Survivor: Cambodia- Second Chance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems like all four of them would have gained by just ditching Abi-Maria outright...I think Varner's injury made it a different story as they feared him as a player and he was the most useless male left out there.

At least this proves that the players that didn't get a backstory in the premiere episode aren't necessarily all going home soon. I think it does prove though that those remaining five (Keith, Monica, Stephen, Woo, Terry) must not end up playing a big part story-wise in how this season plays out. Of course, they've given plenty of airtime, anyway, to Stephen and Terry, but I think it's clear that none of those five are going to win the game.

A shame to lose the season's best character only a handful of episodes in. :down:

Varner was far from the best character and I'm glad he's gone. He had no game. This early in the season, they've barely scratched the surface as to who the best character is. Because her tribe keeps losing, the focus continues to be on Abi-normal.

And good gravy, was Kass' attempt give a gift to Kelley Wentworth transparent. She tried to make an Idol and was caught in the act. Chaos my ass.

Agree... not sad about losing Varner. Abi is the most entertaining so far. Hope some other people become more exciting.

Abi-Maria was the most sought after returning player for years on places like Survivor Sucks and probably by far the most entertaining contestant coming into this season. On the other hand, it's also not a surprise that she is the sole person that has attended every single tribal council so far.

Savage and Tasha working together to be in control of the tribe is an interesting twist. They are wise to string Abi-Normal along because she is now pretty much putty in their hands because they have said all the right things to her to stroke her ego. She is a complete nut-case though! and Tasha may lose her patience with her soon. I hate it when one tribe loses constantly , though... mainly because we see zero of the other tribes because editing focuses so much on the losing team and their implosions!

Exactly! We're stuck seeing her because the tribes she has been on keep losing. The only reason she's entertaining is because we're all hoping she completely loses it.

Over on Sucks, they've actually managed to timestamp all of the promotional shots which can lead to episode spoilering, etc. If you go over to their MESS Hall, you can take a look at it. It's certainly interesting to see when these events were taking place on a given day (like 1:17 PM) because all of these images have the times stamped in their metadata. It will basically give away who loses immunity next week though since there's images of only one tribe after the immunity challenges (gee, I wonder why?), but it's certainly interesting because when watching the show we don't know what is edited out of context or flown in from three days prior, etc. The time stamps don't lie. :up:

Why would they time stamp the shots? Who exactly? The show? Yeah I don't like spoilers nor do I really like trying to figure out who's gonna win / lose / etc. It kinda takes the fun out of the show for me. Though I do get wanting to know if the days are backwards or out of context.

Why would they time stamp the shots? Who exactly? The show? Yeah I don't like spoilers nor do I really like trying to figure out who's gonna win / lose / etc. It kinda takes the fun out of the show for me. Though I do get wanting to know if the days are backwards or out of context.

Pretty much all modern digital photography embeds the time the photo was taken into the image file itself, hence how these spoilers were able to uncover that data.

I'm not reading spoilers for this season and haven't really for years, and thankfully, we haven't had a season recently that has been heavily spoiled (most of them not at all, basically). But the MESS Hall area is always interesting in order to see how these sleuths figured the next (or last) episode would play out.

Wow that was a shocker. Some people on FB are saying that they may have thrown that challenge to get Monica out, I dunno.

The decision to have Jeremy not participate in the challenge was definitely strange. And Fishhead hitting the other team's target was questionable, plus he laughed afterwards.

Wow that was a shocker. Some people on FB are saying that they may have thrown that challenge to get Monica out, I dunno.

Their entire imperative for booting her was because of the conversation with Kimmi, but it's possible the editors placed things out of order.

It was a great, ingenious blindside...half the tribe not seeing it coming and the first original Bayon to get the chop. Best of all? The show actually improves without Monica around. :up:

Four of the first five boots lacked an opening flashback storyline as I mentioned earlier. That still leaves Woo, Terry and Keith likely to be drawing dead real soon.

The decision to have Jeremy not participate in the challenge was definitely strange. And Fishhead hitting the other team's target was questionable, plus he laughed afterwards.

That challenge is unfair to the tribe in the middle as they have twice as good a chance at inadvertently hitting another team's target. :down:

That was too funny. They've barely shown Monica and then when they finally do for an extended period of time, she's gets voted out. I knew (and I'm sure I'm not alone) that she'd be gone as soon as she remarked about going to tribal council. Kimmi could barely contain her contempt for her. That was hilarious too.

Sorry about that. I'm not sure it constitutes a spoiler though as it's more a theory of mine that seems to have proven mostly correct...I mean, it was the editor's choice not to give those people airtime in the first episode.

I actually forgot a name though, so perhaps that will help. I'll refrain from posting my theories on the edit in the future though, just thought it was a little blatant this season.

Yeah, no problem, and my "theory" is mainly a guess anyway, but I think everyone in this thread has seen enough of this show to know just as well that the irrelevant players are usually barely shown and that lately the front-runners tend to get a lot of airtime.

As far as guessing the winner goes, does anybody think it's not Spencer at this point? I thought it seemed rather blatant from the beginning of this season, but yet every single week we're given another boring batch of Spencer narrating his own gameplay. Tasha seems like the only other contender with a similar story arc as she too seems to have a weekly segment describing her game.

Biggest disappointment of the season so far has to be Kass. Just not an interesting person when she's trying to hide who she really is and it's cringe inducing when she pretends to actually have an interest in these other people.

Way too early to figure based on their edit. Spencer and Tasha (Savage too) have both just survived situations that looked dire for a short time, edit may be because of that. I think post merge will be more telling as far as them possibly tipping their hand with the edit.

If they were to go by the amount of tv time, Abi-normal would be the winner. I wouldn't be surprised if she made it to at least the Final 4 because she's a good pawn for someone else. I think Jeremy could be the winner because he's the total package. This game is about socialization and cunning and he has both. Spencer is socially challenged and that could be his downfall. Kimmi is street savy, but has a tough time keeping her emotions in check.

It would be interesting to see a power player or two actually take Abi-Maria to the finals and Mike or Lisa threw away a million dollars by not doing so in her previous season. However, it's hard to get away with because if you're making it obvious that you're going to be in the finals and Abi-Maria's going to be in the finals, then there's a lot of people left in the game realizing they're fighting over just one spot. Seems like she'll get snipped a few rounds before the end by someone wanting to make the others be loyal to one another.

That was too funny. They've barely shown Monica and then when they finally do for an extended period of time, she's gets voted out. I knew (and I'm sure I'm not alone) that she'd be gone as soon as she remarked about going to tribal council. Kimmi could barely contain her contempt for her. That was hilarious too.

I knew that tribe was definitely going to tribal because the editing actually spent time showing them this week. That has now become a dead give away for the tribe that is going to tribal! and giving airtime to Monica was the give away she was out. I mean had we seen more than 2 seconds of her previously? Come on Survivor editors...make it a little more suspenseful!!:huh:

Wow! that whole Terry's son thing was crazy! and he ended up getting a heart transplant! amazing!

Yeah that was something. Glad his son is OK.

As for the episode, didn't think I could possibly hate Kass any more but then last night happened. Man does she suck. When the final eating duel was Tasha vs Kass, Probst should have just handed the idol to Tasha and spared Kass the embarrassment of wretching in front of a national TV audience for the second time in a 5 minute span.

Someone (Savage maybe) has to smarten up and see through her and get her out. Unfortunately now that challenges will be individual instead of team, she is zero threat there, so they'll probably keep her around.

Agree..we haven't had any opportunity to rekindle our dislike of Kass because before last night her tribe has had zero air time. So last night..we get to remember how much she sucks

All her talk about getting Spencer out.. she's lame. Great episode though. Love the gross food eating challenges :love:

Back
Top Bottom