Survivor Gabon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Randy is an asshole too!

Oh and a side note..I read in the paper today that Erik and Jaime from Survivor China are engaged! I had to go back and look to see who Jaime was:reject: I don't remember them seeming that close on the show...but apparently they entered a contest to win the cost of the wedding and honeymoon and I guess they won

^Yeah, i read that about Erik and Jamie too. I did remember her because of the whole fake immunity idol thing. I believe it was the one that YauMan made and planted. And i remember Erik because he was a virgin. :huh:

They did have a bit of a romance on the show, but neither were major players so they were easy to forget. Erik had no game.

^Yeah, i read that about Erik and Jamie too. I did remember her because of the whole fake immunity idol thing. I believe it was the one that YauMan made and planted. And i remember Erik because he was a virgin. :huh:

They did have a bit of a romance on the show, but neither were major players so they were easy to forget. Erik had no game.

Jamie was the blond right?

You're right on everything except Yau-Man wasn't on that season. They were on Survivor: China. James was told where both idols were at each camp by Todd. Jaime then looked into James's bag, assumed those were the idols, and decided to take one of the ones James had dropped at camp with her in case it happened to be a real idol. I still think Jaime and Eliza playing the fake idols wasn't remotely hilarious in either season...it's a million dollars, why would you downplay a potential savior and get yourself voted out? I'd gladly be made a fool of in the same light since at least it's called trying.

I remember an interview where Jeff Probst said Erik had the least game of anyone he'd ever seen on the show. Take from that what you will.

:rolleyes: Sounds like BS to me. I doubt she's really that evil. I'd wager she's more enamored with this reality TV show thing than she claims. She's sure worked hard enought at creating a character.

But that wouldn't make any sense! Sure, I could see her lying and creating a persona to get on the show but she was recruited. Recruits are picked up off the street because of the way they look (weird, or usually, attractive). She hadn't even watched the show much before besides obviously taking a glance at some Micronesia episodes (hence the occasional Parvati fanaticism). Sekou, for example, was recruited for Cook Islands like two days before the cast flew over there. He'd never seen the show. Becky, also from Cook Islands, was recruited because of her MySpace photograph.

But that wouldn't make any sense! Sure, I could see her lying and creating a persona to get on the show but she was recruited.

But how did they find her? I mean she ain't that hot. There's just something very Johnny Fairplay about that interview, you know? It sounds like someone in the habit of seeking attention.

I think she's very attractive and one of the most attractive they've ever had on here. I'm not sure how they found her but it was off the street most likely. She had recently moved to Los Angeles actually and as of a few weeks ago was seen on the shoulder of the guy who plays Oscar on The Office. Also, she supposedly dated Ethan (Survivor: Africa winner/All Stars) many years ago.

She's actually not the only product of an incestuous Survivor relationship of this season. Eliza gave the casting department a thumbs up for Marcus who works at the same law firm as her.

I still think Jaime and Eliza playing the fake idols wasn't remotely hilarious in either season...it's a million dollars, why would you downplay a potential savior and get yourself voted out? I'd gladly be made a fool of in the same light since at least it's called trying.

C'mon...Eliza looked at the "idol" and said to Jason, "thats not an idol, its a stick!", and then played it...that is damn funny.
And Jaime had just finished telling us how she was not a "dumb blonde" and so forth, but reality proved otherwise.

C'mon...Eliza looked at the "idol" and said to Jason, "thats not an idol, its a stick!", and then played it...that is damn funny.
And Jaime had just finished telling us how she was not a "dumb blonde" and so forth, but reality proved otherwise.

:yes::lol:

Seriously...what is the purpose of sending Sugar to immunity island constantly ? Just so they know she has the idol? I don't get it....
This season has been the most boring I can remember...these people are all just major yawns:|

Gotta give Ken props, he convinced Sugar that Ace would flip on her, then Ace asked for the idol, making Ken's lies seem believable.

How the F is that useless Crystal still there?
Man what a stupid tribe. As much of a snake as Ace was, he is a world better than her.

Ace/Dan both were unintentionally hilarious and I wanted to see more. Susie/Crystal have really nothing to offer us as viewers.

Really, the entire season is based on evil Randy & the very popular Sugar. Corinne may emerge as a larger than life character as well but that remains to be seen. Dan/Matty have had their moments as well, so it's definitely not a wash out of a cash. The scenery is gorgeous, the challenges are more innovative than they've been in recent seasons, and the gameplay still could have a few tricks for us.

And, as seen in next week's preview, naked Corinne. :drool:

If the producers of the show are gonna recruit contestants why do they continue to have "try outs"?

Try outs allow for them to round out the cast with a couple uber-fans and game savvy people. That's how you get, say, a Charlie. Really, I get the feeling that most of the people applying are middle-aged viewers that are overweight like a lot of Middle America is...and really, there isn't much of a difference between one Joe Sixpack and another.

Even though Ace was a snake he was good to watch.
I'm a little sad that he's gone. Crystal is awful. Telling them over and over that she wasn't going to eat and then going on about how they could have saved her some rice :doh: I hope she goes next.
Charlie should get more air time now that Ace has gone.

Corinne may emerge as a larger than life character as well but that remains to be seen.

Actually the biggest reason I'm inclined to revise my opinion on Corinne and agree with you that she really is the way she presented herself in the interview you linked is the fact that she has NOT emerged as a larger than life character. If she really is the way she presented herself, if all she cares about the money then the last thing she's going to do is be some larger than life character around her tribe. She'd more likely fly low under the radar and make sure she's a strong alliance which is what she's done so far. And if she really had to be recruited to be on Survivor and really doesn't care to be a reality TV star I could see her a getting a perverse kind of joy out of hiding that bomabastic side of herself, refusing to entertain the likes of us and sticking it to the producers who thought they'd have this really "interesting" character.

So, if you're correct in your assessment that her "don't give a shit" persona is real, I think she will remain maddeningly bland to the end.

I think she's very attractive and one of the most attractive they've ever had on here.

Really? Well, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. . . :shrug:

The only interesting part of this episode was the Ace blindside. Other than it was pretty dull.

What about Sugar calling out Randy as an ugly person? :lol:

Interesting Corrine theory, maycocksean. I'm buying it.

I think Sugar made a huge mistake. She had nothing to lose in keeping Ace, as she said herself that he was her biggest ally. Instead, she sides with the 100 pound Kenny and useless Crystal, who are absolutely a dog's breakfast when it comes to challenges. Surely she must see them as a possible alliance and she'd would be their third wheel. Of course she has been away from camp a lot but why gamble on Ace when he's proven her a good ally since the beginning?

I still do not understand why Sugar is complaining when she gets to got to Exile Island, where there is good shelter,and food for her to eat. I mean...a little rice or all the fruit you can eat? I would have to choose???

Corrine is very attractive, I am with BMP.

I thought the same about Sugar and even said out loud to the TV for her to stop her whining. I wonder if she ate all the fruit or snuck some back to camp?

Ugh, can't sleep. At least Survivor will take my mind off things. :applaud:

Sugar's move wasn't bad or good. There were costs & benefits from continuing to partner with Ace. She'd be a bigger target at the merge if she walked in there with Ace. Also, well, I won't give away what happens next, but it should be :lol:

I think Randy's really in a position to win this. He's the only person that we're given a strategic update on every single week. If it's a F3 this season, he's an immunity win away from sailing into the finals. Plus, he could even be carried there in order for his alliance to rid themselves of a potential winner like Charlie or Marcus. It would be the strangest winner's arc in history, the anti-social outcast proving to be the greatest social chameleon imaginable. :applaud:

I think Sugar made a huge mistake. She had nothing to lose in keeping Ace, as she said herself that he was her biggest ally. Instead, she sides with the 100 pound Kenny and useless Crystal, who are absolutely a dog's breakfast when it comes to challenges. Surely she must see them as a possible alliance and she'd would be their third wheel. Of course she has been away from camp a lot but why gamble on Ace when he's proven her a good ally since the beginning?

I think she bought Kenny's story and when Ace asked for the idol that confirmed it in her mind. I think she really thought Ace was gunning for her. I agree with with you that she probably would have been better off sticking with Ace but. . .she got snowed. :shrug:

Did you notice when all the tribe had letters from home and were all so emmotional, that Randy had nothing? he was just sitting watching all the others....he is SO peculiar:huh:
Wow...I can't even imagine he would have a chance to win...don't they all see through his bullshit?

Nice blindside last night. They should've dumped Suzie when they had the chance.

As much as I can't stand Crystal and Kenny, you have to give them props for orchestrating these blindsides. Marcus was the easy favorite to win this thing, and now he's gone.

If I'm a Kota member in the Fong tribe, I purposely lose the next immunity challenge in order to get rid of Matty or Sugar. They need the numbers and have to save Bob until the merge.

I agree, but that could very well backfire on them. They seemed pretty convinced that Matty has the idol and Sugar doesn't...if they guess wrong it could bite them in the ass. I hope they do lose though, because I want Bob to stay in the game.

So we're looking at an alliance of Kenny, Suzi, and Crystal? This is a strange season.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom