Survivor Gabon - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #436
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Crystal shows in her interviews that she is a good person and not a sore loser like these other nimwits.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post

Worst challenge competitor ever, and a recent gold medal Olympian.
Totally agree.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:48 PM   #437
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:58 AM
This final run of episodes is among the best I've seen on Survivor. A lot of gamesmanship going on.

Kenny has really overplayed his hand a lot, I think. He is a sharp strategist but he's let that go to his head--he's smart, but not as smart as he thinks he is. His and Crystal's behavior towards Matty cost her the game (and could ultimately cost Kenny his). Sugar was resolutely in their camp into until they had to go and get all nasty.

My main complaint about Charlie, Marcus, Corinne, and Randy is the sense of entitlement I get from them. As if they've somehow been wronged that they are not still in the game. I know it galls them that people they view as beneath them are still in the game and they are not, but let's face it--they got outplayed. There is something very "high school cool kids club" about them that I find deeply annoying, and I'm not looking forward to the pompous, self-righteous talk that's sure to be a part of the final tribal council. Randy and Corinnem espeically, dare not critique anyone for being deceptive, immoral etc since neither of them, by their own admission, appear to have any moral sense at all.

I like Sugar. She's turned out to be a really charismatic and likable character. I don't think she'll get credit for all she did in the game--to the end people will view her as this fluffy coattail rider, which is not fair at all. I like Bob. He managed to finesse his promise to Kenny and still keep his integrity. I loved that he said he wasn't going to give Kenny the immunity because he didn't believe he'd be voted out (he made no promises about Crystal though ) Kenny has made some big moves and I like him despite his big head. Matty, I love for his fighting spirit and his "good guy" persona.

Susie, I'm sure is a fine person in real life but has been a poor competitor. She is a classic Coattail Rider and any of the others would be fools to get rid of her now because anybody should be able to see she'll get no votes at FT. I'll be satisfied if any of the remaining four win.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:22 AM   #438
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:58 AM
Susie is like, invisible. I forget she's even in the game. Why she's still here seriously boggles my mind.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #439
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Susie is like, invisible. I forget she's even in the game. Why she's still here seriously boggles my mind.

Because all the other contestants want to use her like some sort of prop. Everyone knows that she isn't worthy, but they wanna get rid of all the "serious" threats first. I wouldn't be surprised if she were in the Final 3 tonight.

I'm rooting for Bob to win. If Sugar or Kenny wins, that's OK too.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:50 PM   #440
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:58 AM
Sicy? were you one of Randy's chosen guests? If so... I saw you tonight!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #441
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 10:58 PM
I bet you're all sitting around enjoying the show. We have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:07 AM   #442
Blue Crack Addict

This show is just stupid

Susie got 3 votes
why? spite

and Sugar deserved at least 2 or 3
Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #443
Refugee

Local Time: 05:58 PM
It turned into a really fun season. I would have liked to have seen Sugar win since she shook things up so much, but she alienated too many people. I was really surprised that Susie got three votes.

It's cool that Bob won, though -- he's a good guy, a bit boring, but he dominated the challenges. I just wish he'd been more instrumental in dictating the game instead of riding coattails.

I'm glad Jeff was very hard on Corrine in the post-game show. She's hideous.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #444
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
This show is just stupid

Susie got 3 votes
why? spite

and Sugar deserved at least 2 or 3
I agree. wtf. Susie is just plain LAME. Sugar played a good game, way better than Susie's lame game. She should have gotten a couple of votes and she should have at least got fan favorite. Bah I'm annoyed.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:00 AM   #445
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Why did Bob win the million dollars AND the hundred thousand dollars? Doesn't he have enough with the mil? Not fair I wish Sugar had won. And boy was I pissed when Corinne was going off on Sugar! What a she is!! To say those things on national television about a person's departed loved one is just disrespectful. Corinne should have apologized. I'm sad the season is over. But it was kind of fun to see all the contestants all cleaned and polished and made up! They get SO dirty on the show those 39 days!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:59 AM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

They start the voting for the 100K on Thursday, so most of the voters didn't know Bob won the million, and probably assumed he'd be voted out prior to the final 3.

Anyway...worst answers at a final TC by 3 folks going for a million ever. I really like Bob, and am glad he won, but sitting there and saying you had no strategy and just sat back is a dumb way to sway people, he's lucky that he didn't lose Marcus' vote.
Sugar should have made more of a point that she orchestrated some of the strategic moves, she deserved some votes.
How Susie almost won boggles the mind.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
But it was kind of fun to see all the contestants all cleaned and polished and made up! They get SO dirty on the show those 39 days!
Corinne looked good, but I always end up thinking many of them looked better in the jungle than in the reunion where they get bad makeup and hair advice (LividManda being a prime example of this in the past), and last night it was a couple of the guys who fell into this...Kenny's gelled hair looked bad, and Bob's side part made him look older than the way his hair naturally was out in the jungle.

Speaking of Corinne, anyone else see a resemblance to one of our other least favorite Survivor beyothces of the past?:

Old 12-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #448
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

^ Yes! lol.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #449
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Anyone want to bid on survivor items?

eBay Seller: auctioncause: Entertainment Memorabilia, Tickets items on eBay.com
Old 12-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #450
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm glad Bob won. I'm also glad that he won the extra 100,000 bucks. He truly was the MVP of Survivor Gabon. I'll give Susie credit for making the Final 3 and for even garnering 3 votes, but she didn't deserve to win. Sugar burned all of her bridges getting to the Final 3, so she pretty much screwed herself.

What kind of sucks is that 60 Minutes went past 8 o'clock and I started taping from 8 until 11, so I missed the last 30 minutes of the reunion show.

Tags
reality tv, survivor