Survivor Gabon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fang is plagued by idiocy in my opinion. I've never seen such a dim team, and they're getting rid of the smart people thus ensuring their demise.

A few people I can't stand--Randy, Ace, and GC come immediately to mind and no favorites yet.

How lame was GC for quitting? Where did he think the show took place, Club Med.

Another shitty show, plus Sugar was a knucklehead for either not taking the idol with her everywhere she went or not hiding it well.

^someone went in her bag and saw the idol, right? I think I saw that on a preview video.

I am getting so pissed at these contestants who sign up for these shows then quit. They shouldn't be allowed to freely quit. :rant:

^someone went in her bag and saw the idol, right? I think I saw that on a preview video.

I am getting so pissed at these contestants who sign up for these shows then quit. They shouldn't be allowed to freely quit. :rant:

Yeah, the Olympic lady went through her bag while the others watched or played look-out for her.

Meanwhile, she was telling Ace that she had it in her bag, but no one would go through it. I guess she never watched the last few seasons of the show.

-I think if contestants quit on the show, they shouldn't be paid anything.

It's still early enough that he wouldn't be getting that much compensation anyway, isn't it? I remember it was staggered based on your placement in the show.

Altho I concur, play the game or go away empty handed.
Getting injured or sick is one thing - but people who are all, "Survivor is so hard you guys, like there's not even toilets! And like, I have to eat random shit and it's hot!" They should be smacked. That should be thier prize.

Also, I missed the show, what happened with the elephant? Did it eat someone? :hyper:

I think Sugar left her bag out on purpose it seemed. Maybe to throw them off on when she would use it.

I dont like Ace, he annoys the crap out of me and I think his accent is fake :yawn:

Although I was hoping when they got in the boat for a closer look that the elephant would rush them and scare the shit out of them. Ah well.

I was hoping for that too.:reject:

GC was a whiney baby. If he's had such a tough life then Survivor should have been a piece of cake. It's only a few weeks, sheesh.

I like Ace. . . . he plays hard and smart. I think Randy plays really well too, although Ace looks better with his shirt off :wink:

Ace's confessionals make me want to smack him. They're not witty, just very condescending and he tries too hard. Please, take him off my screen.

Judging from the preview, I think Matty is given an offer he can't refuse next week. Ace/Sugar will pledge to take him to the F3. It's a good move for both parties. Ace/Sugar gain leverage within the tribe while Matty will have two separate options at the merge if his tribe has the numbers. He can go with Ace/Sugar (+ Kelly?) to the end or get there with Crystal/Ken (+Kelly?). It's also a deal that Matty has to take them up on or else Sugar/Ace might jump ship at the merge and cost Kelly/Ken/Crystal/Matty all $1 Million.

I don't think it will result much in anything though. They're destined to lose another immunity challenge before the merge. The tribe will take the easy way out and vote for Kelly. This lets Matty vote with Sugar/Ace while Ken/Crystal will be down with the plan since they need to eliminate a weakling in the hopes of making the merge 5-5 with the hidden immunity idol. Plus, they can't really target Sugar/Ace anyway without facing repercussions from the idol, but it would be absolutely ridiculous to take the idol out in the first place when you have no chance of having the numbers at the merge and it's your only salvation.

Anyway, I think the other tribe will ultimately control the game with the F3 being the alliance of Corrine/Charlie/Marcus. They'll use Randy and/or Susie and/or Dan to post a 6-4 or 7-3 or 8-2 advantage and then discard them, allowing the elderly Bob to make the Final Four where he's unlikely to win a challenge. Corrine's the self described bitch of the season (and a major character according to Probst), so if there's a F2, the storyline will come down to Charlie or Marcus betraying each other for an easier win or getting each other through the finals. I'd prefer Corrine to win the final challenge and take Charlie so it'd be more interesting than having the alpha-male win yet again.....

I think Ace is an arrogant tart but I'd have to defend his accent.

He's from the US, grew up in England and now lives back in the US so his accent will go up and down at times. It's called code-switching in linguistics. Him being around so many US accents will probably level off his English accent without him knowing. It's a common thing for anyone visiting another English speaking country. I've known many North Americans in London that has happened to.

To make a code-switching comparison. Most people don't talk to their teacher or their parents the same way they talk to their friends. People do this with ease without realising it as it's a normal human behaviour to want to fit into your surroundings. Ace's accent would be very much the same thing.

^ I agree
Both my parents are English...they have lived here (America) now for many years...when my Mom goes back, everyone says "you sound so American now!" but here...everyone "Loves her accent!" You are very influenced by what is spoken around you...and if you are in England and learn a new city or word there, you will say it how you hear it, which will be with an accent.

I think Ace is an arrogant tart but I'd have to defend his accent.

He's from the US, grew up in England and now lives back in the US so his accent will go up and down at times. It's called code-switching in linguistics. Him being around so many US accents will probably level off his English accent without him knowing. It's a common thing for anyone visiting another English speaking country. I've known many North Americans in London that has happened to.

To make a code-switching comparison. Most people don't talk to their teacher or their parents the same way they talk to their friends. People do this with ease without realising it as it's a normal human behaviour to want to fit into your surroundings. Ace's accent would be very much the same thing.

Interesting.:hmm:

Dude wtf kind of marathon Olympic person is Crystal anyway if she cant even run for an extended period of time. :der:

I feel bad for Sugar, I'd be so pissed if I kept getting sent to exhile. And cant she steal some fruit for her tribe while she's there? :whistle:

I am a wuss and felt bad when they ate the turtle. :sad:

Dude wtf kind of marathon Olympic person is Crystal anyway if she cant even run for an extended period of time. :der:
I wondered the same thing after episode 1:

OK, how can an Olympic gold medal track athlete be so slow and easily out of breath?

And she's done nothing to change my opinion since then.
Then she talks in tribal and confessional about how great she is and how others cause them to lose (Ace?), she sucks and should go next (should have gone already frankly).
Randy giving her the "waa waa waa" after the reward challenge cracked me up.

Crystal has been horrible, but I can't fault them for ditching Kelli first, who was even worse.

This tribe is going down in Survivor history as one of the worst ever. I mean, they are absolutely pathetic. Sure, Ace tried to take control of that last challenge, but the rest of them just stood there watching when there were other pieces of the flagpole sitting there. They are just total idiots.

Now watch one of them win the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom