Survivor Gabon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cook Islands? Good, but there were so many faceless, non-characters. China had a very well-rounded cast with over-the-top personalities while Micronesia had plenty of excitement whenever the cameras weren't focused on the "fans"....what did Cook Islands have going for it besides an initial twist that went nowhere and Ozzy winning a bunch of immunities? If anything, it had the absolute worst result of the hidden immunity idol as it gave Yul a free pass to the finals since

1) It could be used through the final tribal council.

2) It could be used after the vote.

Nobody in their right mind could target Yul because it would mean one of you would be out on your ass. It was the cheapest, most unfair ploy yet and it's bad enough that the idol saved Yul (& his alliance) once and then handed him a million dollars on a platter. If the idol dies right before the last challenge, Yul's sitting on the jury writing Ozzy's name on a check.

Not that it would be a better result, but Yul had a pretty easy game path. Put me in his body with my own experiences & background and I could have easily snagged myself a million dollars the way he did.

Once the Cook Islands got over the slow start it was awesome. Candace and Jonathan mutineering to Raro, Aitu's revenge by sending Candace to exile over and over causing her to have a breakdown, Jonathan backstabbing everyone again, Candace and Adam basically hooking up, Sundra and Becky's hour and a half long final fire battle at the tribal council, Ozzy's awesome athleticism, Becky being ignored and mocked during the final tribal council... It was predictable who would win - but the Cook Islands season resembles this current season as the "weaker" team has risen phoenix like to dominate the game.

I loved China - and loved the continual blindsiding in Fans VS Favourites as well - but IMO Cook Islands was awesome fun.

Bottom line:

Randy doesn't know how to play the game of Survivor.

If anything, a lot of his behavior is mugging for the cameras--hoping for a shot at reality-TV fame. I'm not surprised at all he'd stick up for Ace. They're cut from the same attention-seeking cloth.

Sugar, on the other hand, I'm liking more and more. She's fun to watch and cute to boot. She knows how to play the social game and I could see her profiting from the post-show 15 minutes of fame as well. Good for her!

Sugar is awesome. Her cracking up as Randy handed over the fake idol was absolute Survivor gold. So damn funny.:applaud:

Bruce winning some food in reward challenges pretty much lead to him being taken out of Survivor: Panama....his insides were pretty much clogged. Had he not had the opportunity to fill his gourd with a lot of food, he'd probably have made it through Day 39.

How do you remember all this stuff?? That's pretty good. I cant keep any of them straight or remember all the old cast members, there have been so many seasons of Survivor.

How do you remember all this stuff?? That's pretty good. I cant keep any of them straight or remember all the old cast members, there have been so many seasons of Survivor.

Bit of a refresher here or there on Sucks, but about 90% of it is glued into my skull. I just have an excellent memory for a lot of things. I can even remember my reactions to most of the winners and where I was at the time. :lol:

Jenna? Jenna! :angry:

I take that one back now given that they made her look more evil for storyline purposes and that Matt had absolutely no game. I remember the All Stars finale absolutely sucking because I knew that Rob/Amber were still dating & that it seemed to be headed towards marriage, so the winner didn't matter.

The most frightened I ever was involved Survivor: Thailand....I counted up the numbers and saw that Clay had an opening which made me absolutely sick. We should all be thankful, that from an objective standpoint, the right person has won in all 16 seasons thus far. You might not have liked the person at the time, but compare the games of one person at the final tribal to the other one (or two) and it's hard not to praise the jury for letting bygones be bygones.

I've downloaded more than that.....Survivor UK 1/2....Australian Survivor (a must see)....Celebrity Survivor Australia.....Survivor South Africa 1/2......love having extra doses of Survivor. :drool:

I haven't kept any of the seasons though. The only one I've re-watched was Survivor: Borneo on OLN which holds up very well since the challenges don't take up nearly as much of the episode as they do now. I also saw a few Australian Outback episodes which were great but not as good as Borneo...Borneo's probably the best, but Australian Outback seemed superior at the time just because more people you knew were watching it and the media saturation was pretty intense, thus hyping the season up further.

I also managed to catch a Survivor: Thailand episode...the one right before the fake merge where the annoying Robb is voted out. Just as boring as I remembered it. :down:

If you're an Amazing Race fan (I'm actually behind on this season), you can also check out The Amazing Race: Asia...teams from all over Asia compete...you can probably find it on torrents, completely in English.

On another note, I've done the Survivor Hall Of Fame at Survivor Sucks for a few years now. I think we've come up with a pretty good list of the show's greatest characters that have made this truly the greatest reality franchise in history.

Here's the complete list of inductees:

b2e1578e69ec0e7866a7bfec61d132774306b23.jpg

Borneo: Richard/Kelly/Rudy/Sue/Colleen/Greg/Gretchen
Australian Outback: Tina/Colby/Elisabeth/Jerri/Mike
Africa: Ethan/Lex/Tom/Teresa
Marquesas: Kathy/Paschal/Sean/Rob M
Thailand: Brian/Shii-Ann
Amazon: Jenna/Rob C
Pearl Islands: Sandra/Johnny Fairplay/Rupert
Vanuatu: Chris/Eliza/Ami
Palau: Tom/Stephenie
Guatemala: (none)
Panama - Exile Island: Newly Eligible

Contestants need 25% to stay on a given ballot and 65% of the vote to be elected. There's also a five year-maximum that one can be on the ballot before being removed entirely. This is our seventh election.

Vote In The Survivor: Hall Of Fame

Thought I might draw in some more fans that are fun to talk with while I'm lurking around here for opinions on the recent Edge interview.

I've downloaded more than that.....Survivor UK 1/2....Australian Survivor (a must see)....Celebrity Survivor Australia.....Survivor South Africa 1/2......love having extra doses of Survivor. :drool:

I didn't ad that I also have Survivor Australia, Celebrity Survivor Australia, Survivor South Africa seasons 1 and 2, Greek Survivor and some weird Norwegian thing that is like Survivor but they live in village. I didnt even know there was a UK Survivor - since they have 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' and that other show where people are on islands and they have to have the most tribe members at the end. Kind of Survivor in reverse. I'm not sure if its an official Survivor. I've hung on to all of them. When the current Survivor finishes I tend to dip in to an old season to tide me over. After Gabon I reckon it's time to give the Marquesas another whirl!

I also whole heartedly agree The Amazing Race Asia is awesome. Season 3 has just ended - literally yesterday. I'm so glad I have a huge download allowance - I've got the 3 AR Asias and all 13 or so that have been on CBS. You can also see the Brazilian version - its on Mininova.

For the record, I didn't make that lovely image. All I've really done for this little project is come up with it and create the polls every six months. To be honest, I rarely ever discuss Survivor any more over at that forum although I love discussing other shows there with Survivor fans...aside from that hilarious Amanda cartoon, Sucks itself hasn't been that funny for the last few years.

I'm definitely a die-hard but there's hundreds of people on that forum alone that can top me.

thatsnotmypuppy, you should seek out Survivor UK 1/2...since you don't know they exist, you probably don't know who wins either of them which would be a big plus. Neither is superb, but they're both worth watching.

So...what do you suppose Bob gets in return for dinging Randy with the fake idol? After all they were an alliance...making him the butt of the joke isn't very nice. I'm guessing at the very least he gets to stay past Corinne, I wonder if he'll be able to flip it because if not it's Kenny, Crystal, and Suzie in the f3 and we all know who wins then. "I'm like a rat" love that been busting it out for weeks now.

People can't remember Amber? And you do remember that Rob M also shacked up with Sarah in Marquesas, right? :lol:

But yes, Amber wasn't elected to the Hall of Fame and neither was Vecepia. I don't think Danni or Aras stand much of a chance while Yul/Earl are hardly locks. I think Survivor Sucks will elect...

Panama: Cirie (with Shane posting some good numbers but never passing the post)

Cook Islands: Jonathan (first ballot), Parvati (at some point, with Yul/Ozzy doing alright)

Fiji: I think Earl/Yau-Man will have their backers but, like Guatemala, could lead to no inductees.

China: Todd/Courtney/Peih-Gee (first ballot?), Amanda (75% likely) (James also has an important place in Survivor lore, I guess)

Micronesia: Preferably nobody since the fans weren't really the best of characters. Natalie stands the best chance based on her game play, but it would be ridiculous to induct someone that was completely invisible until the last few episodes.

Gabon: Randy/Sugar, Ken (if he wins)

If there is another fans vs. favorites installment, Sugar/Randy are absolute locks.

Er, um, yes?

Anybody here want to see more of Ace? The guy definitely got a truncated story-arc and could have been fun to watch (or laugh at) if he'd made the merge. I wouldn't mind seeing him return in a future season as he's certainly very, ahem, unique.

Hmm...you might all like this as well. I recently used a poll system with a lot of respondents to come up with the 40 Greatest Players in the show's history. Here's the bunch:

1. Richard Hatch, Borneo: 545
2. Cirie Fields, Panama: 543.8
3. Earl Cole, Fiji: 538.1
4. Vecepia Towery, Marquesas: 533.9

5. Rob Cesternino, Amazon: 528.5
6. Parvati Shallow/Cirie Fields, Micronesia: 528.1
8. Jenna Morasca, Amazon: 506.6
9. Todd Herzog, China: 506.5

10. Jon "Johnny Fairplay" Dalton, Pearl Islands: 497.1
11. Brian Heidik, Thailand: 470.1
12. Yul Kwon, Cook Islands: 466.5

13. Tina Wesson, Australian Outback: 464.8
14. Sandra Diaz Twine, Pearl Islands: 458.5

15. Yau-Man Chan, Fiji: 450.5
16. Tom Westman, Palau: 428.4
17. Rafe Judkins, Guatemala: 426.2
18. Ami Cusack, Vanuatu: 423.7
19. Amber Brkich, All Stars: 410.3
20. Kathy Vavrick O'Brien, Marquesas: 405.2
21. Chris Daugherty, Vanuatu: 402.2
22. Peih-Gee Law, China: 378.9
23. Danni Boatwright, Guatemala: 368.8
24. Rob Mariano, All Stars: 368.4
25. Cassandra Franklin, Fiji: 367.6
26. Ethan Zohn, Africa: 364.3
27. Twila Tanner, Vanuatu: 349.6
28. Colby Donaldson, Australian Outback: 338.4
29. Teresa Cooper, Africa: 326.6
30. Stephenie LaGrossa, Guatemala: 307.7
31. Aras Baskauskas, Panama: 306.9
32. Candice Woodcock, Cook Islands: 284.9
33. Kelly Wigglesworth, Borneo: 281.2
34. Julie Berry, Vanuatu: 257.4
35. Amanda Kimmel, China: 235.4
36. Clay Jordan, Thailand: 213.9
37. Eliza Orlins, Vanuatu: 209.5
38. Scout Cloud Lee, Vanuatu: 205.4
39. Parvati Shallow, Cook Islands: 204.2
40. Stephenie LaGrossa, Palau: 198

With Hatch out of prison next year could we see a Survivor made up of all the past winners? I could imagine Tina and maybe Ethan being hold outs - but surely the 20th season (if it gets there) should be one big huge winner face-off.

Furthermore I wonder if we will ever get the planned Survivor Arabia ? 9-11 caused the cancellation of the planned season in Jordan - which brought us to the Marquesas instead for season 4. :reject:

Way too volatile a situation for Arabia...also, I don't think they want another "hot" climate after Survivor: Africa had a mostly tepid response from viewers.

Tina/Ethan wouldn't be the likeliest holdouts among winners...I think they'd all be game because it's an even playing field. Just give them at least 50K for playing and they'll all sign up. Probst has talked about in the past, quite often in fact. If production wants to go ahead and do an all winner's edition, it's in their court. The only people that couldn't play are female winners that are pregnant, so as long as Amber, Jenna or Danni or Parvati don't get knocked up by their spouse, they'll all be there.

There's probably another five years before it would ever happen for the last person I mentioned. Rock on, girl. :applaud:

Er, um, yes?

Anybody here want to see more of Ace? The guy definitely got a truncated story-arc and could have been fun to watch (or laugh at) if he'd made the merge. I wouldn't mind seeing him return in a future season as he's certainly very, ahem, unique.

Hmm...you might all like this as well. I recently used a poll system with a lot of respondents to come up with the 40 Greatest Players in the show's history. Here's the bunch:

1. Richard Hatch, Borneo: 545
2. Cirie Fields, Panama: 543.8
3. Earl Cole, Fiji: 538.1
4. Vecepia Towery, Marquesas: 533.9

5. Rob Cesternino, Amazon: 528.5
6. Parvati Shallow/Cirie Fields, Micronesia: 528.1
8. Jenna Morasca, Amazon: 506.6
9. Todd Herzog, China: 506.5

10. Jon "Johnny Fairplay" Dalton, Pearl Islands: 497.1
11. Brian Heidik, Thailand: 470.1
12. Yul Kwon, Cook Islands: 466.5

13. Tina Wesson, Australian Outback: 464.8
14. Sandra Diaz Twine, Pearl Islands: 458.5

15. Yau-Man Chan, Fiji: 450.5
16. Tom Westman, Palau: 428.4
17. Rafe Judkins, Guatemala: 426.2
18. Ami Cusack, Vanuatu: 423.7
19. Amber Brkich, All Stars: 410.3
20. Kathy Vavrick O'Brien, Marquesas: 405.2
21. Chris Daugherty, Vanuatu: 402.2
22. Peih-Gee Law, China: 378.9
23. Danni Boatwright, Guatemala: 368.8
24. Rob Mariano, All Stars: 368.4
25. Cassandra Franklin, Fiji: 367.6
26. Ethan Zohn, Africa: 364.3
27. Twila Tanner, Vanuatu: 349.6
28. Colby Donaldson, Australian Outback: 338.4
29. Teresa Cooper, Africa: 326.6
30. Stephenie LaGrossa, Guatemala: 307.7
31. Aras Baskauskas, Panama: 306.9
32. Candice Woodcock, Cook Islands: 284.9
33. Kelly Wigglesworth, Borneo: 281.2
34. Julie Berry, Vanuatu: 257.4
35. Amanda Kimmel, China: 235.4
36. Clay Jordan, Thailand: 213.9
37. Eliza Orlins, Vanuatu: 209.5
38. Scout Cloud Lee, Vanuatu: 205.4
39. Parvati Shallow, Cook Islands: 204.2
40. Stephenie LaGrossa, Palau: 198

I would definitely have preferred Ace stay over the likes of Crystal and Susie to be sure.

As for the poll...Vecepia at #4 all time? wow. And Ozzy not in the top 40? Like it or not, challenges are a large part of the game and he was dominant in those, and he was a runner up, plus got Eliza to play a stick as an immunity idol.
At least Rupert didn't make it.

And isn't #21 from American Idol? :wink:

Sorry, but Tom Westman is easily the best Survivor ever! He played a flawless game. :up:

We all know Richard Hatch is a total asshole and he probably wouldn't have lasted very long on other seasons of Survivor. I really couldn't see Hatch ever returning to Survivor for any sort of All Star Survivor show. Remember, Hatch is the fool that never paid taxes on his Million dollars and got busted for it. Forget Hatch! He is a world class scumbag. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom