Survivor Gabon - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegee View Post
This people has seen every episode of Survivor since the show first aired in 2000. So, basically, every Thursday night, for the past eight years at 8pm PST, I have sat on my couch for one hour, watching Survivor. It's a little strange to think of it that way, but there it is. I never miss Survivor.

Survivor Africa happens to be the season which produced my all-time favorite sole survivor, Ethan Zohn. And while I enjoyed that season very much, it was not my favorite season. That spot goes to Survivor All-Stars in 2004.
Me too, I haven't missed a single episode....it is my favourite show after all. If there was just Survivor on tv, I'd could live with that. I'd say All-Stars was my favourite too.

The plan is that Survivor 20 will be the second AS and it will have all the past winners competing. The only problem is the timing for when Hatch gets out of jail and if he would even want to do the show.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:10 PM
All Stars provoked two opposite reactions it seems. It's either loved and thought of as one of the best or is absolutely despised. I'm in the latter category. Not only was it unfair and led to all of the A-listers being knocked out early, but it was incredibly dull since we already knew what these characters would be bringing to the table. Easily the worst season in my eyes and I was only amused by moments in the first three or four episodes before it became apparent how it would play out.

Also, I unknowingly discovered the F2 by accident. By like Episode 5 I had noticed that the opening credits showed a person's card and then live action footage of themselves moving. However, three of these orders were reversed and it was that way for Tina & Romber. Obviously, the odds were infinitesimal that this happened by chance. Strangely, I never reported it to another website as it was a pretty obvious clue planted by the producers although some other fans confirmed to me afterward that I was correct.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:45 AM   #138
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 02:10 PM
The only Survivor I have missed is Marquesas. They didn't show it here and it was before the internet had taken off
Old 10-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

They didn't show it there because you had Australian Survivor - Whaler's Way, right? That's a kick ass season with a great cast & some wonderful twists and turns. I'd rank it in my Top Five and it's the only foreign season that any die-hard really needs to see. Better than Marquesas, in my opinion, but Marquesas was another perfect season in its own right with the first "comeback" winner.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:16 AM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

I also liked All Stars.
And though most despise Romber, especially the Rob half, I enjoyed watching him in this edition (much more than Marquesas where he played poorly), he stepped up his game, and dominated challenges (I especially remember him physically dominating Colby in one of the battle challenges which opened some eyes) while orchestrating his place in the final 2.
The only part of All Stars that I disliked was the free pity million for Rupert.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #141
Refugee

I used to hate Rob in Marquesas and especially Romber in AS but then I changed and really was going for them in Amazing Race.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #142
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:10 PM
This season is one of the more boring ones. Hope something exciting happens quick.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

Completely boring.
Damn.
I guess I'll just have to watch more World Series Of Poker
Old 10-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #144
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Next week not one but TWO get voted off!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #145
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Really?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:57 AM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

That's right, they mentioned this on the preview.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:43 AM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
(I especially remember him physically dominating Colby in one of the battle challenges which opened some eyes)
Unbeknown to nearly every viewer at the time, including myself, Colby had just come off a motorcycle accident and the resulting surgery/therapy. That's why he looked kind of smaller in All Stars. He actually really wanted to back out and didn't feel like playing again but Mark Burnett did some convincing and supposedly gave him an extra bonus.

I think Rob played a good game the second time but not a great one. He made a deal with Lex and should've let him stick around another round or two. That would've made the difference and secured Rob the million dollars. Instead, he wanted to act like a downright bastard and play up his own arrogance. I also have no idea why he decided to actually do things around camp the second time. If he was such a great carpenter, food provider, etc. then why didn't he do any of that in Marquesas? All he did in that season was lay around and be annoying as hell, calling himself "The Godfather" as the numbers dwindled to zero. Argh.

Still though, Rob lucked out 100%. The other Rob was an automatic target after being declared by many to be the best player to never win, if not ever. The rest of Chapera had a bunch of cannon fodder like Alicia, Tom & Amber that really never would take initiative and switch up the game. Same for Rupert once he joined NuChapera. Not that Rob would've been targeted anyway. He was a physical asset and had a poor track record strategically, making the merge an assured thing.

Lex actually walked into a better position though but he decided to toss away the game by voting out the Richard-Colby-Ethan trifecta that continually weakened his own tribe, causing them to lose immunity after immunity.

Whatever though, I'm sick of discussing it and how disappointing it all was...so glad they didn't include winners on Fans vs. Favorites and that the returnees in Micronesia all had a decent chance at playing this game. Any of Yau-Man, Eliza, Ozzy, hell even Johnny Fairplay really could've made it far in Survivor: Micronesia because they were playing against other former players & fans that didn't have the jealousy factor that the All Star contestants had.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:14 AM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

For the record, I really can't stand Randy. He's just an asshole. It's fine if people find that entertaining. I don't.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Sounds like BS to me. I doubt she's really that evil. I'd wager she's more enamored with this reality TV show thing than she claims. She's sure worked hard enought at creating a character.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #150
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
For the record, I really can't stand Randy. He's just an asshole. It's fine if people find that entertaining. I don't.
I'm with ya.

Tags
reality tv, survivor