Survivor: Nicaragua

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shannon caught that same thing Wendy had last week. Tribal Council Suicide speech.

What a jerk, making anti-gay remarks on national TV in 2010?

Yeah, out of left field he basically jumped up and said "I'm a homophobe!!!", and "Louisiana is just like Iran, we don't have gays here!!!"
Obviously that got 2 more of his "alliance" to flip and vote him off.

Naonka is a loose cannon, she probably won't last long. Fabio sure seems dumb, must be an act, nobody is that dumb, right? Right?

On the Geritol tribe, Holly is a loon, also soon to go.

Great save in the challenge by Tyrone on the ball that Jimmy Gloucester flubbed.

Oh, and separated at birth, Benry and Joey McIntyre:

Benry2.jpg

Joey-McIntyre.jpg

Great show last night. Better than last week's.

Shannon managed to top Wendy Jo at this week's TC. No easy feat there.

Who the Hell brings $1,600 shoes on Survivor? :huh:

Some real dummies on the younger tribe. Shannon, Chase, Fabio, Naonka--that's a lot of low wattage for one tribe.

Getting rid of Shannon was the right move though. It quickly became apparent that he was poison. You can't keep someone like that around--which is why Naonka should be next. If Brenda and Sash have any sense they'll cut her loose and realign with say Kelly and Alina (who have every reason to latch on to a new alliance since they are down in numbers now). I could understand the rationale later in the game to keep Naonka around as someone easy to beat, but right now she's just going to undermine the tribes morale.

As a black person, I'm always disappointed to see the casting of "angry black people"--I'd prefer to see more people like Earl and Taj--but Naonka is whack on a whole other level.

Also, does anyone else think the Medalliaon of Power was introduced to "level the playing field" at challenges for the old folks?

The Medallion is an interesting wrinkle. I don't think it's there to give an advantage to the old folks -- once they used it, it went over to the young tribe, and now they have the power. Then, after the young tribe uses it, it goes back to the old tribe.

I think it's there to prevent one tribe from going on a run, as we've seen in previous seasons. I would expect it to keep the tribes more balanced toward the merge.

It's a double-edged sword using it. Sure, you get an advantage for this challenge, but next time, the other team can use it. It's a stabilizing element.

It's pretty interesting actually. I was leery of it at first but I think its a good idea to keep the tribes balanced, as SV just said.

On the young tribe, last week and a bit this week I thought it was stupid when some of the more fit ones were saying they needed to target the amputee immediately because they could not beat her in the voting.

OK, I get that, but why suggest her name as first out?

One may not want to be in the final two with her,
but the final 5, or final 4 would be a pretty safe place to be with her still in.

I was impressed with Kelly's performance in the challenge and I think the others were too.

Also, does anyone else think the Medalliaon of Power was introduced to "level the playing field" at challenges for the old folks?

But for every advantage the Geritol Tribe will get from it, the I Can't Believe Its Not Butter Tribe will then get the next advantage...so who knows if it levels the playing field...it depends on the challenge and how much advantage I guess. Last night was a no brainer...having one ball already in the basket where it didn't have to be found or bounced along the paddles was a huge advantage...last week had they used it they'd have gotten one out of 5 needed bucjets of water to release puzzle pieces but still would have to solve the puzzle...seems only a slight advantage and from the looks of how much they lost by, had they played it they'd still have lost.

The decision on which challenge to use it in is gonna be key.

...last week had they used it they'd have gotten one out of 5 needed bucjets of water to release puzzle pieces but still would have to solve the puzzle...seems only a slight advantage and from the looks of how much they lost by, had they played it they'd still have lost.

The decision on which challenge to use it in is gonna be key.

I agree, they would have still lost last week
the young tribe may not have used it this week and they may have still won and they would still have it for next week

the young team could have gone on a run
if the old guys used it last week.

The young team can still go on a run, if they decide not to use the medallion to keep it from the older tribe and continue to beat them on a level playing field, which could happen.

Also, kind of funny that one of the survivors is named Alina. That's my oldest daughter's name as well, and you hardly ever see it used with that exact spelling.

Yeah, I suppose if I were on the younger tribe, I would want to hold onto the medallion next week and the week after. I think I would want to not give it up unless we lost a couple ICs in a row.

We'll see how patient the younger tribe is. They could be enticed to use it by a reward, if Survivor doubles up the IC and RC again.

Marty is stupid.. has he not watched Survivor?? Make me want to do a chop of him and Russell.

Nay ONKA is a crazy ghetto bitch. OH NO YOU DI'INT. She needs to GO. :crack:

RIP Jimmy Johnson. :sigh: the only one that told the truth at tribal. Of course no one is going to admit that they're a weak player.

NO - Onka is a total bitch...all that leg shit will come back to "kick" her in her ass!

I will miss Coach....he just totally intimedated Tool Marty....hopefully the tribe will see it....not too fond of the other Jimmy either:down:

Damn it, I missed this episode. :angry:

I forgot to check my DVR to make sure I had it programmed. Figures I miss the show where Coach Johnson gets voted off. :sad: Dang it.

While I think it would have been a good idea to get rid of Jimmy Johnson before the merge, it was too early and unnecessary for him to go at this time. It's obvious that Dan is the weakest link physically and doesn't really add anything worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom