SURVIVOR - One World - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:28 PM

I'm rooting for Troyzan. He kicked ass last night. All the other dudes are shitbags. Leif is useless. Tarzan is clueless. That model guy is the ladies' bitch. I don't really care for Carson Daly either. I liked Jonas but so did everyone else. I'm also rooting for Cristina because it seems like the odds are stacked against her and she's actually nice. Obviously, I'm not gonna throw out any hyperbole that someone could be considered one of the greatest winners of all time. It's still too early to tell.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #152
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 07:28 PM
I thought Troyzan would go with the idol last night or Tarzan. Shocked so many voted Jonas off. I liked him. He was a good cook too, so that was a stupid move IMO to vote off the guy who was preparing flavorful meals for them all.

I'm liking Christina also, hoping she goes all the way. I have a feeling a woman will win this one.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Don't get the decision to take Jonas out this early...can't see how he was so much of a threat that he couldn't have been spared a couple more TC's, especially since he was cooking for all of them...I guess they thought he was too smart, but he wasn't much of a challenge threat, so he could have been taken out at any point.

The men are screwed because they can't see the obvious, that the women are going to pick them off. If any of them are smart (out of Troy, Jay and Carson Daly), they should go to Kim/Sabrina/Chelsea and insist on a woman (Alicia would be awesome, but most likely Christina) being next to go, when they see the women won't go for it they should know they are in trouble and recruit Christina to join them and go after Alicia or Kat...of course the fact that this would require Tarzan be on board takes the probablity down from about 5% to about 0.00069%.

Troy is smart enough so far to have not told anyone else he has an idol, that may be the only thing that keeps us from a final 5 of Kim, Chelsea (still not sure which is which, they are interchangeable), Sabrina, Kat and Alicia. I'd hate to see Alicia and Kat make it that far, but currently it looks quite likely.

And Tarzan is a complete ass...Jonas says "No hard feelings" after he has just been taken out and he says "Hard feelings from me". He should have gone home this week (should have gone weeks ago). Can't believe ChelseaKim (or was it KimChelsea) didn't insist on him going home after he tossed his skid marked 70's swinger briefs into the pot with her clean clothes.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #154
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:28 PM
yes! Kudos for Troyzan NOT telling anyone else he has an idol! it always annoys me when these dumbass players immediately show it to someone (Or even GIVE it to someone else)...hope this plays out well for him!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
Shocked so many voted Jonas off. I liked him. He was a good cook too, so that was a stupid move IMO to vote off the guy who was preparing flavorful meals for them all.
Considering that Tarzan's name was brought up, it's not like they were that concerned about getting rid of a threat this soon. In fact, the merge at Final 12 means you have more time to get out the threats in comparison to the Final 10 or Final 9 when an immunity streak could get someone real deep, real quick. So yes, there was no real point of eliminating somebody like Jonas at this stage in the game, especially since others in the perceived minority (Tarzan, Christina & Leif) are probably the worst contestants imaginable in individual challenges.

Hewson's strategy is definitely what Jay/Troyzan/Michael should be looking into, but they're clearly so gullible that they won't even bother. The men should have demanded that Alicia or Christina go first. Also, Christina really had the chance to shine here and pull some great moves (such as telling Troyzan/Jay/Michael that Alicia is aligned with the women on their tribe), but she clearly didn't do anything.

Jonas is a pretty terrible player, let's be honest. Why was he so angry at Tarzan revealing their obvious strategy? Did he really think that waiting until the last minute for the men to regroup would end up working? I mean, he tried to throw Michael under the bus at tribal council, so he clearly thinks last minute miracles happen on this show when they virtually never do.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

Agree with Hewson - there really wasn't a good reason to dump Jonas already. As BigMac stated, he was a fairly terrible player and wouldn't be a threat down the road. Go a couple more tribal councils and then dump him.

Next week should be mildly interesting. If the men don't try to force the women's hand, they'll be out of it. If they do and the women stay together, they know they'll need to do something to change the game. The most enjoyable result, from a viewer standpoint, will be if the mixed alliance stays together, because then it will be anyone's game.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
The most enjoyable result, from a viewer standpoint, will be if the mixed alliance stays together, because then it will be anyone's game.
Plus there's 2 idols in the hands over members of that mixed alliance and only 3 players are aware of them, so it could get rather interesting.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #158
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Right. Not one but TWO idols could keep things interesting, if nothing else a competition to see who can hold on to their idol the longest. I, too, get upset when a player uncovers an idol then stupidly reveals their find to another player. In a way I think that could defeat the purpose of even possessing an idol.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I don't think it's always a bad idea to let people know you have an idol. Just people knowing you have an idol may discourage them from seeking to vote you out. Unless you can pull a complete blindside, getting a person out with an idol is a two-council process--the first to flush the idol, the next to actually vote them out. You've got to really have your shit together with your alliance in order to pull that off.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

Jay seems like the only one of the men with any kind of real grasp of the game. Troy got played by KimChelsea with the whole Carson Daly was gunning for him lie. He seemed to buy it hook line and sinker without even considering the possibility that she was making it up...can't win this game being that gullible.

Tarzan once again outdid himself, assuming ChelseaKim didn't like him because she had a boob job, surprised he hasn't asked to see her breasts just to compare the work with his own...dude is a freak.

Apparently Christina and Uberbitch are out of the loop with the fearsome foursome of KimChelsea, Sabrina, ChelseaKim and Fartgirl since they both voted for Tarzan. Kind of funny since Uberbitch hates Christina so much, but now she's basically lumped in with her.

The Pit Boss rolling off the water slide like a bowling ball was quite funny.
Kudos to Jay McConaughey for winning the immunity challenge after saying "I hate puzzles", only one who didn't rush and it paid off.

Lets hope things get shaken up next week, otherwise this looks quite boring and predictable until the final episode.

With Carson Daly gone, our lone celebrity left is Matthew McConaghey's twin Jay:

Old 04-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #161
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I'm surprised Jay voted for Mike! (is that his name? lol). If the ladies were smart they would pick off all the men now.

Though I have this weird feeling Jay is going to go all the way to the end.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

The men could still stay alive by using Troy's idol if they can't shake things up any other way. Nobody knows he has it. If he's smart enough to figure out that the women are bent on eliminating everyone with outdoor plumbing(which is questionable at best), he can get together with Matthew McConaughey and figure out who the women are targeting (its likely one of the 2 of them) and play the idol and vote for KimChelsea, blindsiding her and eliminating her idol (unknowingly) at the same time. At that point the women would still have a 5-4 advantage, but the only one with any brains left would be Sabrina, so they might stand a shot.

Preview make it look like they try and recruit Fartgirl to their side, which is normally a strategy that should work since she's clearly no higher than 4th on the pecking order, but not sure she's smart enough to understand how numbers and such work.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Kim is badass. I love watching smart people play this game.

Chelsea dropped a bit in my estimation with her discussing the vote with Jay in front of Christine and Alicia.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #164
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Kim is badass. I love watching smart people play this game.

Chelsea dropped a bit in my estimation with her discussing the vote with Jay in front of Christine and Alicia.
Very little brains on display this season overall.
Kim, Jay, Sabrina about the only ones showing any sort of grasp for the game right now. Even Troy who looked like was on top of things looked like a fool this week.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

How has Jay shown any strategic sense? He waffled and didn't tell Mike what was going on after Kim walked up and stared him down. He went along with a plan that he knows will lead to his exit real soon.

Troyzan.