Survivor Gabon - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #151
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:54 AM
I think Randy is an asshole too!

Oh and a side note..I read in the paper today that Erik and Jaime from Survivor China are engaged! I had to go back and look to see who Jaime was I don't remember them seeming that close on the show...but apparently they entered a contest to win the cost of the wedding and honeymoon and I guess they won

Old 10-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #152
Refugee

Local Time: 07:54 AM
^Yeah, i read that about Erik and Jamie too. I did remember her because of the whole fake immunity idol thing. I believe it was the one that YauMan made and planted. And i remember Erik because he was a virgin.

They did have a bit of a romance on the show, but neither were major players so they were easy to forget. Erik had no game.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultravioletluvv View Post
^Yeah, i read that about Erik and Jamie too. I did remember her because of the whole fake immunity idol thing. I believe it was the one that YauMan made and planted. And i remember Erik because he was a virgin.

They did have a bit of a romance on the show, but neither were major players so they were easy to forget. Erik had no game.
Jamie was the blond right?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 AM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultravioletluvv View Post

You're right on everything except Yau-Man wasn't on that season. They were on Survivor: China. James was told where both idols were at each camp by Todd. Jaime then looked into James's bag, assumed those were the idols, and decided to take one of the ones James had dropped at camp with her in case it happened to be a real idol. I still think Jaime and Eliza playing the fake idols wasn't remotely hilarious in either season...it's a million dollars, why would you downplay a potential savior and get yourself voted out? I'd gladly be made a fool of in the same light since at least it's called trying.

I remember an interview where Jeff Probst said Erik had the least game of anyone he'd ever seen on the show. Take from that what you will.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 AM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Sounds like BS to me. I doubt she's really that evil. I'd wager she's more enamored with this reality TV show thing than she claims. She's sure worked hard enought at creating a character.
But that wouldn't make any sense! Sure, I could see her lying and creating a persona to get on the show but she was recruited. Recruits are picked up off the street because of the way they look (weird, or usually, attractive). She hadn't even watched the show much before besides obviously taking a glance at some Micronesia episodes (hence the occasional Parvati fanaticism). Sekou, for example, was recruited for Cook Islands like two days before the cast flew over there. He'd never seen the show. Becky, also from Cook Islands, was recruited because of her MySpace photograph.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:07 AM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
But that wouldn't make any sense! Sure, I could see her lying and creating a persona to get on the show but she was recruited.
But how did they find her? I mean she ain't that hot. There's just something very Johnny Fairplay about that interview, you know? It sounds like someone in the habit of seeking attention.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:12 AM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think she's very attractive and one of the most attractive they've ever had on here. I'm not sure how they found her but it was off the street most likely. She had recently moved to Los Angeles actually and as of a few weeks ago was seen on the shoulder of the guy who plays Oscar on The Office. Also, she supposedly dated Ethan (Survivor: Africa winner/All Stars) many years ago.

She's actually not the only product of an incestuous Survivor relationship of this season. Eliza gave the casting department a thumbs up for Marcus who works at the same law firm as her.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:36 AM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
I still think Jaime and Eliza playing the fake idols wasn't remotely hilarious in either season...it's a million dollars, why would you downplay a potential savior and get yourself voted out? I'd gladly be made a fool of in the same light since at least it's called trying.

C'mon...Eliza looked at the "idol" and said to Jason, "thats not an idol, its a stick!", and then played it...that is damn funny.
And Jaime had just finished telling us how she was not a "dumb blonde" and so forth, but reality proved otherwise.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #159
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
C'mon...Eliza looked at the "idol" and said to Jason, "thats not an idol, its a stick!", and then played it...that is damn funny.
And Jaime had just finished telling us how she was not a "dumb blonde" and so forth, but reality proved otherwise.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #160
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 06:54 AM
If the producers of the show are gonna recruit contestants why do they continue to have "try outs"?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #161
New Yorker

Seriously...what is the purpose of sending Sugar to immunity island constantly ? Just so they know she has the idol? I don't get it....
This season has been the most boring I can remember...these people are all just major yawns
Old 10-31-2008, 12:59 AM   #162
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Meh Sugar is indeed pretty useless. Glad the snake got blindsided.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:05 AM   #163
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Sugar is really pulling it off. Haha on another trip to the Island tho. I'm glad to see Ace go. He was evil.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:59 AM   #164
Blue Crack Addict

Gotta give Ken props, he convinced Sugar that Ace would flip on her, then Ace asked for the idol, making Ken's lies seem believable.

How the F is that useless Crystal still there?
Man what a stupid tribe. As much of a snake as Ace was, he is a world better than her.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:40 AM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Ace/Dan both were unintentionally hilarious and I wanted to see more. Susie/Crystal have really nothing to offer us as viewers.

Really, the entire season is based on evil Randy & the very popular Sugar. Corinne may emerge as a larger than life character as well but that remains to be seen. Dan/Matty have had their moments as well, so it's definitely not a wash out of a cash. The scenery is gorgeous, the challenges are more innovative than they've been in recent seasons, and the gameplay still could have a few tricks for us.

And, as seen in next week's preview, naked Corinne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
If the producers of the show are gonna recruit contestants why do they continue to have "try outs"?
Try outs allow for them to round out the cast with a couple uber-fans and game savvy people. That's how you get, say, a Charlie. Really, I get the feeling that most of the people applying are middle-aged viewers that are overweight like a lot of Middle America is...and really, there isn't much of a difference between one Joe Sixpack and another.

Tags
reality tv, survivor