Survivor: Nicaragua - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:02 AM
Brenda is clearly the winner....from the first episode, I've felt that way. They constantly show her acting strategic and the hordes of people that are willing to help her get far in this game. She'll make it near the end with plenty of options and choose the best road (probably some sort of final three scenario involving Naonka sitting next to her).

What makes me so annoyed by it all is that Brenda is not really all that likable. These dumb, stereotypical young kids are won over by her looks, rather than actual charm or personality. She's very stuck-up and I don't think she could've pulled the blinders over people's eyes in almost any other season.

Marty's move was brilliant because he was going to be Idol-less anyway by the end of the night. He had next to no hope of getting far if he were to have played it. Of course Sash won't give it back to Marty, but it doesn't really matter since, again, Marty would have been idol-less anyway in next week's episode.

Ultimately, the young kids will vote out Marty/Alina for being threats, then act like trash and ditch the old flippers, Holly/Jane. Dan might make it pretty deep considering how worthless he happens to be.

When it gets down to seven....I imagine that the unlikable Fabio will still be haunted by voting with Shannon while Benry doesn't have much of a foothold and is a physical threat.

That leaves a Final Five of Brenda, Chase, Purple Kelly, Naonka and Sash. Everyone in that group wants to take Brenda to the end and I imagine Naonka will be the Russell of the bunch that will float there because it's an easy victory. Brenda will kick out Sash for his strategic play and Chase because he's a likable country boy.

Final Three: Brenda, Purple Kelly, Naonka

Naonka is devil incarnate and Purple Kelly did nothing all game. Brenda wins the check unanimously.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #197
Blue Crack Addict

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Purple Kelly did nothing all game..
Last night, when she got on camera talking about the reward saying they had to "milk their own milk", I turned to the wife and said, "who is she, did they just drop her into the game?" I swear it was the first confessional type video of her, first time I recall hearing her voice, she's been completely in the background as far as the editing thus far.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #198
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Most likely means she'll be in the finals.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Marty's move was brilliant because he was going to be Idol-less anyway by the end of the night. He had next to no hope of getting far if he were to have played it. Of course Sash won't give it back to Marty, but it doesn't really matter since, again, Marty would have been idol-less anyway in next week's episode.
What's so brilliant about it? If he had just kept the idol and played it, he would've survived another week anyway without risking anything. Now, while he is still around, the idol is in the hands of Sash. It would've been better to get rid of it outright than to give it to someone else, and then look for the inevitable next hidden idol.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #200
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

It wasnt brilliant, but I think he thought he could gain more trust that way.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Possibly.

Considering that Sash stuck his foot in his mouth during TC, they just might need each other now.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #202
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Here you go boys.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

If Brenda wins this season, it will be 10 female winners to 11 male winners. Next season is a season of returning players (Russell/Rob). A female has won the previous four (Amber, Danni, Parvati, Sandra) and if Rob and/or Russell last long on their respective tribes, they'll be likely to take out a lot of strong males like they usually do.

I think we'll back to even gendered wins for the first time since Survivor: Panama back in 2006!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #204
Neon Zebra

Brenda looks better on the show lol.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #205
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Er.. Russell clearly stated on his fb page a while back that he wasnt doing any more Survivors.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #206
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Er.. Russell clearly stated on his fb page a while back that he wasnt doing any more Survivors.
Trust me, it's Russell vs. Rob next season...of sorts. There's supposed to be one-part of a rivalry on each tribe, such as cheerleaders or pageant queens. Carrie Prejean is, in fact, one of the two pageant queens. The new twist is based on one conceived for the Israeli series where the people are voted to Redemption Island and then compete to get back in the game.

Nothing too spoiler-y or anything here and I'm not paying attention to any of that myself, just cast information. Rob and Russell came back because they each received a hefty appearance fee.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #207
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Damn I totally forgot that I actually posted about that earlier in this thread. I thought it was just a rumor though. Peaked over at Sucks in the Survivor +22 forum.. there's already a few cast members listed including the Rob vs. Russell thing. Makes me wonder why Russell said on his fb that he was done.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #208
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm not sure why anyone would ever be done. If you're out first, you net something like 15-25K usually, mostly from the reunion show. I'd play over and over again for a paycheck like that.

The Russell vs. Rob thing is definitely overkill. Jeff went as far as to list them in his greatest players list alongside his greatest, Parvati, and Cirie/Sandra. I don't understand that considering Russell lacks the social finesse to win and Rob missed the jury twice. However, while the initial rumors had them being captains that were immune until the merge, the newest reports are saying the two are simply regular players that can be voted out at any given moment, so whatever. After all, they need some sort of gimmick since they're now committed to saving money by filming back-to-back seasons in the same location.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #209
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Last night, when she got on camera talking about the reward saying they had to "milk their own milk", I turned to the wife and said, "who is she, did they just drop her into the game?" I swear it was the first confessional type video of her, first time I recall hearing her voice, she's been completely in the background as far as the editing thus far.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
Brenda looks better on the show lol.
I agree...and I'm sure after the reunion I'll be saying she (and a few of the other younger tribe who'll pull a Lividmanda and overdo the hair and makeup) looked better in Nicaragua than on the reunion.

Tags
survivor