SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just remembered R I losers go home,
not to jury.

Will jury members be more inclined to vote fora R I returnee in final 3?

No all the second tier RI losers (from Matt's return to RI forward) will be jury members.

And most RI losers neither go home nor to the jury these days, most stay on RI.
The Motto is "Redemption Island, where consistently coming in third gives you an unfair advantage towards the million".

That reminds me no gross food challenges again :( I love those. Oh and no food auction either? Too much RI taking away from the classic Survivor.

That reminds me no gross food challenges again :( I love those. Oh and no food auction either? Too much RI taking away from the classic Survivor.
And where are all the water challenges?

As it stands, Rob has his work cut out for him. He can't be voted out in the next tribal--he'll use his immunity idol to save himself, but to guarantee the final three he will have to win the final immunity challenge. In all but one scenario (Andrea wins the last RI "duel" and comes back in) he will have formidable competition in that regard. If Matt, Grant, or Mike come back in they will have an extremely good chance of winning the next immunity challenge (which will prevent Rob from being able to vote them right back out--he'll get rid of Ashley instead) and an extremely good chance of winning final immunity (in which case I'm almost certain none of them will take Rob to the final three). Whoever ends up in the final three with Natalie and Philip is pretty much guaranteed to win.

To me, any outcome other than Rob winning will be a disappointment. No one else has come close to his level of game play. For him not to make it would be like James Bond getting killed 15 minutes before the end of the movie, and some minor character you barely noticed coming out of nowhere to be hero at the end. It would ruin the movie.

I'm really resenting what RI has done to this stage of the game and I know Rob is resenting it too.

they are just doing puzzle challenges for the great and powerful Rob :down:

Totally agree.

It's like you don't even have to know how to swim to be on Survivor anymore.

I think that Rob deserves to win this. And I also hope to never, and I mean NEVER see his face on this or any other show again. Get a life and a job and go away already.

so long Rob,

bring back

russellsurvivor.jpg

Totally agree.

It's like you don't even have to know how to swim to be on Survivor anymore.

I think that Rob deserves to win this. And I also hope to never, and I mean NEVER see his face on this or any other show again. Get a life and a job and go away already.

Amen!

HOLY Sh*T

I can't believe east coast didn't write any spoilers in here, yet!!
thanks, I always look with one eye closed, so I can turn away in time.

the 2 million dollar family Rob and Amber :up:

the jury was fairly petty in their questions
Ralph was ok
Seve started out pretty good, then went straight down the toilet when he attacked a defenseless Phil.
Mike has a lot of class, he is the one person that best represented decency and charitable behavior during the game, what some might call Christian values

Matt really is a big zero, talks a big game, but his actions and jury behavior was just selfishness.

watching the after show

Grant is a big baby. Julie had a chance to show a little class, but still took another swing at a 19 year old.

David's blind side proposal, now that was creepy. It took awhile to get to yes, I think she was looking for an immunity idol.

No surprise its Rob. Good for him.
Out of him, Nat and Phillip, really... no contest.

Well, can't find much fault in how Rob played the entire season. There was some bitterness with a few jury members in their line of questioning, but none did the spite vote against Rob like the "All Stars" did. David used his lawyer abilities to put the notion of voting for anyone other than Rob out of the others' minds. I thought he might get a 9-0-0 sweep until man sweater voted for "Phile"...which gave Phillip 2nd place officially (I assume a few more bucks than Natalie), if you told me after like 2 episodes that Phillip would have come in 2nd, I'd have never believed it.

The opening arguments...Rob could have said absolutely nothing and won, both his opponents basically said "Rob got me here".
Phillip had said 2 weeks ago he thought he could beat Rob cause he had an "oral argument" that nobody had thought of. Guess what "Phile", bringing a flamethrower to the final TC and aiming at the jury doesn't win you many votes. He had no shot going in, but the way he handled the final TC made Russell's first final TC seem like he wowed the jury with kindness.
And Natalie had a little bit of Lividmanda in the way she went about the final TC, just not prepared nor comfortable in front of the jury...understandable at 19.

Interesting that we find out that Rob did tell Natalie and Ashley (and possibly Grant, don't know) at the merge that he had the idol (it was never shown on the show, nor them discussing that fact when thinking of whether to turn on Rob)...that kept them from making a move on him at 5...of course if they were smart they'd have made the move on him before that when he wouldn't have played the idol unless word of the coup got to him.

As for the reunion...surprised at how bitter Grant seemed...Rob even had the confessional where he said "Grant when you see this you'll know this is not how I wanted this to go down..." but the dude seemed a little Lex-like...disappointing, I liked Grant but in the end David seemed to be the only one who fully grasped the concept of the game and not taking it personally, and admiring how Rob controlled things.

And as for David...I agree with deep...that proposal seemed a bit creepy and her reaction did not to me appear to be that of a woman in love and overwhelmed by the surprise...my guess is if it weren't on live TV she wouldn't have said yes. I give it 6 months. (I don't remember her much will have to look her up)

I've always thought the winner should not be eligible for the Rupert Boneham memorial $100,000 fan sympathy vote, and much as like Rob, I still think that, they should have played an idol on his votes ("does not count") and given the 100K tothe 2nd place vote getter, even if it was Matt. Maybe Rob will donate the 100K.

So who are the 2 returnees next season?
Doubtful they'll do Russell again (at least not so soon) even though he told Jeff to keep his number. They always look for a way to try and give lame Rupert a million, so maybe they'll plop him in. Since Matt was obviously popular with fans this season (36% of the Rupert vote), he could be an option (though frankly he has zero game skills and would ultimately be a poor choice unless he immediately gets sent to RI Redux and stays 30 days there). Maybe we'll get Hatch back...that would be something.

watching the after show

Grant is a big baby. Julie had a chance to show a little class, but still took another swing at a 19 year old.

David's blind side proposal, now that was creepy. It took awhile to get to yes, I think she was looking for an immunity idol.

yeah, she even told him to stop. But he just kept on.

It's obvious to me she didn't want him to ask that.

But once he did, she was caught between a rock and a hard place. "Do I say no and embarrass him on live TV, or do I lie and say yes?"

I think I would have chosen what she chose. Then, as soon as the show was over, I would have given my real answer and explained it.

I'm sick and tired of Rob. I did not want him to win, but then again, as soon as Mike and Matt were eliminated, I wanted no one to win. I especially didn't want Rob to win fan favorite.

Last night was the most depressing finale ever: The snake, the leech and the nut.

And now we've got to live through Redemption island yet again, with 2 more returning castaways? Oh my, I'm sick of seeing familiar faces on Survivor.

It cheesed me a bit when Jeff encouraged people to send in their videos. I said "Yeah, so you guys can ignore the videos and go out and recruit 80% of the castaways."

Omg the proposal was indeed super creepy. She would have totally said no if they werent on live TV. I'm gonna go stalk them on facebook lol.

Oh yeah and I'm totally betting Matt will return next season.

This was like watching a football game where the final score is 63 to 2. A blowout.

Which is not as enjoyable as watching a really close game.

Rob played a pretty near flawless game so I felt it was right that he won. Still I wish there had been at least some competition.

Phillip's final tribal council performance was one for the ages and I love how he preceded it by saying that he'd rub a little salt in the wounds of the jury. WTF? :applaud:

I think the returning players should be Brenda and Marty from Survivor: Nicaragua. They're both very competitive and would have a chance to go far. Matt would be a poor choice because he's boring and anti-social while Jane would be a poor choice since she's a physical liability in team challenges. Phillip would also be a ridiculous choice, much better suited for a full on All Stars season where he could go under-the-radar thanks to a bunch of other threats.

So, next season is basically this one, redux. Redemption Island, no location that's all that new, etc. Pfft. Not that enthused.

Season 24 is supposedly a full on All Star edition which is why Phillip recently said America would see him again and why Jeff was asking Russell about returning. Pulling regular players from Season 21-23 along with some that were skipped over recently (say, Ken from Gabon, or Natalie from Micronesia). They could also finally give Exile Island's Shane a second chance, maybe Corrine if she has work off. Plus, we could see Ethan post-cancer or his girlfriend, Jenna, getting to play without having to leave for family reasons, etc. Not a bad concept for a season, but we'll have now had returning players in four of the last five seasons. :doh:

Ugh I HATE Corrine.

I'd love to see Marty back. I thought Russell said he was done. Other people are saying Phillip and Coach haha.

Back
Top Bottom