SURVIVOR - One World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm rooting for Troyzan. He kicked ass last night. All the other dudes are shitbags. Leif is useless. Tarzan is clueless. That model guy is the ladies' bitch. I don't really care for Carson Daly either. I liked Jonas but so did everyone else. :wink: I'm also rooting for Cristina because it seems like the odds are stacked against her and she's actually nice. Obviously, I'm not gonna throw out any hyperbole that someone could be considered one of the greatest winners of all time. It's still too early to tell.

I thought Troyzan would go with the idol last night or Tarzan. Shocked so many voted Jonas off. I liked him. He was a good cook too, so that was a stupid move IMO to vote off the guy who was preparing flavorful meals for them all. :doh:

I'm liking Christina also, hoping she goes all the way. I have a feeling a woman will win this one.

Don't get the decision to take Jonas out this early...can't see how he was so much of a threat that he couldn't have been spared a couple more TC's, especially since he was cooking for all of them...I guess they thought he was too smart, but he wasn't much of a challenge threat, so he could have been taken out at any point.

The men are screwed because they can't see the obvious, that the women are going to pick them off. If any of them are smart (out of Troy, Jay and Carson Daly), they should go to Kim/Sabrina/Chelsea and insist on a woman (Alicia would be awesome, but most likely Christina) being next to go, when they see the women won't go for it they should know they are in trouble and recruit Christina to join them and go after Alicia or Kat...of course the fact that this would require Tarzan be on board takes the probablity down from about 5% to about 0.00069%.

Troy is smart enough so far to have not told anyone else he has an idol, that may be the only thing that keeps us from a final 5 of Kim, Chelsea (still not sure which is which, they are interchangeable), Sabrina, Kat and Alicia. I'd hate to see Alicia and Kat make it that far, but currently it looks quite likely.

And Tarzan is a complete ass...Jonas says "No hard feelings" after he has just been taken out and he says "Hard feelings from me". He should have gone home this week (should have gone weeks ago). Can't believe ChelseaKim (or was it KimChelsea) didn't insist on him going home after he tossed his skid marked 70's swinger briefs into the pot with her clean clothes.

yes! Kudos for Troyzan NOT telling anyone else he has an idol! it always annoys me when these dumbass players immediately show it to someone (Or even GIVE it to someone else)...hope this plays out well for him!

Shocked so many voted Jonas off. I liked him. He was a good cook too, so that was a stupid move IMO to vote off the guy who was preparing flavorful meals for them all. :doh:

Considering that Tarzan's name was brought up, it's not like they were that concerned about getting rid of a threat this soon. In fact, the merge at Final 12 means you have more time to get out the threats in comparison to the Final 10 or Final 9 when an immunity streak could get someone real deep, real quick. So yes, there was no real point of eliminating somebody like Jonas at this stage in the game, especially since others in the perceived minority (Tarzan, Christina & Leif) are probably the worst contestants imaginable in individual challenges.

Hewson's strategy is definitely what Jay/Troyzan/Michael should be looking into, but they're clearly so gullible that they won't even bother. The men should have demanded that Alicia or Christina go first. Also, Christina really had the chance to shine here and pull some great moves (such as telling Troyzan/Jay/Michael that Alicia is aligned with the women on their tribe), but she clearly didn't do anything.

Jonas is a pretty terrible player, let's be honest. Why was he so angry at Tarzan revealing their obvious strategy? Did he really think that waiting until the last minute for the men to regroup would end up working? I mean, he tried to throw Michael under the bus at tribal council, so he clearly thinks last minute miracles happen on this show when they virtually never do.

Agree with Hewson - there really wasn't a good reason to dump Jonas already. As BigMac stated, he was a fairly terrible player and wouldn't be a threat down the road. Go a couple more tribal councils and then dump him.

Next week should be mildly interesting. If the men don't try to force the women's hand, they'll be out of it. If they do and the women stay together, they know they'll need to do something to change the game. The most enjoyable result, from a viewer standpoint, will be if the mixed alliance stays together, because then it will be anyone's game.

The most enjoyable result, from a viewer standpoint, will be if the mixed alliance stays together, because then it will be anyone's game.

Plus there's 2 idols in the hands over members of that mixed alliance and only 3 players are aware of them, so it could get rather interesting.

Right. Not one but TWO idols could keep things interesting, if nothing else a competition to see who can hold on to their idol the longest. I, too, get upset when a player uncovers an idol then stupidly reveals their find to another player. In a way I think that could defeat the purpose of even possessing an idol.

I don't think it's always a bad idea to let people know you have an idol. Just people knowing you have an idol may discourage them from seeking to vote you out. Unless you can pull a complete blindside, getting a person out with an idol is a two-council process--the first to flush the idol, the next to actually vote them out. You've got to really have your shit together with your alliance in order to pull that off.

Jay seems like the only one of the men with any kind of real grasp of the game. Troy got played by KimChelsea with the whole Carson Daly was gunning for him lie. He seemed to buy it hook line and sinker without even considering the possibility that she was making it up...can't win this game being that gullible.

Tarzan once again outdid himself, assuming ChelseaKim didn't like him because she had a boob job, surprised he hasn't asked to see her breasts just to compare the work with his own...dude is a freak.

Apparently Christina and Uberbitch are out of the loop with the fearsome foursome of KimChelsea, Sabrina, ChelseaKim and Fartgirl since they both voted for Tarzan. Kind of funny since Uberbitch hates Christina so much, but now she's basically lumped in with her.

The Pit Boss rolling off the water slide like a bowling ball was quite funny.
Kudos to Jay McConaughey for winning the immunity challenge after saying "I hate puzzles", only one who didn't rush and it paid off.

Lets hope things get shaken up next week, otherwise this looks quite boring and predictable until the final episode.

With Carson Daly gone, our lone celebrity left is Matthew McConaghey's twin Jay:

matthew_mcconaughey_pic_03.jpg

realitytv_survivor_one_world_contestants_gallery_2.jpg

I'm surprised Jay voted for Mike! (is that his name? lol). If the ladies were smart they would pick off all the men now.

Though I have this weird feeling Jay is going to go all the way to the end.

The men could still stay alive by using Troy's idol if they can't shake things up any other way. Nobody knows he has it. If he's smart enough to figure out that the women are bent on eliminating everyone with outdoor plumbing(which is questionable at best), he can get together with Matthew McConaughey and figure out who the women are targeting (its likely one of the 2 of them) and play the idol and vote for KimChelsea, blindsiding her and eliminating her idol (unknowingly) at the same time. At that point the women would still have a 5-4 advantage, but the only one with any brains left would be Sabrina, so they might stand a shot.

Preview make it look like they try and recruit Fartgirl to their side, which is normally a strategy that should work since she's clearly no higher than 4th on the pecking order, but not sure she's smart enough to understand how numbers and such work.

Kim is badass. I love watching smart people play this game.

Chelsea dropped a bit in my estimation with her discussing the vote with Jay in front of Christine and Alicia.

Kim is badass. I love watching smart people play this game.

Chelsea dropped a bit in my estimation with her discussing the vote with Jay in front of Christine and Alicia.

Very little brains on display this season overall.
Kim, Jay, Sabrina about the only ones showing any sort of grasp for the game right now. Even Troy who looked like was on top of things looked like a fool this week.

How has Jay shown any strategic sense? He waffled and didn't tell Mike what was going on after Kim walked up and stared him down. He went along with a plan that he knows will lead to his exit real soon.

Troyzan. :doh:

McConaughey has at least shown he knows whats going on, he's not clueless like the rest. He tried to get the vote to go towards a female, obviously to no avail. He said last night he might have to go along with the girls and take Carson out so they don't target him next...he looked in the preview to be the one trying to stir things up next week, everyone else is just bending over at this point.

The stupidest thing however about the men is that they could have taken out one of the women last night if all 5 voted together, cause only 4 of the women voted for Mike, they didn't clue in Uberbitch and Christina who both voted Tarzan...so something went down that we didn't see on camera methinks. KimChelsea must've convinced McConaughey and Troy that their alliance was still good after they took Carson Daly out or something. Either that or it was protection against Carson having an idol, who knows.

Very little brains on display this season overall.
Kim, Jay, Sabrina about the only ones showing any sort of grasp for the game right now. Even Troy who looked like was on top of things looked like a fool this week.

When you think about it though,that is often the case. Most of the time there just a few people who really are able to keep their heads in the game and play smart.

It's the only reason I like the all-star seasons. You have a lot more people than usual playing a very smart game.

Going into the last episode, while I was complaining about how dumb this group was, I still held out hope for a few beyond Kim, like Troyzan and Chelsea. But they both made stupid blunders that has me questioning them now.

Even Kim, who is far and away the front runner at this point, made a stupid decision by making up that story. The women already had the advantage, and it wasn't even worth doing, but luckily for her Troyzan was even worse by not going to Mike to talk it over. At least have a discussion to get some sort of sense of who is telling the truth and go from there.

The preview indicated Jay and Troyzan trying to do something, but I think it's too little, too late, unless Christina and Alicia realize they are on the outs as well and hook up with the men. Unfortunately, neither has displayed the intelligence to make moves in this game, so I don't see it happening. The women will rule to the end, which will indeed make the rest of the season rather boring, as Hewson stated.

I don't see what Christine and Alicia would gain by moving from the bottom of the women's alliance to the bottom of the men's alliance.

Plus Alicia likely doesn't think of herself as on the bottom of the women's alliance. She probably sees herself as still aligned with her original group of five with Christine definitely on the bottom and then maybe Kat as the first of their five to go.

The point is, what have they got to lose? They must realize they are not "in the know" with the rest of the women or else they'd have voted the same as the rest the last time out. So try to strike a deal with one of the guys and form a possible secret Top 3.

It's better than going with the flow and waiting for the inevitable to come. It probably won't work in the end, but at least they could walk away from the show saying, well at least I tried.

Jay was the most annoying contestant of the season for me (other than he who shall not be named). Can't stand his face, accent and smugness. He spent the entire episode acting like everything was alright, feeding off of his own ego. Good riddance.

deep, Tarzan knew to vote for Jay because the women clearly scrambled at the last minute and changed the plans so that Troyzan's idol wouldn't affect anything. They just had Tarzan switch his vote from one strong male to the other and he went along with it because he figured the men didn't have a real plan to begin with.

Kudos to Troyzan for actually scrambling to try something (this week along with the next according to the preview). Targeting Kim is clearly the best move. If she's out of the picture, there'd be a lot of room for women to flip, but until then, all of the women not named Christina think they have a Final Three deal with her.

Chelsea was worrying me this week with her sudden feelings of guilt. Kim is definitely the stronger player and I agree with BigMacPhisto that if she were gone it would be easier to break up that alliance. I really like her though and I'd like to see her go all the way.

Troyzan is no slouch either. . .I'm curious as to what he may do to stay in the game.

Troyzan should have risked it this week and not played the idol. Considering that he flat out told the women he had it and was going to play it, it wouldn't have been a bad gamble to guess that they'd switch the majority of the votes to Jay. He'd now be sitting in the Final 9 with an idol that he doesn't need to play until he loses another immunity challenge.

I've been curious as to who will win fan favorite this season. It seems like there's a lot of potential victors, but I imagine Troyzan will take home the cash if he wins another immunity challenge or finds another idol. Partially for keeping this interesting for the opposition, but mostly because the no-brains that make up half this show's audience will want him to get the prize because they dislike women and tend to favor whomever wins the most challenges.

If Leif hangs around a while longer he might get it, not because of anything he does in the game of course, cause he's done nothing.

I'll bet that Tarzan doesn't win it though. :wink:

Tarzan has got to be the dumbest sonofabitch to ever play this game, if he at least votes Kim, we get a 3 way tie, probably lose Leif on a revote, but man is he dumb, what benefit does he see voting for the Pit Boss? 7th place?

The idiocy:

#1 - As Sabrina pointed out, Troyzan purposely isn't making any friends there. Why piss everyone off so that they won't want to work with you or vote for you to win in the end?

#2 - And why does Sabrina allow herself to get in a shouting match with the guy and potentially lose his jury vote?

#3 - Alicia freakin' instantly bidding $500 for letters from home despite the fact that nobody else with as much money as her was planning to bid on the letter.

#4 - Tarzan wasting 500 dollars on the letters even though he didn't want them until after Alicia started crying over reading them.

#5 - Freakin' Chelsea trying to tell Troyzan at tribal council that his plan to have 5 people vote out 4 won't work because he can't win immunity every week. This woman is planning to take on Kim at final tribal council, people. :lol:

#6 - And the biggest moron of the bunch, hands-down, has to be Christina. Her argument was that she had an old alliance with the Salani women. Yeah, the same group of women that you know you're sixth in line with and that treated you like scum until the tribe shuffle (and in Alicia's case, immediately thereafter).

Oh, duh, #7 is the girl that just realized BLTs have bacon on them.

Who didn't I mention? Oh, right, the guy who was voted out and this season's obvious mastermind/winner.

Back
Top Bottom