Survivor Gabon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking that Bob would give Sugar the $100,000 :lol:...but no.
Wow, just when you thought that Corinne would come out as a nicer person, she just shot herself in the foot. It could not have come out any worse for her, I mean, Randy gets applause and she gets booed?
:lol:

Sugar looked so beautiful, I love that look.

Saw Thursday's episode before the ice storm hit and lost power for the weekend, but luckily was able to watch the finale last night.

Sugar was great on Thursday, working it to blindside Crystal, but she blew it by letting Bob stay until the end. I guess it wouldn't have mattered, as Matty would have been the winner if he had stayed, but I thought she would have had a better chance.

Of course, she didn't help herself during TC.

That voting was ridiculous, though. Three votes for Susie? Come on.

Sugar should've won. She was the most strategic person in the finals. Bob even went out of his way to say that he "didn't outwit or outplay anybody" :doh:

Pretty exciting finale with a great reunion show, blah blah blah. Sugar definitely could've had a million dollar shot if she had taken out Kenny last week, then Matty, then Bob. But she might've still been a lost cause anyway given the way the voting went down...

...but yes, it was so great that pretty much the entire season was determined by a indecisive, homeless pinup model. Sugar was probably the most surprising person in the history of the series, you never knew where she was coming from except that it always involved her heart. :up:

Bob's the worst winner ever from my eyes. Not even the third best strategic player in this game. Just got so lucky that somebody else was willing to chuck away a million dollars for him and Matty.

Sugar should've won. She was the most strategic person in the finals. Bob even went out of his way to say that he "didn't outwit or outplay anybody" :doh:

I totally agree...and was shocked that Sugar did not get at least 1 vote...why would any of them vote for Suzy? do not get that at all...I mean when they asked her point blank why she DESERVED to win the million, her answer was totally lame! "because I wanted to show my son and my students that I try?" terrible answer!! OMG and Corrine...she just grates on my every nerve...Jeff rocked last night as usual:cute::heart:

Bob could've been half as good a person and still won. They all just voted on tribal lines, 4-3. Marcus/Charlie/Corinne were probably the most annoying of the lot with their constant condescension towards the others, feeling that they were totally robbed out of the money. It was pretty sad and a Bob win was unfortunately there so they could stroke their egos. Ugh.

I totally agree...and was shocked that Sugar did not get at least 1 vote...why would any of them vote for Suzy? do not get that at all...I mean when they asked her point blank why she DESERVED to win the million, her answer was totally lame! "because I wanted to show my son and my students that I try?" terrible answer!! OMG and Corrine...she just grates on my every nerve...Jeff rocked last night as usual:cute::heart:

I agree about Suzy. She kept repeating herself about having tried and showed her son and students that she tried....that just wasn't a good enough answer to ME why she deserved the money. I don't think she really did much throughout the game. I'm so sad that Sugar didn't win anything. SHE was strategic and didn't do too anything offensive (well except she didn't have to giggle so much about the fake idol which WAS funny). Sugar even gave up her immunity idol to save a fellow player! THAT alone was more than Suzy did all season long! Oh well. It is just a game!

Aside from Sugar laughing about the fake idol, I say she played a great game.

When Susie won that last immunity,
Susie asked Bob to say why he should stay.

Susie was trying to get Bob to vote out Sugar.

Sugar was right on it.

The only thing I can say in favor of Bob,
is that he won 5 of the last 6 immunities. And the one he lost he kind of won by building fire. So six people on the jury all know / believe that they were only there because Bob beat them in an immunity challenge.

I got nothing for Susie, except one lucky immunity win did not deserve to win the million.

And yes I do have to admit that Corine was/ is a whacko bitch.

This show is just stupid

Susie got 3 votes
why? spite

and Sugar deserved at least 2 or 3

Sugar lost those votes at the Final Tribal Council. I've never seen such a terrible FT performance. Her answers were poorly thought through. . .she made no case whatsoever that she should win. Combine that with the personal dislike that tribe members seem to have for her and she didn't have a chance. She NEEDED to make her case and she failed to do so.

And I say this is as a viewer who was otherwise charmed by Sugar.

Wow, just when you thought that Corinne would come out as a nicer person, she just shot herself in the foot. It could not have come out any worse for her, I mean, Randy gets applause and she gets booed?

According to BigMacPhisto, she really is like that. Though now I'm less inclined to believe that she is. I do think there's a great deal of it that is a persona. . .I think Randy is just better at putting on that persona than she is. Sexism probably plays in to it too. As a guy, Randy is merely "curmudgeonly" while Corinne is considered "a bitch." Which is unfair, since I think in actuality they are both pretty self-absorbed, narcissistic, miserable people. Randy just has more charisma.

Bob's the worst winner ever from my eyes. Not even the third best strategic player in this game. Just got so lucky that somebody else was willing to chuck away a million dollars for him and Matty.

I actually disagree. I think Bob undersold himself at FT. I think he did play a strategic game and he made some very big moves, including making two fake idols. His head was totally in the game the whole time, I think. And of course he did well in the challenges, and he played a great social game. I think he was quite deserving. I think he even did a better job than Sugar did, because she made a couple of key decisions based on her emotions rather than what would further her in the game. I don't think I ever saw Bob do that. Beyond her, all the great strategists got voted out well ahead of the finals, so clearly they couldn't have been that good at strategy.

Marcus/Charlie/Corinne were probably the most annoying of the lot with their constant condescension towards the others, feeling that they were totally robbed out of the money. It was pretty sad and a Bob win was unfortunately there so they could stroke their egos. Ugh.

True. And I called it last week. I thought Marcus' comment to Susie about her setting a bad example for her students was untrue and a cheap shot. I got so sick of their head shakes and grimaces during the tribal councils.

A couple of things...

I'm glad Bob won. But I think Sugar played a better game. It's pretty clear that this jury is/was very petty...in past finals you've seen the jury put bitterness aside and generally award the more strategic player, but this time they clearly didn't, not a surprise when you look at the jury members. That whole Kota bunch were so cocky and arrogant, I'm glad they all lost.

Even more pathetic is that they'd have given Matty the $$$ if he'd gotten in over Bob. As weak a player as Suzie was Matty was nearly as bad. A supposed "physical threat" who lost challenge after challenge, and who was lead around by the nose by stronger players throughout. Considering that it was pretty stupid of Sugar to save Matty when she did. You think of Randy's comments (didn't you want my vote) and that move by Sugar re: saving Matty, and maybe she wasn't as strong strategically as we're giving her credit for. I really felt like she just cruised on through riding the idol, with a cast who didn't have the smarts or guts to try to flush it out.

Oh and how could I forget..."I'm a gazelle". :heart: Crystal

I actually disagree. I think Bob undersold himself at FT. I think he did play a strategic game and he made some very big moves, including making two fake idols. His head was totally in the game the whole time, I think. And of course he did well in the challenges, and he played a great social game. I think he was quite deserving. I think he even did a better job than Sugar did, because she made a couple of key decisions based on her emotions rather than what would further her in the game. I don't think I ever saw Bob do that. Beyond her, all the great strategists got voted out well ahead of the finals, so clearly they couldn't have been that good at strategy.

I agree, and was quite confounded by Bob's performance at the final TC. While he wasn't plotting executions of others, he did play strategic when he needed to and should have presented that to the jury, he almost cost himself the million with a horrible final TC performance...lucky for him Sugar's was worse and Suzie's just about as poor...they all must have gone to the LividManda school of public speaking.

and what was Charlie's comment at the final TC about snuggling with Bob?:lol:

and how could Bob not build a house of cards after all the other puzzles he solved?:huh:

I liked how Jeff was dogging Corinne for using "production-speak" when she said that she didn't like her "edit".

Bob's performance in the game spoke for itself. He didn't need some dumbass speech to convince the jurors. He busted his ass winning those immunity challenges. Then, he earned his way to the Final 3 by beating Matty in the fire-making contest. Yes, Sugar got him the tie, but she would've lost to Matty anyway in the Final 3. Bob was easily my favorite Survivor this season and I was rooting for him since Day One.

Randy and Corinne both had a pro wrestler's mentality. They wanted to be the "bad guy" or the "heel" if you will. Especially Corinne. The fans' boos were like applause to her. She was generating heel heat and loving every moment of it. Randy was more of a tweener. Saying things to be hated, but doing so with a smirk on his face. The fans couldn't hate him despite the wacky things he would say. But, Corinne really stepped over the line when she crapped all over Sugar's tears at the Final Tribal. Vince McMahon should give her a call, because that was a textbook heel promo. :applaud:

Yes, sometimes you look at the challenges and think they were set up for one contestant over the others.

An endurance contest would have been won by Sugar or perhaps Bob, but not Susie.

This contest? my first thought it was a slam dunk for Bob, the physics instructor. It seemed odd that he could not figure out the basic concept.

Again Sugar deserves props, for seeing that Susie was gunning for her and not giving Susie time to get Bob aside and work a deal to vote Sugar, the two of them could have easily got Matt on board and she would have been out 3-0.

And I say this is as a viewer who was otherwise charmed by Sugar.

2054098974_640ceb97a4.jpg

2054099156_03cc4782b9.jpg

gallery_jessica_2.jpg

Sugar at her most charming ?

I had a crush on Sugar years ago when watching her make out with Jess on Gilmore Girls. :drool:

I finally saw the show. Terrific result! Sugar comes through twice!

Some notes,

Corinne has some serious mental issues. She can go get swivelled as far as I'm concerned.

Randy. He must have been treated really poorly by someone to be so bitter. Charlie sees something
good in him so behind that negative exterior there must be hope. Funny nevertheless.

Bob...5 solo challenge wins tying the record. Ties Tom Westman from Palau?

I'm glad Kenny realised he was being a cocky prat.

It was great to see Sugar give Corinne the finger at Tribal. I would have given her two though and held them up the entire time she was talking.

Does Jeff age?

Jeff remains gorgeous, as ever. Ohhhhh those dimples!! :cute:

Sugar should have won IMO. :yes:

I thought the very same about Randy.....something very negative had to have happened in his life to make him so angry and bitter toward mankind in general. How sad to say his only relationship and only joy was his dogs?:doh:

Randy started posting on sucks and he's getting mauled. I dont think he's coming back lol.

I was floored that Sugar got no votes - I mean really. She twisted the Game briliantly from the moment she announced/was found to have the immunity. There were very few attempts to flush it out and she was awesomely nasty to Randy. The show was edited to show her as a wacky character - I wonder of that was actually the case though. Getting no votes indicates to me that something major must have been left on the editing room floor...

Back
Top Bottom