Survivor: Cambodia- Second Chance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only problem is that so many winners have already played this game again or have little to no interest in doing so. It would probably make the most sense to have a season with half winners and half third-timers...basically everyone would be competing in Survivor for their very last time. You'd have people like Joe and Malcolm that the audience really wants to see once more competing against people that were ineligible for Second Chances like Natalie, Tony and Kim. I'd watch that. :up:

Regardless, I think all other second chancers should play on a season just like this one. Have one with a fan vote every three years or so and that's that. No more mixing newbies with veterans and all that crap. You get one more shot, and maybe, if you're extremely lucky, a third chance.

Hell, winners versus second chancers wouldn't be a bad idea either. I'd be totally down with them limiting a Survivor contestant's career to just two seasons.

That's funny. Half-winners? No such thing exits. You either win or you don't. I'm sure they could round up at least 18 winners who would return to the game. Especially if they increased the purse from 1 million to 2 million due to the fact that it would be a lot more difficult to win considering every participant has won the game before. Joe was great, but it would be pointless for him to return. They'd vote him out the first chance that there was. He'd have to win every single challenge.

They're bringing back Brains, Brawn, and Beauty or whatever and that was a decent concept. Seems like the only gimmick so far is getting injured. Yes, it's difficult coming up with new ideas when they've had 30 plus seasons, but there lies the challenge. I prefer seeing fresh faces in the game. I loved Jeremy in Blood Vs. Water and it was cool seeing him win this season, but he was an exception. When recent winners Tony and Mike won their respective seasons, they played the game in an unorthodox fashion and it worked for them. There were many times where their social games were for shit, but they persevered regardless. Either have all winners return or have an all new cast. Maybe Second Chancers, but definitely no 3rd chancers. Hell, if its 2nd Chancers, round up 18-20 of the people who were the very first person voted out in their respective seasons. Except for no Francesca. Lol!

I like returning players as a rule. Obviously you can't do it too much, but this season was fantastic. New players wouldn't have provided the level of game play that this season featured from almost the entire cast. With a new crop you'd get maybe a handful or really strong strategists, this season you had like 15 of them.

I like returning players as a rule. Obviously you can't do it too much, but this season was fantastic. New players wouldn't have provided the level of game play that this season featured from almost the entire cast. With a new crop you'd get maybe a handful or really strong strategists, this season you had like 15 of them.

Yes, this season was great! They did have a good cast this season. I don't want to see Spencer again, though. He's another player where the other contestants should vote him out quickly. And shit, nobody said it, but Tasha rode Jeremy's coattails the entire season. She denied it, but that was bullshit.

I just caught up, but haven't watched the reunion yet. Great season! I don't know if it was the game play or great editing but it was the first season where I wasn't pretty sure who was going to get tossed at the tribal councils. A shit ton of blindsides made it very fun to watch. The scrambling was great near the end as well. No real villains this season, but it wasn't necessary.

At the final 4 I felt anyone but Tasha could win. Wentworth was forgettable but scored points with me because of the fake idol. I was leaning towards Spencer because he was playing very strategically, and I like that, but he shot himself in the foot in the end.

I'm still amazed when shit like "becoming a better person" pops up in the game. Butthurt has no place here. Read the fuckin logo people, it's Survivor!

Glad Jeremy won.

The thing with Spencer is that he was playing a great game. But, he made a huge blunder at the end that cost him the million bucks. It's almost like when a pitcher is throwing a No Hitter and his team is up 1-0 in the bottom of the 9th and the pitcher walks a guy and then lets up a 2 run walk off home run to lose the game. You can't do that with a respected player like Jeremy sitting near you.

I don't know if Spencer wins if he doesn't bully Jeremy at final 4 tribal, but he certainly would have had a shot and not been shut out.

Probably would have been close maybe Jeremy 6, Spencer 4 and Becky 0.

I want a celebrity survivor season.

Yeah, that would be awesome. Unfortunately it would likely be C- list celebrities just trying to get exposure. The majority of celebrities we'd really want to see have put themselves in a position in life where they don't need to or wouldn't want to. There are of course a handful of legit celebs that are fans of the show and may want to give it a shot, which is awesome. I loved seeing Jimmy Johnson on there.

Yeah, that would be awesome. Unfortunately it would likely be C- list celebrities just trying to get exposure. The majority of celebrities we'd really want to see have put themselves in a position in life where they don't need to or wouldn't want to. There are of course a handful of legit celebs that are fans of the show and may want to give it a shot, which is awesome. I loved seeing Jimmy Johnson on there.

The show has already featured celebrities. Most of them have been athletes, but there have been some B listers. (Jonathan Penner/ Lisa Whelchel) If the cast featured celebrities, they'd probably donate the money to charity. If Jimmy Johnson had won, I think that's what he would have done.

Yeah I'm down with B list celebrities. They would probably just want to do it for the experience not the money.

The show has already featured celebrities. Most of them have been athletes, but there have been some B listers. (Jonathan Penner/ Lisa Whelchel) If the cast featured celebrities, they'd probably donate the money to charity. If Jimmy Johnson had won, I think that's what he would have done.

Penner was a celeb? I didn't know that. I'll have to google him. I was thinking that the still-famous celebs wouldn't want to go on more because of the 39 days of rough living, but it's really not so bad these days.

Penner was a celeb? I didn't know that. I'll have to google him. I was thinking that the still-famous celebs wouldn't want to go on more because of the 39 days of rough living, but it's really not so bad these days.

Yeah, Penner's best role was The Last Supper which was released in 1996. Cameron Diaz was one of the top names in the movie.

Getting back to the topic of Celebrity Survivor, like I said earlier, if the game featured them, I'm sure all of the contestants' winnings would go to a charity of their choosing. Lisa Whelchel was out of the limelight for years and was focusing more on her faith, so I'm not sure what her financial situation was. She might have "needed" the money. I'm mean, The Facts of Life has been off the air since 1988 and I obviously don't know what her piece of the action was for reruns.

Most of the "celebrities" have been former athletes. Former MLBer, Jeff Kent, was on the show the same time as Lisa. The athletes are usually better at the physical aspect (except for Crystal Cox :wink:) than the social aspect of the game. Whereas the actors' strong point was the social game.

Celebrity Survivor was actually attempted and I'm glad they didn't do it. Jeff Probst tried running it by various celebrities one year, most of whom probably gave him the cold shoulder. I remember him tweeting Jimmy Fallon and saying it would last just a couple of weeks and that he could use Twitter as much as he wants. :doh:

So, no. God, no.

I don't know if Spencer wins if he doesn't bully Jeremy at final 4 tribal, but he certainly would have had a shot and not been shut out.

Probably would have been close maybe Jeremy 6, Spencer 4 and Becky 0.

I agree that without that tribal council blunder he probably doesn't get shut out. Not sure he gets as many as 4 votes though. The crazy thing is, it was so unnecessary. His better argument was to list off the players that would have been sure to vote Kelley over him - Ciera, Kass, and psycho-girl. He didn't have to include himself - leave that implied or at least ambiguous. He just had to say, "hey she's got at minimum 3 votes. Look at that jury how many sure thing votes do I have? None." Funny that Kelley and others tried to convince Jeremy not to take Spencer because of how articulate he is. He may be well-spoken, but that doesn't mean he's convincing. But of course she had to come up with some reason to try to convince Jeremy to keep her.

Not sure why they don't get a chance to make an opening or closing statement any more. Spencer's best argument at final tribal should have been about how he was the mastermind - there were clearly several moments where Jeremy had no clue what was going on and Spencer had to bring him around. Even at that crazy "no votes" tribal Jeremy was saying "Who voted for me?" Really, you didn't get it? I'm not saying I would be any better - 39 days with little food and rest can really mess with your head - but that's at least one area that Spencer could have argued he was more deserving than Jeremy.

Even so, he's probably toast anyway once Jeremy drops the pregnancy bomb. I disagree with others here commenting about how transparent it was - he fit it in to the question Kelley asked so perfectly that it didn't come across as forced or contrived. Yes, still slightly manipulative, but not as much as if he had tried to force it in as an answer to a question that didn't make any sense. The timing just worked out perfectly for him.

Liked him from the beginning of his first season, so glad he won.

Celebrity Survivor was actually attempted and I'm glad they didn't do it. Jeff Probst tried running it by various celebrities one year, most of whom probably gave him the cold shoulder. I remember him tweeting Jimmy Fallon and saying it would last just a couple of weeks and that he could use Twitter as much as he wants. :doh:

So, no. God, no.

Well, maybe not attempted, but discussed. You can't "run it by" a few celebrities. The producers would have to make a more concerted effort than that. Pro athletes are celebrities and I'm sure you could get a bunch of them to sign on. Plus, I'm sure there's a decent amount of actors out there who are fans of the show that would probably do it for a good cause.

Pollard is a tall dude, so I'm sure the contestants on Survivor 32 will figure out he used to play basketball.

Back
Top Bottom