Survivor Gabon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously.. its pretty bad. It's like a totally unmoderated board. And the threads they do close, they close without explanation, so I have no idea how they moderate there. :der:

They don't have a lot of moderators. Antithesys is a pretty cool guy on there and is one of them. There's a few others although everything's kind of hush-hush.

Threads are usually closed if they either don't fit that category of the forum, or (most likely) they're a topic that's already been discussed. The Other Shows That Suck requires that you check into the sticky and mention your thread when you create it so they can keep it organized. Basically, you kind of have to wing it and learn the ropes. I went through the same learning curve and had closed threads without explanation, etc.

Sicy, did you make the Chocolate Factory chop? I'm laughing my ass off over the random inclusion of Billy. Phenomenal.

In other news...

We can start counting down to the next series...

"Survivor" Returns Thursday, Feb. 12, 8:00-9:00 PM

The 14th Edition of "The Amazing Race" Premieres Sunday, Feb. 15, 8:00-9:00 PM

I'm wondering what twists they have in store - the location for the next season in Brazil looks very similar to the 'Outback Australia' area. Quite how far northern Queensland is classed as the 'Outback' is beyond me.. but I digress...

Because it's Survivor 18, they've allowed 18 year olds to apply for the first time ever. Frosti was only like 19 but that's because he was recruited. Mixed feelings about this to be honest.

Well this season we had GC who acted like a 15 year old...we probably won't notice a difference. Well maybe but I doubt it.

In the way of gimmicks I've always thought it would be cool to have something like a crossover all stars kind of deal...ie take a bunch of faves from Survivor and stick them in the Big Brother house, or vice versa, or some guys from Amazing Race. I'm guessing it would have to be CBS shows but maybe not...

Can't wait for tonight, feels like it's been forever.

In the way of gimmicks I've always thought it would be cool to have something like a crossover all stars kind of deal...ie take a bunch of faves from Survivor and stick them in the Big Brother house, or vice versa, or some guys from Amazing Race. I'm guessing it would have to be CBS shows but maybe not...

That would be cool!

Because it's Survivor 18, they've allowed 18 year olds to apply for the first time ever. Frosti was only like 19 but that's because he was recruited. Mixed feelings about this to be honest.

Well, if the 18 year olds take part in Survivor, I wonder how they'll handle the alcohol distribution. A lot of the rewards involve beer, wine, etc. Or, because its outside of the US, maybe that won't be a factor. :shrug:

It HAS been forever. Stupid recap shows.

Yes, but thanks to the recap show, we got to see how much Randy loved his beloved dog and that he actually has something of a heart. :ohmy:

Plus, we found out how much Corinne hates Sugar. :|

We're starting to get down to the nitty gritty. :rockon:

I flippin knew Bob made another fake idol! That was crazy, too bad it didnt work out for them. I bet Matty's going to be pissed about whoever voted for him.

My wussy ass cried of course during the loved ones crap. :|

I flippin knew Bob made another fake idol! That was crazy, too bad it didnt work out for them. I bet Matty's going to be pissed about whoever voted for him.

My wussy ass cried of course during the loved ones crap. :|

Yeah, that's a cheap tear jerker for sure.

I think Bob is getting a little out of control with these fake idols.

PS- I wonder if his wife told him he stunk. :lol: There's gotta be some funk after 31 days.

I want to know WHY Susie isnt wearing her clean shirt she got after her bath. :eyebrow:

|

If you watched the preview, it may work out fine for Bob...I think its easy to figure out that Ken voted for Matty (his block lettering style gives him away), and he is shown berating Bob cause now his game is exposed, and Bob promises to give Ken the "idol" if Bob wins the immunity challenge...that could be the greatest fake idol dupe of all time should it come to pass.

Bob (Yau Maine) is phenomenal...those fake idols he makes are better than the real ones Burnett gets from a factory in China, where the hell does he collect all the beads and so forth in the African jungle?
And watching him systematically solve the cog puzzle in the reward challenge while the other team flopped around like 3 monkeys trying to f*ck a football was great. Dude deserves to win this thing, too bad he's such a big target.

Sugar showed a little nasty streak at the beginning of the episode...not so sugary sweet dealing with Corinne (not that Corinne is any prize).

It was quite funny watching Bob waiting for his wife to say something else on the videophone while she got within 6 inches of his face.
Everyone else getting their family member kind of rendered the challenge moot, although Bob got some pizza and beer.

And how does friggin Matty get away with a chestnut on a string for an engagement ring? I had to spend huge money, I demand a recount.

I wondered the same thing about Bob and the beads! where the hell does he "find" them? maybe he brought some with him:lol:
...and I was glad to see Sugar standing up for herself with Corrine...Corrine could not even think of a comeback to Sugar's "yeah, you hit the nail on the head..it is a GAME" comment! I thought, good one Sugar!:D

If Bob wins the next idol competition, if Kenny is smart, he'll request the necklace idol instead. This would tip him off that Bob has another fake idol instead and could work with Bob to use it against someone else.

I love Bob. He's awesome. :hi5: And his idol making powers are insane!

I wish last night had worked out a little better - hopefully he can keep evading getting voted out. Certainly, I would expect there will have to be some sort of confrontation about why whoever (I guess Bob will assume it was Crystal, since he trusts Kenny) sabotaged their plan to get Matty out, without playing the idol.

I had hoped Crystal would actually act on the realization she had that this might be her only good chance to get Matty out for sure. Way to phail on opportunity.

What I don't get is, Kenny does want Matty gone, right? While his plan to flush the idol was devious, didn't he think that since Bob & Corriene thought they had 4 votes against Matty, they wouldn't play it? Thus, his plan phailed, miserably.

I look forward to some drama next week....hopefully it'll be to Bob's benefit.

I was glad Matty did not get voted out last night:reject: he is not very smart, but he plays so hard..I like him...I was glad to see Corrine gone! I would like to see Matty, Sugar and Bob as the final 3...but somehow, I do not see it happening.

I wondered the same thing about Bob and the beads! where the hell does he "find" them? maybe he brought some with him:lol:

This is from a really bitchy interview with Corinne..

Gordon: The fake immunity idol was phenomenal. Is there some craft store where Bob's getting the pieces from?
Corinne: That's a good question. People think that Bob smuggled them in his (expletive deleted) or something.
Gordon: That's an idol I wouldn't want.
Corinne: Exactly. Do you remember when I paid $500 for a clue?
Gordon: Yes.
Corinne: Well, we decided obviously that the pieces had to be from something people didn't recognize, so we can't just take them off of the Nobag flag. So we took the beads that came from around my clue. There were these beads around it on this rope. So we used those and woke up at, I don't know, 4 in the morning and took all the metal pieces off of the Tribal Council torches.

Back
Top Bottom