SURVIVOR - One World - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:15 AM
It was ok. Nothing else to add at this point.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:15 AM
ok, the women really do diserve to lose.

this challenge was one they should have been able to win

this season has had two back to back sub-par episodes

Old 02-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

- Sabrina's pretty funny. There's no way she won't be back on an All Star season. Talkative, strong, mouthy.

- Colton made a big power play. It was obvious that the muscle foursome would crumble. The editors went out of the way to show the names of the five women forming the majority alliance in the first episode (which in turn made it obvious that Nina would go home tonight), but they didn't do that for the guys. Probably because those jocks started acting cocky despite not even having the five they needed for a majority....

- The women would have been better off without Kat. They've now made it abundantly clear that their priorities are on keeping their alliances rather than winning. Christina/Monica will now flip for sure if they make the merge...

- But with the muscle head jocks mad at Colton after he turns the numbers on them, those guys will probably flip to the girls' five-some and hand them the game.

- And then that female fivesome will be the final five...hence why they went through the trouble to demonstrate their alliance and the members involved right off the bat in the first episode. Under that scenario, methinks Kat will be dragged to the finals and receive zero jury votes.

- I mean, seriously? You're going to go up to another woman and fart on her in front of ten million people?

Also, imagine how pissed the fans will be if the female tribe loses four of the six immunities before a merge at the Final 12. The women would have only five left (their entire majority alliance) and the men would have seven. However, the men would have two muscle jocks wanting to flip because they're pissed at Colton and/or Colton wanting to flip. It's like winning the game through losing. I mean, you could argue that the females had more tact because nobody flipped from their side under that scenario, but that would only because the people that would have flipped didn't make the merge...I always figured this scenario could happen in the game at some point. This just might be the season. If so, it's kind of bullshit. The women's tribe could effectively win the game simply by winning one immunity before the merge and causing the male jocks to realize that they aren't in power...thus making the five the men won entirely irrelevant. And frankly, given the disadvantage the women are already at, this is probably the only scenario that leads to any of them winning the game.

It's also stupid that Colton could flip to the women because there's nothing the men could have done to prevent that. He made up his mind before he ever even said a word to the other men on his tribe.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

you have laid out a lot of stuff there
and it could all play out like that, too

if that all does happen, I will like it.
I would not mind at all if a woman ends up winning.

I will find it very boring if the men, just power through the women
and then some dumb jock wins
Old 02-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The dumb jocks will be drawing dead the second they go to tribal council. The challenges aren't all that physical so the men don't really need them. They'll go home at every pre-merge tribal since everyone in Colton's alliance won't see a point in flipping things up. The problem is that they will alienate the three left from the jocks alliance immediately whereas the women only have two on the outside as of right now.

I don't mind the women winning or anything. It's just a weird scenario where the numbers would work out perfectly for them. I mean, the only way they could get a majority now going into the merge would be to win four straight immunity challenges and then hope Christina/Monica don't flip. I just don't see that scenario happening whatsoever, so the only road to victory now is to have some disgruntled men flip to their side. I do think people like Alicia, Chelsea and Sabrina go deep in this game and that alliance they created at the start might last through to the end.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Two very important points from last night you didn't bring up...

Tarzan...worst choice in underwear in history. Has the man looked in a mirror before? With that physique he shouldn't be wearing the bikini briefs he bought when he was 22 still.

Probst wore a green shirt at the immunity challenge...possibly first time ever not in blue...he did switch back to blue for TC.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Now the question is...will Colton need to play the idol when (if) the men lose immunity? If he has the 5 non jocks all on board, they could vote out Matt the math lawyer (wonder how long it'll take him after he's voted out to figure out that an alliance of 4 on a tribe of 9 is not "dominant" no matter how muscular you are). Its too bad Carson Daly is aligned with him, cause I like Carson so far, just happens to be muscular and therefore aligned with the math challenged lawyer.

Men had much better strategy on the challenge having the Pit Boss go first with the most people to traverse and having Carson and the math lawyer at the end being able to essentially lift people past them to the finish line. Women should have had a legit shot at this one, smaller size and usually better balance working in their favor, but Kat f'ed the thing up from jump street...Daunte Culpepper's wife was the only one with any clue and by the time they let her show them the way they were toast. One of them said that "it was the boobs" that caused them to lose...Dolly Parton ain't on that tribe, there were plenty of ways around (like going behind) the boobs were a poor excuse.

I knew when they went to commercial before the preview/exit interview that Nina and her fat lip would mention "life experience" in her exit interview. While Kat is a severe liability, Nina brought zero to the table and deserved eviction, her "life experience" as a fat lipped LA cop didn't help her from laying about camp and doing nothing. Hope Mrs. Culpepper gets to stay around longer than some of the alliance of 5, she is the one playing the best (challenge and camp wise) on the women's tribe and she deserves to be around longer certainly than Katfart and probably AliciaUberbitch, though Uberbitch's mouth will keep her around cause she'd be a great companion at the final TC for someone.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

With the way the men are going right now, I don't see them losing a challenge. Once they got their fire going, it was all down hill for them. The women have shown no cohesion whatsoever. It seems like Chelsea, Christina and Culpepper's wife are the only ones with a clue. Alicia is obviously in the running for this season's Naonka Award.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

The women are pathetic. Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina seem to be operating with some brain power (the first two are on my team in my Survivor pool, yay), but as for the rest, total disaster.

I think at least some of the jocks will be picked off as soon as they go to tribal. Whoever said upthread that they're not needed for super physical challenges has nailed it. Given how weak the women are, the non-jock men should immediately start picking off the strongest guys, one by one. Total no-brainer.

Colton is supremely irritating, but he could be the Cochrane of this season and get a lot further than I would have initially thought.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It was weird that Colton said he was alligned with Leif, Jonas and Tarzan when it was clearly Troyzan that was sitting with the other three guys. I didn't even notice Tarzan awake at all.

It seems that they'll have five though and won't need to play the idol whatsoever. Matt and Mike are the ones on their radar, so they'll go home before Bill and Jay.

Colton's edit has seemed too damn massive for a pre-merge boot, so I think he makes the merge. I've also heard rumors of Troyzan being a major character (in the Coach/Phillip vein) and that he's been asked back for another season. But again, rumors.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
It seems that they'll have five though and won't need to play the idol whatsoever. Matt and Mike are the ones on their radar, so they'll go home before Bill and Jay.
I assumed based on the first episode that Matt would be the first to go if the 5 get their act together - he seemed totally obnoxious and over-represented, but then they all slinked away into the background this week so it's tough to tell.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

A friend of mine ran into Cochran at the airport in Chicago and he hinted that they're going to mix up the tribes early on. Don't know how he knows that but I assume he must have some inside information on the current season.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did that, to keep the women from being decimated.

If it happens it would throw all of BigMac's prognistications out wouldn't it?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #58
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Colton is a kick in the pants! At first we thought he was going to be so quick to leave, then we felt he was going to be real entertainment this season, then the drama set in and now I'm wondering if he could really pull things off and make it far through this series! He's good for a few laughs, that's for sure!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I don't see Colton winning. He's already too disliked by the others. He'll probably go as far as Cochran did in his game. Definitely wouldn't surprise me if they mixed up the tribes. I remember several seasons back when there was the whole controversy of the tribes initially being split up by race. I think that was the one where Yul won. Certainly had a lot of folks talking.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Monica is the only good thing on that tribe right now. Good to know Duante got something right...

They had to stay with Kat at this point in the game. Way too early to break things up - loyalty goes a long way.

And BigMac needs his own Survivor blog