Survivor Caramoan - Fans Vs. Favorites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I remember at the very beginning of last season, Malcolm was flirting and more with the little blondie girl, and he really was not game playing (at least survivor game playing) until she got voted out. When she was out, he changed completely and by the hair of his chin, made it to the merge...This season he has been on his game the entire time. I like Malcolm, but he may not survive much longer (And yes Sicy..I agree, he is super sexy! LOVE his hair! :drool: )

isn't he going to give it to Reynolds, that is the honorable thing

I agree. If he gives a shit about Reynold's non vote or vote for the million dollars, he should give him the idol. If not then he looks like a chump. And that's coming from somebody who is rooting for him to win. Shit, even though I think Reynold is a douche, he should have told Malcolm "no" and stuck to using it for himself. Yeah, only Malcolm voted for him, but its the principal.

Holy gods; that was damn near a classic scenario as you could think of at tribal council. I was really hoping Malcolm and Eddie would keep their idols to complete the inversion, but obviously in real life without the edit they correctly sussed out that everyone (save Erik) was going to stick with the original plan.

Malcolm did overplay his hand in one regard, though- insulting Phillip on his way out. Just bite your tongue, save the disses for the confessional, and let Phillip exit thinking Malcolm targeted him because he was such a badass leader, and maybe he'd vote for Malcolm at the end because of the gamesmanship shown?

It's true they're still down 6-3, but swinging one or two stray votes is now far easier, and stacking votes evenly on two of the three members just got riskier.

fillup! :lol:

How nice was Brenda to dive in the water and find Dawn's teeth?

Gotta give props to Reynold for his immunity challenge win. That was quite impressive.

They were right in targeting Reynold originally (before the challenge) cause that guy is very impressive in physical challenges and probably the best ever on the show when it comes to throwing things (aim etc) in challenges. He will win a few more I think.

Its funny having watched this show since its inception the wife and I have a running joke that as soon as the edit shows people saying "we're taking out player X tonight" one of us says to the other "so player X is safe tonight". So once they targeted Reynold I said to her "Reynold is winning the immunity challenge" before seeing what it even was. Then I said that once Malcolm found the 2nd idol, they could pull off exactly what they did by him giving an idol to Eddie, but we assumed Malcolm would keep one idol for himself and not save Eddie, so glad he thought otherwise, fantastic viewing.
The point when they were all whispering and scrambling about who to vote for... "it has to be Phillip", "Andrea? Yeah Andrea"... was some of the best stuff at a TC ever. I wish Erik (and was shocked that it was him of all people who thought of it) hadn't brought up the possibility that they could hold the idols cause then Fill-up said "stick to the plan" which all but Erik (ironically) did. Luckily they played the idols, but Malcolm could have saved his since Eddie got 4 votes and he only got 2, and the Pink Pantied Panther would have gone home anyway.
Cockring seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the fact that his alliance was being hit since he loves the game so much...and I was enjoying it as well.

Here's hoping Malcolm, Eddie or Reynold find one or even 2 more idols next week as well.

It's true they're still down 6-3, but swinging one or two stray votes is now far easier, and stacking votes evenly on two of the three members just got riskier.

Only a fool would join up with those three. The best move for the remaining six is stay together and try to drive these three into the ground, and the sooner the better. My understanding is that there would only be one immunity idol put back into play so there's no way they could repeat last nights feat. One of them would HAVE to go home. Malcolm and Reynold in particular are fearsome competitors, and particularly on physical challenges they'd be near impossible to beat. There is a lot more room for the six to jockey for position if the three are gone.

Though if I were one of the three, I'd pick off two from the now head-less Stealth R Us and convince them that I'd take them to the end instead of the other two jocks.

For all his foolishness, Phillip actually was some sort of a leader. His urging the team to stick to the plan was astute advice even if it cost him the game. I also think that as annoying and condescending as he was, I think he did a lot to hold that alliance together and to shut out the three. Malcolm and Co talked about they felt that even though it was a game they should all get along better and would do so better without Philip. That may have been true, but I think they also realized that Phillip was a large part of the reason they were so completely locked out of the Stealth Alliance. With him gone, they can work on charming two over to their side.

finally got around to watching this just now
yes, a good episode.

I pretty much agree with what Sean wrote. Phillip never really panicked. And saying stick to the plan, I don't care if I go home showed he had some stones in those pink panties. I thought they might hold back one idol.

I really felt for Dawn. I hope she settles down. I don't care who wins as long as it is not Reynolds, Malcolm, Eddie or Eric.

Malcolm was the main person I was rooting for, but it was a smart move to eliminate him. CockRing's antics were classic. I suppose he's next in line for me to root for, but Brenda (for different reasons :wink:) is worthy of my support.

what killed Malcolm was being boxed off in alliance with two other fit men- there's no way in hell you can convince two people to flip and join you, even with a more "efficient" 5-man alliance, when said flippers are going to be facing a bear of an immunity challenge trying to get into the final four or three and a pissed off jury facing you even if you do make it.

With Malcolm out, that leaves Andrea and Cochran as my rooting interests.

what killed Malcolm was boxing himself off in alliance with two other fit men- there's no way in hell you can convince people to flip and join you, even with a more "efficient" 5-man alliance, when said flippers are going to be facing a bear of an immunity challenge trying to get into the final four or three and a pissed off jury facing you even if you do make it.

With Malcolm out, that leaves Andrea and Cochran as my rooting interests.

Well, being a top returning player, Malcolm had the proverbial target on his back from Day 1, but the moment was finally there to vote him out. CockRing and Andrea have a good chance of going to the Final 3. Hell, Dawn could possibly be there as well.

with the 6 favorites, any of them can believe when the buff guys are gone they have at least a so-so chance of winning immunity

I can't believe how stupid these players are when they try and entice people to flip with join us and you will be fifth.

I can't believe how stupid these players are when they try and entice people to flip with join us and you will be fifth.

Well we did see Malcolm trying to persuade Blonde Bullock by saying he would go to the end with her, so he gets some credit for trying there.

He should have just dug up the immunity idol with Andrea watching, better to have it and have everyone know than not have it.

As for Blonde Bullock (who tells us she is in control), she reminds me of an older version of Natalie (I think that was her name) the one who convinced Erik to give up his idol.

I kind of hope Reynold wins his way to the end just to put as many monkey wrenches as possible in the alliance of 6's plans.

Good for Cockring for winning the challenge, but suddenly he seems to be getting cocky(Cockring getting cocky, this stuff just writes itself :wink:)....and we know what happens when someone gets cocky (see my post a few weeks ago about Malcolm getting cocky).

He should have just dug up the immunity idol with Andrea watching, better to have it and have everyone know than not have it.

Exactly! who cares if she knew he had it! Only thing I can think of why he would not have kept digging, is that she may have started digging too and maybe he thought she would have found it?

So what was Malcolm's fatal decision?

Was it to reveal and use his hidden immunity idol last week? (If he hadn't, Eddie would have gone home but Malcolm would have been safe this week). Granted it was exciting to watch and seemed a very strong move at the time, but in hindsight it's beginning to look kind of foolish.

Or was it his failure to make a convincing offer to the people in the six that he wanted to peal off? For starters he only talked to Blonde Bullock, letting the other two "handle" Erik. He should have been talking to both himself, and he should have been making the argument "I can't the other two 'bros' with me to the final three--they are too much physical competition. Stick with me and I promise you final three." That would have been a deal worth taking, and one that Malcolm would have had good reason to honor.

Or was it simply this:

Or was it all three that doomed him?

I liked Malcolm and I wanted to believe he was a great player. But he's shown some poor judgement. Good, but not one of the greatest to play the game.

I'm rooting for Cochran, Andrea, Brenda. Any one or more of them in the final three and I will be pleased.

Although now that I think about it, I don't know that Malcolm could have made a compelling case to anyone to go to the final three with him: Who would want to sit across from him at the final tribal? Only someone gullible (which is why talking to Erik might have been wise, plus Erik could convince himself that he's strong enough to beat Malcolm at the last immunity challenge). I guess Malcolm could have hinted that even with his physical strength he might not win an endurance type final challenge. The idea would have been to give the people he wanted to bring over the idea that they could elimanate him prior to the final three if they won the last immunity challenge but that he would take them if he won. THAT would have been a deal worth taking.

yes, I don't understand why Matt did not just keep looking for it,
he could have moved around, to a couple of different places to confuse her (not hard to do) also he found the last idol with everyone watching him

also, why not go back to Eddie and Reynolds and tell them where to look
and then do some type of distraction, that way any or all 3 could look at once in the right and wrong places.

I will say, stealth R us, is holding strong and running this game, Phillip deserves some credit.

Cochran, deserves full credit too. He knew what to bid on and win. I can't believe other players did not have more single-mindedness during the bidding. Brenda, was funny, she ate some brains, just to get her moneys worth, even though there was plenty of rice and beans waiting. Also Cochran played his advantage 100% right, he was not stupid and waiting until he got weak and tired to move up two.

Malcolm got voted out because as I've said before (this season and in the past), he's not as smart as he thinks he is and on top of that he's overly arrogant. Good riddance!

I think Cochran is being set up as the winner. The two guys, Reynold and Eddie have no chance. Eric's odds are better but he's also not the brightest bulb in the room. If Cochran is smart he'll get rid of Andrea immediately after the men are gone.

Dawn/Brenda/Sherri are good people to go take to the F3 if he ends up being the de facto leader.

I think anyone who is left will plan on taking Sherri to final 3. No one will vote for her to win, she has been pretty useless in all challenges and has little chance to win any immunities IMO. If Reynold can do well in the remaining challenges, he has a chance. (Slim) I think we will see Cochron, Andrea/Brenda, and Sherri in final 3

Malcolm was a dumbass for not continuing to look for the idol even with Andrea sitting right there. He found one already with other people around. Why stop now? That was Malcolm's fatal decision. I don't see Bullock making it to the Final 3. She'll gone before then. I hear she's already receiving offers to be in The Blindside 2. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom