Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, I can't believe how stupid Russell played it tonight. Why break up your tight 3 with 7 people left? Danielle was the one person he might have been able to beat in front of the jury.

I'm rooting for Sandra too.

Rupert redeemed himself a little bit with his altercation with Russell, and by fooling Russell with the fake idol trick.

Colby and Rupert are too stupid to be alive. Jerri is a non-factor. .

Up until this week, all 3 of these were spot on.
But last night, Rupert's fake idol trick proved very clever, and Colby for once looked smart when he figured out that they might split votes for Rupert and Candice and he and Rupert could "survive" by voting for Candice. It worked.

And Jerri finally became a factor, switching her vote to Danielle. Whether or not it was wise, it will definitely make the balance of the game far more interesting, cause I knew that would cause the Pavarti/Russell alliance to bust up.

Sandra having the idol with nobody's knowledge gives her a huge edge, hopefully she keeps the info to herself. She may have a difficult time winning just cause she has won before.

Strangely I think Jerri, the ultimate do nothing lump might have a shot at this. If she ended up in a final 3 with Pavarti and Sandra, she's the only one without a million dollar victory of the 3, and could get the votes.

However it plays out, it'll be fun. Russell has no shot. If it were to be a final 1 instead of a 2 or 3, and he won immunity all the way to the end, he'd still not get any jury votes. Dude just finds a way to piss off every ally he has.

This is the thing about Russell. He plays such a sharp game all season long and then bungles it at the end with his asshole antics. I really think he screwed up last night by dismantling his alliance so soon. His tactics--disorienting and emotionally messing with the other players--work early in the game, but near the end when you need to start smoothing things out and cultivating your future jurors--well, he just has no clue. Last night, the way he talked to Rupert--you could just tell this is not just a guy whose playing a hardball game of Survivor--this is geunuine, real-life jerk, the kind of guy that would get arrested for pushing a woman around in front of a bar.

When Colby said in his voting message to Candice , "I'm proud of the way I played this game," my first thought was. "Well, you shouldn't be." His cheap appeals to honor and the high road at the tail end of a listlessly played game ring hollow. Even last night he bailed on an immunity that he presumably needed so he could eat food. Lame.

To be honest, I've come to the conclusion that I want a previous winner to win again. It kind of proves that they really are the best at the game if they can win it twice. I really hope that the jury doesn't get into "Well she already won before, let's give it to someone else." Let the votes go to the best player. Ideally, I'd love to see Sandra and Parvarti in the final two (I hope there is no F3. I hate those), and then I'll be happy with whichever one wins (though if I had to vote, I'd vote Parvarti because I think she played a more aggressive game, albeit one more risky--but the risks paid off).

yes..I think Parvarti has the power now...and she really plays the game well...she will rally all the girls together to get the guys out....then it will be she Sandra and Jerri at the end:up:

When Colby said in his voting message to Candice , "I'm proud of the way I played this game," my first thought was. "Well, you shouldn't be." His cheap appeals to honor and the high road at the tail end of a listlessly played game ring hollow. Even last night he bailed on an immunity that he presumably needed so he could eat food. Lame.

I was surprised by Colby dropping out for donuts. He has really done very little throughout this season, last night's strategy vote for Candice was really the first positive thing I can recall him doing. Once a strong physical threat, he is incredibly weak in challenges now (he was the last one to dig up his peg in the 2nd challenge and didn't even progress past the first round, which is shocking given some of the competition like Jerri and Sandra), and often seems like he doesn't even care.

Its baffling to me.
And I've been anti-Rupert, but frankly he seems to be one of the few playing the game (or at least trying while others supposedly on his team thwart his efforts) with some effort and desire to win since the merge.

I guess of who's left Pavarti may be most deserving, but somehow I don't see her getting a jury vote unless she's up against Russell in a F2, but I sense a F3 based on numbers, it would be 3 finalists and 9 jury members, a F2 would leave a jury of 10, they do odd numbers (7 or 9) when they have a final 2.

Strangely I think Jerri, the ultimate do nothing lump might have a shot at this. If she ended up in a final 3 with Pavarti and Sandra, she's the only one without a million dollar victory of the 3, and could get the votes.

I think it just really depends on how this jury votes. If they vote for the best player there's no way Jerri wins, unless you think her floating was a strategy as opposed to her just being a jellyfish.

If they vote out of spite (with this group I wouldn't be surprised) then I think she has a shot, because the only people she actually screwed were Rob (not a juror) and Danielle. At least so far.

Colby is really a dud this season. Same with Jerri. It's interesting because I think they both played a much better game in season 2. Now they're just dead weight. Jerri is so easily swayed by people. Sandra ftw!

Here’s my take on Colby. I was a fan of his from season 2, and I have been just baffled about how he’s been playing the game. Until last night… I saw an inkling of what he might be doing. Could it be that he’s playing as a total and complete underachiever by design? Could he be flying under the radar, by not scheming, winning challenges, etc. because that is exactly what everyone expects Colby to do? The Great Colby as James said… The Great Disappointment. And as I thought about it, I couldn’t remember one instance of seeing his private “confession” interviews. (Whatever you call those. ) We have no idea what he’s thinking, and there’s been no explanations from him for his weak performance. Maybe he’s just biding his time, waiting for the right moment to step it up and start winning challenges! That’s pretty risky, but he’s made it this far…. What I’m not enjoying about him this time is his holier-than-thou attitude, but I’m hoping he will step it up cause I’d like to see him win it!

Thoughts?

Am I a hopeless Colby fan-girl or what? ;-)

Sandra is in the driver's seat now. I'd be surprised not to see her in a final 3.

As much as I always want to see the best player win, with Parvati I just can't go that route. Like someone pointed out about Russell being like he is on the show in real life, Parvati is just the same. I detest both of them.

Besides Sandra, I'd really like to see Rupert win and he's someone that has shown perseverance lately and all the while has done it with a busted toe. haha

Russell just dug his own grave with that stupid move. Unless he wins immunity next week, I think he's gone. There's no reason for Parvati to stay with him now, and I can't see Rupert joining him - he was the only hero not to go for it before.

Sandra has the inside track now.

Yeah but it looks like from the previews he's making some kind of deal with Colby and Rupert. :crack:

Courtney and JT

anyone else I missed?

I guess Mr. Wade is so great that he becomes a god-like figure rather than a mere contestant, therefore his aura is noticeable but not his personage. :up:

Jerri will easily win this game against anyone in the Final Three. She has Coach's vote locked up and probably Colby's as well while the heroes have all had more negative things to say about the rest of the villains. If Jerri were in the Final Three without Sandra, that would secure her Rupert & Courtney's votes and a likely victory. Parvati & Sandra's best chances are against one another for certain, if only to eradicate the "you already have a million dollars" jealousy from the jurors.

Had Danielle not gone home, I think Parvati would have waltzed into the end with her Final Three alliance and won in a landslide 9-0-0 vote, actually. Russell basically allowed another contender into the finals when he could have at least assured a Parvati victory if he couldn't win. Furthermore, Russell through a way a guaranteed Final Three slot whereas now he's with hardly anybody he can rely on. Still, for my money, Parvati has played the best all around game, is the most threatening player still out there, and is who I would have no qualms about giving the $1 million to.

I love how Candace, Danielle and Amanda are like the groupies, dancing in the background. :lol:

I guess Mr. Wade is so great that he becomes a god-like figure rather than a mere contestant, therefore his aura is noticeable but not his personage. :up:

Jerri will easily win this game against anyone in the Final Three. She has Coach's vote locked up and probably Colby's as well while the heroes have all had more negative things to say about the rest of the villains. If Jerri were in the Final Three without Sandra, that would secure her Rupert & Courtney's votes and a likely victory. Parvati & Sandra's best chances are against one another for certain, if only to eradicate the "you already have a million dollars" jealousy from the jurors.

Had Danielle not gone home, I think Parvati would have waltzed into the end with her Final Three alliance and won in a landslide 9-0-0 vote, actually. Russell basically allowed another contender into the finals when he could have at least assured a Parvati victory if he couldn't win. Furthermore, Russell through a way a guaranteed Final Three slot whereas now he's with hardly anybody he can rely on. Still, for my money, Parvati has played the best all around game, is the most threatening player still out there, and is who I would have no qualms about giving the $1 million to.

As much as I freakin hate Parvati, she is playing the best game pretty much. Though I kind of want Sandra to win, I think I might rather see Jerri win just for the fact that she's never won.

I really hope Russell gets booted soon. I want to see him at Ponderosa and on the jury. Glad to see some of these guys like Courtney and Amanda on the jury that have never been, so they can see what its like on the other side. Courtney is going to most likely be hilarious at final tribal. Cant wait to hear what she has to say to these people.

Oh yeah finale is Sunday already. Its almost over, again! :grumpy:

Jerri will easily win this game against anyone in the Final Three.

I really hope you're wrong.

I mean I have nothing against Jerri but I just don't think she deserves to win at ALL. I'll be happy if anybody but her or Colby wins.

If either one of them walk a way with the million it will be an anticlimatic end to what has otherwise been arguably one of the greatest seasons of Survivor ever.

Jerri can't and won't win. And furthermore, shouldn't win.

Why would anyone think she would win, anyway? I mean, she's had about 4.3 seconds of screen time devoted to her, and simply hasn't been made interesting at all.

I think the odds have to be favouring Sandra and Parvati (in that order). I still say Rupert and Colby are hella dumb. No way are they in the final 2.

Back
Top Bottom