Survivor: Nicaragua

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My list is pretty much the same. Fabio is really growing on me as well.
Fabio is just so - Fabio! He's got a real positive outlook and doesn't degrade people. It seems he gets really appalled when people do bad things, as if he has never seen that kind of thing in his life. Gotta love that. When Naonka stole his socks, he was flabbergasted. When Naonka knocked Kelly B on the ground, if I were Fabio, I might have shoved Naonka to the ground and taken my socks back. Then I would have said "I don't shove ladies."

those two on the jury would not be that bad
we have had many jury members vote for a less deserving player out of pettiness. could their votes be any worse

It's not the quality of their votes that bothers me. It's that they quit the game. If they quit the game, then they should forfeit the right to any further participation in the game, including deliberating with the jury.

Ponderosa should be interesting. I doubt those two will exactly be welcomed.

I'm on the Fabio bandwagon! :lol:

Weak Kelly is in nursing school. A nurse! Holy, she had better to learn to suck it up, 'cause she's going to be in for a very big surprise.

Ponderosa was disappointing. This taking of the "high road" by Brenda and Marty is mature and all but come on, Naonka deserved to be shunned. I guess they realised that she will never change and their comments wouldn't make a difference because Naonka is a vile, self-absorbed, inconsiderate child with a chip on the shoulder.

Sicy, that is soooooo awesome that you got to meet Marty!! He seems like a really cool guy.

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Nicaragua': Episode 12 | PopWatch | EW.com

Here's the link to Jeff's blog. He explains why they kept the quitters on the jury. Considering precedent, it was the only fair thing to do, but it still is annoying. He seems to imply they will change that rule in the future.

Jeff's analysis of the situation is pretty spot on in my opinion. He wondered how Naonka's family will react, and I think it's obvious they will support her, at least publically. Seeing your relative making a total ass of herself on television is not reason enough to shun her for life, so I won't blame them for continuing to support her.

Well, seriously, if Naonka's family knows her well enough, they shouldn't be surprised by her decision to bail on the game.

I disagree with Jeff's assessment of PK. She looked emotionally and physically spent. Naonka, on the other hand, could have continued. She was energized by the reward and could have continued. If PK had won the reward, I don't think she would have quit the game.

Purple Kelly's fb wall exploded... and looks like she's deleting all the negative comments. Bummer because I wanted to read them. Naonka disabled her wall. :lol: Coward.

I disagree with Jeff's assessment of PK. She looked emotionally and physically spent. Naonka,on the other, could have continued. She was energized by the reward and could have continued. If PK had won the reward, I don't think she would have quit the game.

Agree.

Canadians or others outside the US can't watch Ponderosa vids at CBS, Veoh, and most sites, but I found a person's page at YT that is regularly updated with them for those interested - TheSonoerin

I like how Jeff said in his blog that Naonka won't regret her actions for one moment. Bet she still doesn't either when she'd booed at the finale show.

Canadians or others outside the US can't watch Ponderosa vids at CBS, Veoh, and most sites, but I found a person's page at YT that is regularly updated with them for those interested - TheSonoerin

I like how Jeff said in his blog that Naonka won't regret her actions for one moment. Bet she still doesn't either when she'd booed at the finale show.

Shit, imagine what her life in the real world is like right now. If people see her on the street or somewhere in public, they might give her shit for bailing on the show. So, by the time the Finale rolls around, the boos might not bother her as much. She might even smile. Who knows? She might start bawling. She is bonkers after all. :wink: Makes great TV! :applaud:

I almost thought Jeff was going to say "marty, Brenda, Ailina...get you buffs back on...you're back in the game" now THAT would have rocked! those 2 loser bitches should definately not be on the jury!

Jeff :heart:

And yeah how crazy would it be for Jeff to have invited 2 players to come back and play. That would have been classic. They did do something similar before ..now I cant remember which season it was.

Another thing that was mentioned this morning on my radio.. DAN should have given up the reward.. he's the one that sat out the challenge and didn't do anything to earn the reward.

I cant wait to go watch the Ponderosa videos for this.

Actually one person needed to go last night, if these 2 did not quit Naonka may have been voted out. So with P Kelly quiting that did leave one opening.

What might have been interesting, would have been if Jeff had said ok, one of the 3 members of the jury voted out by quitters can get back in. The 6 remaining survivors must vote 2 of them out again. Write down 2 names.
The one with the least votes would be back in. :shrug:

It's not the quality of their votes that bothers me. It's that they quit the game. If they quit the game, then they should forfeit the right to any further participation in the game, including deliberating with the jury.

Ponderosa should be interesting. I doubt those two will exactly be welcomed.

If PK did not quit too, they would have just voted out Naonka and no one be up in arms. They quit the competition.
Others have quit by asking to be voted out. They stayed in long enough to make it to the jury.

I don't recall so clearly, but the first season Russell was in he controlled that whole season, found all the idols and was certainly the best survivor.

The person that got all the votes was just a coat tail rider.
Those jury votes were no better than whatever way Naonka and PK end up voting. They may end up canceling each other out? Who knows?

Russell's biggest problem was that most people hated him, so most people did not vote for him to win the million bucks. He could have went up against a crash test dummy and still lost. Bottom Line: if you're an evil bastard to people, you won't win. That's probably why Naonka wouldn't have won if she stuck around. Who knows? Maybe Naonka knew she wasn't gonna win because of her transgressions, so that's why she bailed.

Russell's biggest problem was that most people hated him, so most people did not vote for him to win the million bucks. He could have went up against a crash test dummy and still lost. Bottom Line: if you're an evil bastard to people, you won't win. That's probably why Naonka wouldn't have won if she stuck around. Who knows? Maybe Naonka knew she wasn't gonna win because of her transgressions, so that's why she bailed.

people hated Richard Hatch also,
But at least that jury voted for the best Survivor
you made my point, a crash test dummy , I think you are right, that is how petty the jury has become.

this is not vote for Prom Queen or Prom King
the people that say I played with integrity make me sick
this is not real life, it is supposed to be a competitive game where people out wit, not out friend people.

the people that say I played with integrity make me sick
this is not real life, it is supposed to be a competitive game where people out wit, not out friend people.

It's very possible to play with integrity and still play the game well, win and place high.

Ethan, Yule, Yaoman come to mind

people hated Richard Hatch also,
But at least that jury voted for the best Survivor
you made my point, a crash test dummy , I think you are right, that is how petty the jury has become.

Hatch was well respected and liked by that jury. Colleen & Gervase only voted against him because they wanted to send a message at Sue for her diatribe against Kelly. Had Sue not been such a whiny hag, Richard would've won by a 6-1 vote, proving that everybody felt he was quite likable and a smart player.

Natalie, on the other hand, did indeed play a much better social game in Samoa. Russell didn't take the time to get to know anybody and it was Natalie that helped them use insider information that led to Russell playing his idol at the right time.

I'll grant you that last year's jury was petty....and perhaps All Stars as well. Oh, and definitely freakin' Gabon.

Hatch was well respected and liked by that jury. Colleen & Gervase only voted against him because they wanted to send a message at Sue for her diatribe against Kelly. Had Sue not been such a whiny hag, Richard would've won by a 6-1 vote, proving that everybody felt he was quite likable and a smart player.

Natalie, on the other hand, did indeed play a much better social game in Samoa. Russell didn't take the time to get to know anybody and it was Natalie that helped them use insider information that led to Russell playing his idol at the right time.

I'll grant you that last year's jury was petty....and perhaps All Stars as well. Oh, and definitely freakin' Gabon.

:up:

My sense is that Richard Hatch was more of a "jerk" when talking to the cameras than he was in his interactions with the other players. Some viewers may assume that what we see when the players talk to the cameras is the same is what those in the game see, but I don't think so. People who are overtly hostile generally don't do well. Russell was probably the best player of that type, and he couldn't win.

Yeah, I agree. Richard was a jerk where as Russell was a ruthless bastard. Like many have said, though, at least Russell had a strategy. Naonka had no strategy. She was just batshit crazy. :huh:

My question is, why didn't they have an immunity challenge? If there was one, they didn't show it. Jane had the necklace. What would have happened if both Naonka and Kelly decided to stay? Jane automatically gets to keep the necklace for a second TC without having to do anything?

It was not explained on the show.

Oh yeah she won it at the rope challenge. Maybe they'll explain more next ep. Why would jeff take it back though? I'm confused about that.

I read today that Kelly was a recruit, not an applicant, and had never seen an episode of the show. That explains why she wasn't prepared for how hard it was. But I don't think they should recruit people. They've got enough applicants. My brother has tried 11 times.

Back
Top Bottom