Survivor Gabon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So there was some buzz about Randy, Matty and Kenny talking about stuff on their facebook pages, so I tracked them down, just waiting for Kenny to accept friend request. Randy's status update says "Randy is going to an auction tonight. Then the incineration will commence." :hmm: Food auction tonite?

btw the guy is truly an ass. One of his past status updates was "Randy knows Ace Gordon. He is an honorable guy. I 100% support his decision to knock the shit out of that woman." :rolleyes:

Thank God! :applaud:

How could these dumb-asses have sent Sugar to Exile Island 5 or 6 times and not even considered she may have the idol! Sugar is now officially who I hope will win...she just needs to keep some of her thoughts to herself, and she should do ok

Great episode tonight. :up:

I'm really hoping that Bob and Sugar will be able to come up with a plan to make it to the final two... even if it does mean taking Corrine with them. Nobody would give her the million anyway. But i do still like Kenny, so i'm kinda torn.

Yeah! That episode was freakin awesome. :lol:

Hey did anyone notice Susie went to the challenge in her grungy old clothes, even though in the scene before that she had her bath and her new clothes. They obviously don't shoot/broadcast the scenes in order. :hmm:

Next week's preview looks interesting to say the least.

I dont know if I buy it.... why would Bob search for the idol so hard at exile and even make a fake one if he knew there was a real one back at camp?

I dont know if I buy it.... why would Bob search for the idol so hard at exile and even make a fake one if he knew there was a real one back at camp?

Because he's absolutely smart. If you're Bob, you know you don't need the idol since they'll be targeting the younger folks as they have been doing. Now is the right time for him to dig it up and give it to Corinne. If they use it and take out, say, Ken...then he could rope in Sugar/Matty and potentially make it further in the game. No point in pulling out the idol too soon and possibly letting someone find it.

Talk about a hail mary pass that would be if it happened. Easily the most unexpected moment in Survivor history if the long-thought-to-be-drowned idol knocked somebody out of the game.

God, I love Sugar. :applaud:

And what an episode. One of the best all-around episodes I've ever seen. :up:

Don't they find out who's won on the live broadcast?

or am I just incredibly naive :cute:

It's announced live, but you usually know if you've won or not based on the jury since a lot of votes are gimmes. Danni blathered that she won to her Gradma since she knew everybody hated Stephenie. :hmm:

Really, Todd was probably the only recent winner to not have a good idea that he bagged this thing. Maybe Yul as well.

Yeah, and wouldn't Randy have known also as he was next to Marcus in the water when he tossed the bottle.

Maybe Bob and Sugar hatch another comedy dismissal by making Corinne fall for the same thing as Randy. Bob is pretty good at designing fake idols, way better than Ozzy.

But which camp are they at? Is it possible the idol is hidden at the other camp? After Marcus got ousted, they merged and went to one camp, don't remember which one.

Randy is such a jerk, and I wanted him gone so badly, but there was a part of me that felt bad for him looking like such a fool at tribal council. What an embarrassing and disappointing way to get voted out. Painful!

But really entertaining. :giggle:

Oh, that was an excellent Tribal.

I loved how Crystal didn't bother to whisper as she cast her vote and I cracked up at the end when they showed who voted for who and Sugar was saying "LOSER!" This season really surprised me and has turned out to be one of the better ones after all.

Omg, Crystal yelling when she wrote down Randy's name was classic! :applaud:

I don't feel bad for Randy at all. He dug his own grave. He should have kept his mouth shut. Making everyone hate you is not the way to win survivor.

About the idol.. i think there's a real possiblity that Bob is telling the truth. There would be no need to pull one over on Corrine. She's not as hated as Randy and nobody wants another pissed off person on the jury. It would be easier to just tell her she's going next and be done with it. I think Bob really has the idol and is gonna use it to blindside Kenny. But i'd prefer they get rid of Susie first.

Hilarious episode, delicious ending.

Theories on why Bob voted against Susie? He went as far as fooling Randy with the fake immunity idol; why not go the extra step and vote against him too?

It makes it look to Randy that Bob probably thought it was a real idol, and that he was played, too. He wasn't laughing or anything after the idol was revealed to be fake, either. I would assume it was to make it look like he wasn't in on everything.

This way, if Bob makes it far enough, he could still possibly get Randy's vote at the end.

Hilarious episode, delicious ending.

Theories on why Bob voted against Susie? He went as far as fooling Randy with the fake immunity idol; why not go the extra step and vote against him too?

He could be thinking that if he gets to the finals, he could try and convince Randy that he was duped by a fake idol planted by Sugar similar to Jason/Eliza playing Ozzy's stick...but Sugar would certainly debunk this unless she was on the jury and in Bob's corner.

It makes it look to Randy that Bob probably thought it was a real idol, and that he was played, too. He wasn't laughing or anything after the idol was revealed to be fake, either. I would assume it was to make it look like he wasn't in on everything.

This way, if Bob makes it far enough, he could still possibly get Randy's vote at the end.

You typed it just a little faster than me. :hi5:

At the Survivor auction, Kenny wound up with a 1000 bucks, right?:ohmy:

No. Because he spent like $300+ to send Bob to Exile and steal his money. So he ended up with $600+

Like Corinne, I'd have pocketed the money and only spent it on the immunity clue. Most seasons don't have an immunity clue, so I'd have gone home with a cool $500...my stomach could bare not having an extra meal at that price.

Oh man - between Sugar's "message for Randy" and Crystal basically bellowing her farewell to him - I was almost on the floor rolling with laughter.

This season started a bit slow but has turned into the best since Cook Islands.

This season started a bit slow but has turned into the best since Cook Islands.

Cook Islands? Good, but there were so many faceless, non-characters. China had a very well-rounded cast with over-the-top personalities while Micronesia had plenty of excitement whenever the cameras weren't focused on the "fans"....what did Cook Islands have going for it besides an initial twist that went nowhere and Ozzy winning a bunch of immunities? If anything, it had the absolute worst result of the hidden immunity idol as it gave Yul a free pass to the finals since

1) It could be used through the final tribal council.

2) It could be used after the vote.

Nobody in their right mind could target Yul because it would mean one of you would be out on your ass. It was the cheapest, most unfair ploy yet and it's bad enough that the idol saved Yul (& his alliance) once and then handed him a million dollars on a platter. If the idol dies right before the last challenge, Yul's sitting on the jury writing Ozzy's name on a check.

Not that it would be a better result, but Yul had a pretty easy game path. Put me in his body with my own experiences & background and I could have easily snagged myself a million dollars the way he did.

Anyway, still beats the hell out of Fiji. :doh:

Do they keep the unspent money?

Yep. Otherwise, they would just bid $500 even whenever they saw a killer food item since the money isn't really theirs.

I was thinking...wouldn't it be hilarious if Bob managed to use the idol he supposedly has and get Kenny eliminated? After all, it was that switch-up/throwing away of the idol that handed Kenny the power seat in the first place. Otherwise, we'd be watching Randy/Susie/Bob be lapdogs for Marcus/Charlie/Corinne as Marcus sailed to victory as the most boring winner imaginable.

Bruce winning some food in reward challenges pretty much lead to him being taken out of Survivor: Panama....his insides were pretty much clogged. Had he not had the opportunity to fill his gourd with a lot of food, he'd probably have made it through Day 39.

Back
Top Bottom