Mariano’s strategy over the season “as close to a perfect game as anybody has ever played.”

“This time around, I realized more than ever that ‘Survivor’ is more of a social game than anything else. The relationships I’ve built, made with other people, allowed them to vote for me in the end,” Mariano said.

That formula also earned the serial reality TV contestant and Boston University graduate an extra $100,000 as the fan favorite for the season.

“Winning season favorite means a lot because the fans have a say in it. It’s a huge honor,” Mariano said.

There’s no rest for the Pensacola, Fla., resident.

“I have a 22-month-old and a 5-month-old. A vacation to me is getting to watch an entire Red Sox [team stats] game without them waking up,” he said of his daughters.

Mariano starts work this week on a new series for the History cable channel with producer Thom Beers (“Ice Road Truckers”) called “Around the World in 80 Ways,” scheduled to air in the fall.

“(Beers) does a breed of television that is perfect for me. As far as the travel goes, hopefully Amber can come out and visit. We just got the passport for the baby,” Mariano said.

But tribal councils and immunity challenges now are a thing of the past for the erstwhile contestant known as Boston Rob.

Instead of sweating out the creative competitions, Mariano will be helping make the small-screen reality magic happen.

"The main difference this time is I’m not competing as a contestant. I’m making the transition to hosting and joining the production side of things,” Mariano said. “It’s a huge step.”

9 months ago they finished filming this thing.

I thought he might get a 9-0-0 sweep until man sweater voted for "Phile"...

LOLOLOL. :lol:

Me too.

Ralph hadn't spelled one name right all season... not even "Ressel".

Boston Rob certainly deserved that win. He was 2 steps ahead of everyone at all times.

Awful Final Tribal Council, though. The other 2 gave zero reasons why they should win.

What the hell was "Phile" thinking by arguing with the jury. I thought he had a plan coming in. Turns out he's just crazy.

Also, hats off to David for being the only one who "gets it". It's mind boggling how many contestants have clearly not studies the game before they go on. Every single tribal council somebody who loses bitches about the "line between it being a game and personal".

Unfortunately for David and fortunately for us David gave us a final blunder with that marriage proposal. Seemed he may have changed his mind right before Probst queued him 3 or 4 times. Her face was screaming :no:

Can Sicy go ahead and start the South Pacific thread? Filming started yesterday. Rumored to be Coach vs. Phillip, a pairing that crushed the others (Brenda/Marty, Phillip/Matt, Rob/Jenna, etc.) in the poll on this blog:

Coach Likely One Of The Two Returnees

Edit: Did some more digging and it looks like it will be Coach/Ozzy. Phillip is trying to do some fundraising for a charity project for the next couple of months, so he's probably unable for this one, but would likely return for Season 24. The combo of Coach/Ozzy would give them an entertainment machine along with a player that would be very hard to eliminate since he's a valuable tribe asset and excels in individual challenges. Also, if they're planning Season 24 as a fans vs. favorites, it would make sense for the favorites tribe to be made up of second-time players whereas Coach/Ozzy are third-timers.

Edit: Did some more digging and it looks like it will be Coach/Ozzy .

37_1746_20100412170744_coach_survivor240.jpg
vs.
ozzy-osbourne-550x354.jpg

Can Sicy go ahead and start the South Pacific thread? Filming started yesterday. Rumored to be Coach vs. Phillip, a pairing that crushed the others (Brenda/Marty, Phillip/Matt, Rob/Jenna, etc.) in the poll on this blog:

Coach Likely One Of The Two Returnees

Edit: Did some more digging and it looks like it will be Coach/Ozzy. Phillip is trying to do some fundraising for a charity project for the next couple of months, so he's probably unable for this one, but would likely return for Season 24. The combo of Coach/Ozzy would give them an entertainment machine along with a player that would be very hard to eliminate since he's a valuable tribe asset and excels in individual challenges. Also, if they're planning Season 24 as a fans vs. favorites, it would make sense for the favorites tribe to be made up of second-time players whereas Coach/Ozzy are third-timers.

It seems its still rumors no?

Mostly, but some of the people handing out information have been pretty reliable in the past while those that are adamant about Coach being one of the two returnees seem to pretty certain.

Back
Top Bottom