Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is anyone in this thread cheering for Russell to win?

Yes. To be honest, though, I'm not actively watching. I get too into it, and wind up not actually enjoying the show. I decided to stop watching after last season wrapped. I really loved him, though, last season, and hope that he will win this one.

If only he wasnt so socially inept. Because he is a good player as far as being an evil asshole, winning challenges, and finding immunity idols. He could play 100 times and never win. His ego is too big for this game.

Is anyone in this thread cheering for Russell to win?

Absolutely. He's become possibly my favorite player ever. Of course, no matter who he goes up against he'll lose. If Russell made top 3, I could maybe see him winning against Rupert and Colby (needing only 4 of the 6 Villains to stay loyal to him) or against Jerri and Colby (the boring do-nothings). Any other combination of people he's got zero shot.

I guess my preference of winners would be 1 Russell, 2 Parvati, 3 Rupert, 4 Sandra, 5 Colby, 6 Jerri.

Absolutely. He's become possibly my favorite player ever. Of course, no matter who he goes up against he'll lose.

I agree 100%. That's why I'm not watching, because I like (or at least liked...it seems like other pro-Rusty types have changed their minds, here) him so much that when he inevitably loses at the final tribal council, assuming that somebody doesn't just finally decide to vote for him at an opportune time, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Not two seasons in a row. I was crushed, last time. Crushed. Just like the thousands and thousands and thousands of people who voted him the fan-fave. Ugh. Just remembering it hurts my soul.

I agree that he should have won last season. And I'm sure that's why he seemed so pissed off at the reunion, because he knew he didnt win heroes vs. villains. He may make it to the final 3 but that's as far as he's going to go, in my opinion.

I agree 100%. That's why I'm not watching, because I like (or at least liked...it seems like other pro-Rusty types have changed their minds, here) him so much.

You should be watching, he's a completely different personality this time. It started to show in last year's final episode when he was gloating before the final TC and being way too cocky, and its manifested itself into downright nasty douchebaggery for most of this season. No way he deserves a jury vote this time, unlike last time.

The sad thing about Russell is he could have been one of the greatest, if not the greatest player in Survivor history. He can't keep his ego in check and that's why he can't win.

And I'm sorry. If you cannot win this game that you don't deserve to be considered one of the best players ever--and I think the consensus is not that Russell "shouldn't" win, but that he can't. Understand I'm not saying all the winners are great--many haven't deserved it, but for Russell to play as well as he does and then consistently screw it up by being an ass--well, there's no excuse for that.

If Sandar or Parvati win, in my book THEY will be the greatest player in Survivor history. They played hard--they understand unlike Russell, that at the end of the day, Survivor is a social game--it's not about finding idols or winning challenges or even lying to people--it's about people, about social skills.

Deep, you were asking if I'd prefer Russell over Jerri, and the answer is yes, I would simply because I can't abide someone who did nothing in the game winning an all-star season. But it's a moot point because I honestly believe Russell can't win--he won't win. Honestly it's mainly because of his reaction last season. If he was sitting on the final three for this season, he wouldn't have been so torn up over losing last season. He'd be thinking, "Oh, yeah. Give Natalie the money, see if I care. I'm about to win Heroes vs Villains." Of course he coudln't have said any of this but I think he wouldn't have taken the loss so hard.

Yes. To be honest, though, I'm not actively watching. I get too into it, and wind up not actually enjoying the show. I decided to stop watching after last season wrapped. I really loved him, though, last season, and hope that he will win this one.

I don't watch when the show airs, I record it on DVR, this way I can watch at my leisure and FF or re-watch any parts I want. I share your sentiment about oftentimes getting too into it and not enjoying the show--I sometimes do the same with Amazing Race, another of my favorite shows.

Wow, great comments on the Russell question I posted, thanks everyone. These next couple episodes are going to be interesting.

usually avoid this thread like the plague cause in Australia we're usually like 4 months behind the US, but this season it's only a couple of days.

When during the week is the show broadcast in the US?

Loving this season, after not really being able to properly follow the previous two due to shite Aussie TV networks, though I did see a few episodes of Samoa to understand who Russell was, who is someone quite brilliant.

I want him to win, what a character, and anyone who successfully plots the exit of the horrid Boston Rob is a good bloke in my book, but what a seemingly crazy move in voting out Danielle this week (as opposed to next week). I've always been of the opinion that Russell's only genuine chance of winning is against Parvati in the final two, based on the fact that she too is considered a "player" and the envy of so many on the jury, and the fact that she has already won in Micronesia. Indeed, it was probably in Parvati's best interests to take Russell to the final two, as I don't see her securing enough votes against any of the other players.

Now with Russell severing his alliance with Parvati and Sandra having the idol, Russell is screwed, unless he somehow gets immunity via challenge or an idol.

I'd say Rupert is now in pole position to win, being the innocent guy, even though he has played the game with pathetic naivety, particularly with his relentless "us vs them" attitude that expired weeks ago. I used to like Rupert in Pearl Islands, now he is just annoying. It's an individual game for christ's sake...!

Russell's brilliant, but the fact that he scrambles and panics now and then and shows his arrogance to other contestants does him no favours. so I'd say the best player I can recall would have to be Todd from China, that guy played it perfectly from start to finish.

for me the greatest player of all time is Richard Hatch and I don't expect anyone to ever top him.

I never understood why he said he could make fire in a split second in All Stars and then chose not too...now I'm thinking it was part of a Russell-esque tactic to make the other Mogo Mogo members all on edge. Probably the smarter move than being a provider since Lex was gunning for his ass before the season began.

usually avoid this thread like the plague cause in Australia we're usually like 4 months behind the US, but this season it's only a couple of days.

When during the week is the show broadcast in the US?

Loving this season, after not really being able to properly follow the previous two due to shite Aussie TV networks, though I did see a few episodes of Samoa to understand who Russell was, who is someone quite brilliant.

I want him to win, what a character, and anyone who successfully plots the exit of the horrid Boston Rob is a good bloke in my book, but what a seemingly crazy move in voting out Danielle this week (as opposed to next week). I've always been of the opinion that Russell's only genuine chance of winning is against Parvati in the final two, based on the fact that she too is considered a "player" and the envy of so many on the jury, and the fact that she has already won in Micronesia. Indeed, it was probably in Parvati's best interests to take Russell to the final two, as I don't see her securing enough votes against any of the other players.

Now with Russell severing his alliance with Parvati and Sandra having the idol, Russell is screwed, unless he somehow gets immunity via challenge or an idol.

I'd say Rupert is now in pole position to win, being the innocent guy, even though he has played the game with pathetic naivety, particularly with his relentless "us vs them" attitude that expired weeks ago. I used to like Rupert in Pearl Islands, now he is just annoying. It's an individual game for christ's sake...!

Russell's brilliant, but the fact that he scrambles and panics now and then and shows his arrogance to other contestants does him no favours. so I'd say the best player I can recall would have to be Todd from China, that guy played it perfectly from start to finish.

The show airs in the US on Thursday evenings at 8pm

I never understood why he said he could make fire in a split second in All Stars and then chose not too...now I'm thinking it was part of a Russell-esque tactic to make the other Mogo Mogo members all on edge. Probably the smarter move than being a provider since Lex was gunning for his ass before the season began.

I don't remember too much of that all star season, a lot of the seasons are a blur to me, some of them were quite boring

I agree. :up:

He figured this game out before anyone else showed him how.

that is just it, they were all just thrown in cold
he was in deep thought from day one and never let go.

he would not win with the contestants these days
people tend to vote with vengeance and vote for the weaker suck that they feel is less responsible for taking them out.

Colby is SO totally annoying! I can see why his name is never even cominbg up...everyone knows they will totally win against him!! he is totally useless...what happened to him? :|.. Parvarti and Sandra final 2!!

Colby is SO totally annoying! I can see why his name is never even cominbg up...everyone knows they will totally win against him!! he is totally useless...what happened to him? :|.. Parvarti and Sandra final 2!!

As soon as they started the immunity challenge, I said "Colby is out first", and bang...15 friggin seconds. Dud(e) has nothing.

I :heart: Sandra.

"I'm against you."

Classic, classic Survivor line. How can anyone argue that she doesn't deserve to take home that prize again?

I'll reiterate that I'd be happy with anyone but Colby or Jerri winning? My fear is that with a petty jury, if either one of them gets into the F3, they will win.

I love Sandra. She's hardcore. I'm so glad she played the idol.

Colby is such an ass! :lol: If I was his brother I would have thrown the water back at him.

Also I just have to re-iterate how much I cant stand Russell. The guy is pure scum with no soul whatsoever. Instead of hugging and kissing his wife before she left after only seeing her 10 days between filming he was bitching about how Jerri was gonna pay for her actions. All he cares about is the game. How sad is that. I would have his luggage sitting outside when he got home.

Also I just have to re-iterate how much I cant stand Russell. The guy is pure scum with no soul whatsoever. Instead of hugging and kissing his wife before she left, after only seeing her 10 days between filming, he was bitching about how Jerri was gonna pay for her actions. All he cares about is the game. How sad is that. I would have his luggage sitting outside when he got home.

When Jerri didn't pick him, he pushed his wife down, but they edited that part out.

Longevity Record:

Parvati - 111 days and counting
Amanda - 108 days
Rupert - 100 days
Colby - 97 days and counting
Jerri - 87 days and counting
Cirie - 85 days
Boston Rob - 78 days
James - 76 days
Russell/Sandra - 75 days and counting
Stephenie - 75 days
Big Tom - 73 days
Amber/Danielle - 72 days

Record Progression -

Richard/Kelly - 39 Days (Borneo)
Tina/Colby - 40-42 Days (Australian Outback)
Tina/Colby - 43-45 Days (All Stars)
Colby - 43-61 Days (All Stars)
Lex/Kathy - 62-65 Days (All Stars)
Kathy - 66 Days (All Stars)
Big Tom - 67-73 Days (All Stars)
Amanda - 74-78 Days (Micronesia)
Amanda - 79-108 Days (Heroes vs. Villains)
Parvati - 109-111+ Days (Heroes vs. Villains)

Parvati outlasted 14 other people in Cook Islands, 19 other people in Micronesia and 15 other people so far this season. That's a whopping 48! Amanda is second with 13-18-11 for a total of 42.

Back
Top Bottom