Survivor: Kaoh Rong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With this season so far, I haven't seen anyone who looks like a potential winner... except for Caleb. He was playing the game well. He was socializing well, kept it humble, and was working hard during the challenges. I have no doubt he'll return as soon as possible. Usually, there's someone in the cast that I like from the start, but this season I haven't found that person yet. (Excluding Caleb, of course)

Wonder just how hot it was during the challenge. Had to be like 110 or something.

I like Scott actually, don't think he was really an a-hole to Alecia, think she kind of brought everything on herself.

And props to Jason for tending to Cydney the way he did.

Scott is very condescending in my opinion. His comment to Alecia about what "team" has she ever been on " just was him being an asshole...Yeah Dude, you are a rich NBA player..WTF are you doing on Survivor... I personally would have lost it on him for that comment if had been me! But maybe he is a nice guy..hahaha who knows:wink:

Scott is very condescending in my opinion. His comment to Alecia about what "team" has she ever been on " just was him being an asshole...Yeah Dude, you are a rich NBA player..WTF are you doing on Survivor... I personally would have lost it on him for that comment if had been me! But maybe he is a nice guy..hahaha who knows:wink:

Scott asked her a legitimate question to gauge her response in regard to what team sports she might have played. Let's face it, Alecia is a fuckin' dunce. She makes Jessica Simpson look like a Rhodes scholar in comparison. And, obviously, the reason he's on the show is for the challenge of competing on Survivor. Not everyone who participates in Survivor does it solely for the money. If you wanna see if Scott truly is an asshole, see how he interacts with contestants other than the fools from his tribe who were voted out. I thought Jason was a dick, but he was by Cydney's side when she was felled by the heat. I'm sure he'll still be a dick, but at least he showed a caring side.

wow...well, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one...
and yes, I agree Alecia was a dumb player..never said she wasn't.
I happen to not like the way Scott spoke to her.. my opinion, as I said.
we'll see how it plays out with him....maybe he will be the best player ever to play the game. somehow I doubt it.

Debbie is actually my pick to win. Even after the first episode I didn't feel I could write her off completely, but then with the ensuing ones they've gradually shown her to be more and more of a power player. The premiere episode edit she received reminded me a lot of Richard Hatch's in the first season where they specifically set him up to look really annoying and like he could never possibly win the show.

I think the ultimate power struggle comes down to Debbie's foursome versus the three beauty girls. Peter, Tai, Nick and three brawn members will be the ones caught in the middle of all of it as I can't imagine any of those six emerging victorious at the end of this thing.

wow...well, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one...
and yes, I agree Alecia was a dumb player..never said she wasn't.
I happen to not like the way Scott spoke to her.. my opinion, as I said.
we'll see how it plays out with him....maybe he will be the best player ever to play the game. somehow I doubt it.

I honestly couldn't care less about how Scott spoke to Alecia. I was more amused by your remark about why a rich former NBA player would participate in Survivor. Why does anyone appear on Survivor? It's the challenge of the game. If someone does well in the game, (but maybe doesn't win) that's bragging rights for life. Sure, you win some money. Probably a lot less after US taxes. But outlasting 17 or 18 other people and battling the elements as well as the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of the game is the ultimate challenge. And anyone that wins the game has that on their resume for life. Richard Hatch and Tony the Cop weren't nice guys, but they knew what it took to be a winner in the game.

Oh, and Big Mac, Debbie is NOT winning this game. Her social game is shit. Too many people hate her and they will vote her out when the opportunity presents itself.

Its not like Scott is the first rich former pro athlete ever on the show. We've had Cliff Robinson (NBA), Jeff Kent and John Rocker (MLB), Gary Hogeboom and Brad Culpepper (NFL), former coach Jimmy Johnson, heck even Ethan Zohn was a former pro soccer player (though not likely rich).

We've also had Eddie George's wife, Monica Culpepper twice (Brad's wife), the president of the Florida Marlins and Lisa Whelchel.

None of those folks "needed" a million dollars and while I'm sure they would love to have it, I think money wasn't their highest motivation for being on Survivor.

I honestly couldn't care less about how Scott spoke to Alecia. I was more amused by your remark about why a rich former NBA player would participate in Survivor.

and I could honestly care less about your amusement with my statement about Scot being a wealthy NBA player. The point of my post with his being a prick.
:|

Scott is a prick for sure. But Alecia is also a dumbass. If Debbie wins I'll stab my eyeball out.

Yeah, Scot did him a solid by letting him know not to use the idol.

Though it would have been major fun to see Obama voted out after another egomaniacal speech about being safe and in control etc. Dude must not hear himself speak.

Yeah, I was hoping for an Obama blindside too. I don't really care much for him. I was pissed that Anna got voted out. She was a hottie. :sad:

Well, they finally voted out Obama. I thought he was gonna shit his pants when Joe confronted him. This season's cast is loaded with assholes. Nick is another one. It's been really tough to find someone to root for this season.

Merge is next week given that the episode title explicitly says that it's a merge. Not sure why Aubrey last night was so adamant about keeping Peter initially when the merge was right around the corner anyway...makes more sense to cut the person you can't trust before you go into a merge.

So, we're at four beauty members, three brawn members and four brains and everyone left is in a tight group with their initial tribes. Therefore, the initial merge victory should merely go to whichever two groups decide to unite against the other. Brawn are probably safe given the circumstances as I imagine beauty and brains would both rather have a majority alliance of 7 instead of 8.

Merge is next week given that the episode title explicitly says that it's a merge. Not sure why Aubrey last night was so adamant about keeping Peter initially when the merge was right around the corner anyway...makes more sense to cut the person you can't trust before you go into a merge.

So, we're at four beauty members, three brawn members and four brains and everyone left is in a tight group with their initial tribes. Therefore, the initial merge victory should merely go to whichever two groups decide to unite against the other. Brawn are probably safe given the circumstances as I imagine beauty and brains would both rather have a majority alliance of 7 instead of 8.

Previews also showed merge.

I don't know about Beauty being tight. Yau Man Jr. seems pretty tight with Scot. Scot's play to keep his idol and make the merge so they can create a Super-Idol with Jason may come to pass.

Previews also showed merge.

I don't know about Beauty being tight. Yau Man Jr. seems pretty tight with Scot. Scot's play to keep his idol and make the merge so they can create a Super-Idol with Jason may come to pass.

On top of that, the male model clearly doesn't want to work with the Brains, so I'd imagine a Beauty-Brawn alliance of seven is what we'll end up seeing with a Brain member picked off right away. It also benefits everyone in the Beauty-Brawn alliance as the Brains members are generally the people most likely to get to the end and win the money.

This season has been tough to watch. So many unlikable characters. I like Tai, Aubrey, and Michelle, though. Nick is the largest asshole of the bunch with Debbie a close second.

Didn't really need to see the gruesome infections and such last night. Aubrey's looked like a golf ball sized zit begging to be popped.

Gotta love Neil taking the idol home, way to help out your closest ally.

This season has been tough to watch. So many unlikable characters. I like Tai, Aubrey, and Michelle, though. Nick is the largest asshole of the bunch with Debbie a close second.

Opted out of last season and I am glad I have not given any hours to this season either

Opted out of last season and I am glad I have not given any hours to this season either

Actually, last season was one of the best the show has ever had. There were several good players and the winner was good. If anything, this season would have been the one that caused casual fans to opt out.

So far, this season, the main gimmick has been the amount of people hurt or pulled from the game.

And yes, Hewson, I suppose, Neil should have passed along the idol to Aubrey, but I don't know how he would have done that without the others noticing. If she's gonna win the game, then she'll have to do it on her own.

Back
Top Bottom