Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #451
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 03:23 PM
Is anyone in this thread cheering for Russell to win?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #452
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Helllllllllllllll no.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #453
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
Yes. To be honest, though, I'm not actively watching. I get too into it, and wind up not actually enjoying the show. I decided to stop watching after last season wrapped. I really loved him, though, last season, and hope that he will win this one.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #454
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

If only he wasnt so socially inept. Because he is a good player as far as being an evil asshole, winning challenges, and finding immunity idols. He could play 100 times and never win. His ego is too big for this game.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #455
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:23 PM
I wanted him to win last season, but he really screwed himself in that finale, and has been more and more douchey every day since.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #456
Blue Crack Addict

I still think he should have won last season, but yeah, he's gotten worse this time.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #457
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
Absolutely. He's become possibly my favorite player ever. Of course, no matter who he goes up against he'll lose. If Russell made top 3, I could maybe see him winning against Rupert and Colby (needing only 4 of the 6 Villains to stay loyal to him) or against Jerri and Colby (the boring do-nothings). Any other combination of people he's got zero shot.

I guess my preference of winners would be 1 Russell, 2 Parvati, 3 Rupert, 4 Sandra, 5 Colby, 6 Jerri.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #458
Refugee

Local Time: 04:23 AM
No, Russell is too unskilled at the game for me to root for him. Not to mention, a lousy human being.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #459
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Absolutely. He's become possibly my favorite player ever. Of course, no matter who he goes up against he'll lose.
I agree 100%. That's why I'm not watching, because I like (or at least liked...it seems like other pro-Rusty types have changed their minds, here) him so much that when he inevitably loses at the final tribal council, assuming that somebody doesn't just finally decide to vote for him at an opportune time, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Not two seasons in a row. I was crushed, last time. Crushed. Just like the thousands and thousands and thousands of people who voted him the fan-fave. Ugh. Just remembering it hurts my soul.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #460
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I agree that he should have won last season. And I'm sure that's why he seemed so pissed off at the reunion, because he knew he didnt win heroes vs. villains. He may make it to the final 3 but that's as far as he's going to go, in my opinion.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #461
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
I agree 100%. That's why I'm not watching, because I like (or at least liked...it seems like other pro-Rusty types have changed their minds, here) him so much.
You should be watching, he's a completely different personality this time. It started to show in last year's final episode when he was gloating before the final TC and being way too cocky, and its manifested itself into downright nasty douchebaggery for most of this season. No way he deserves a jury vote this time, unlike last time.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #462
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The sad thing about Russell is he could have been one of the greatest, if not the greatest player in Survivor history. He can't keep his ego in check and that's why he can't win.

And I'm sorry. If you cannot win this game that you don't deserve to be considered one of the best players ever--and I think the consensus is not that Russell "shouldn't" win, but that he can't. Understand I'm not saying all the winners are great--many haven't deserved it, but for Russell to play as well as he does and then consistently screw it up by being an ass--well, there's no excuse for that.

If Sandar or Parvati win, in my book THEY will be the greatest player in Survivor history. They played hard--they understand unlike Russell, that at the end of the day, Survivor is a social game--it's not about finding idols or winning challenges or even lying to people--it's about people, about social skills.

Deep, you were asking if I'd prefer Russell over Jerri, and the answer is yes, I would simply because I can't abide someone who did nothing in the game winning an all-star season. But it's a moot point because I honestly believe Russell can't win--he won't win. Honestly it's mainly because of his reaction last season. If he was sitting on the final three for this season, he wouldn't have been so torn up over losing last season. He'd be thinking, "Oh, yeah. Give Natalie the money, see if I care. I'm about to win Heroes vs Villains." Of course he coudln't have said any of this but I think he wouldn't have taken the loss so hard.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

for me the greatest player of all time is Richard Hatch and I don't expect anyone to ever top him.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #464
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
Yes. To be honest, though, I'm not actively watching. I get too into it, and wind up not actually enjoying the show. I decided to stop watching after last season wrapped. I really loved him, though, last season, and hope that he will win this one.

I don't watch when the show airs, I record it on DVR, this way I can watch at my leisure and FF or re-watch any parts I want. I share your sentiment about oftentimes getting too into it and not enjoying the show--I sometimes do the same with Amazing Race, another of my favorite shows.

Wow, great comments on the Russell question I posted, thanks everyone. These next couple episodes are going to be interesting.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #465
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:23 AM
usually avoid this thread like the plague cause in Australia we're usually like 4 months behind the US, but this season it's only a couple of days.

When during the week is the show broadcast in the US?

Loving this season, after not really being able to properly follow the previous two due to shite Aussie TV networks, though I did see a few episodes of Samoa to understand who Russell was, who is someone quite brilliant.

I want him to win, what a character, and anyone who successfully plots the exit of the horrid Boston Rob is a good bloke in my book, but what a seemingly crazy move in voting out Danielle this week (as opposed to next week). I've always been of the opinion that Russell's only genuine chance of winning is against Parvati in the final two, based on the fact that she too is considered a "player" and the envy of so many on the jury, and the fact that she has already won in Micronesia. Indeed, it was probably in Parvati's best interests to take Russell to the final two, as I don't see her securing enough votes against any of the other players.

Now with Russell severing his alliance with Parvati and Sandra having the idol, Russell is screwed, unless he somehow gets immunity via challenge or an idol.

I'd say Rupert is now in pole position to win, being the innocent guy, even though he has played the game with pathetic naivety, particularly with his relentless "us vs them" attitude that expired weeks ago. I used to like Rupert in Pearl Islands, now he is just annoying. It's an individual game for christ's sake...!

Russell's brilliant, but the fact that he scrambles and panics now and then and shows his arrogance to other contestants does him no favours. so I'd say the best player I can recall would have to be Todd from China, that guy played it perfectly from start to finish.

Tags
survivor